Greeting Cards

connda

I use to buy greeting cards from a small shop on Thapae Road close to SCB but that shop has recently closed.
I'd like to buy some cards to send to family for the holiday.  Any ideas where to buy greeting cards with a Thai flair locally in Chiang Mai?

I just did a Google search on your behalf "Christmas Greeting Cards in Chiang Mai". Several shops showed up on the search. Try it, if for some reason no luck from within Thailand, PM me and I will copy and paste for you.

1 hour ago, secondfusilier said:

Hi Connda,

I'm not based in Chang Mai but I do have problems every year when buying birthday cards.

I read your post about 20 minutes after finding my own solution, just this morning I ordered a pack off Lazada.

Aliexpress also have a fair choice of cards but unlike Lazada they do not have a 'local seller' option.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the suggestion.  Their cards are standard commercial cards.  The shop that I used to buy cards from stocked post cards and greeting cards that reflected the Thai culture and must have been produced in Thailand.  Example, the retailer stocked Nancy Chandler cards which unfortunately, the that retailer, are no longer available. I'm looking for a similar retailer: local retailer stocking items produced regionally. 

1 hour ago, neeray said:

I just did a Google search on your behalf "Christmas Greeting Cards in Chiang Mai". Several shops showed up on the search. Try it, if for some reason no luck from within Thailand, PM me and I will copy and paste for you.

Humorous and about as helpful as a sack of sea-snakes.  :thumbsup:

So, still looking for a local retailer stocking regionally produced cards - not necessarily 'Christmas Greeting Cards' but any type of cards. 
And preferably a shop open during the day as I don't live in Chiang Mai and trips to CM are day trips.  Walking street and the night markets would be an option but I'm generally not in Chiang Mai at night. 

35 minutes ago, connda said:

Humorous and about as helpful as a sack of sea-snakes.  :thumbsup:

So, still looking for a local retailer stocking regionally produced cards - not necessarily 'Christmas Greeting Cards' but any type of cards. 
And preferably a shop open during the day as I don't live in Chiang Mai and trips to CM are day trips.  Walking street and the night markets would be an option but I'm generally not in Chiang Mai at night. 

I think your meds might need adjusting. Or maybe you missed some.

I find your response totally rude and unappreciative.

First of all, this is early November. Generally, when somebody talks greeting cards in early November, one would assume Christmas themed greeting cards.

Secondly, here are your words, "Any ideas where to buy greeting cards with a Thai flair locally in Chiang Mai?" So why all the diatribe about not living in Chiang Mai?

Sheesh ... No wonder that some Thais find some farangs totally objectionable.

So much for trying to help somebody out ! If they can't pose a question right, it's pretty hard to help them.

2 hours ago, connda said:

Thanks for the suggestion.  Their cards are standard commercial cards.  The shop that I used to buy cards from stocked post cards and greeting cards that reflected the Thai culture and must have been produced in Thailand.  Example, the retailer stocked Nancy Chandler cards which unfortunately, the that retailer, are no longer available. I'm looking for a similar retailer: local retailer stocking items produced regionally. 

I think I know what you mean, the ones made of sa paper often with layers of decorations on the face of the card.  I get those every year and relatives and friends rather enjoy the unusual cards.  One of my main sources for the cards was the shop, I think, you mentioned - it was located on the south side between Chang Klan and Soi 1.  There's another shop which has had them a few hundred yards farther west on the same side of the road but they had none as yet last week.  I've also picked them up on at a shop south of Sompet Market and at another shop near Wat Phra Singh....but haven't looked there as yet.  Hopefully the cards will show up within 2-3 weeks (typically I can't find them until the middle of November).  

Airport Plaza, 4th floor shop that sells staitionary and books.

They have a reasonable selection of greeting cards and now have the Christmas cards in.

There is a very good deal on a pack of 5 Christmas cards for 55 baht

They are normally over 140 baht each for a really nice one.

I brought all mine in one go.

Best get there before they run out as it's unusual for them to get any more...why would they...they sold out

TIT

Drove into town today and found two places with a decent selection of cards.  First a tiny shop on the corner of Thapae and Thapae Soi 5 next to 7/11, and then on the way out of Rimping (Iron Bridge) next to the magazines after checking out.  Found some nice cards with a local flavor to send to folks back home for the holidays.  So if anyone else is looking for cards, add those locations to your list. :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, connda said:

Drove into town today and found two places with a decent selection of cards.  First a tiny shop on the corner of Thapae and Thapae Soi 5 next to 7/11, and then on the way out of Rimping (Iron Bridge) next to the magazines after checking out.  Found some nice cards with a local flavor to send to folks back home for the holidays.  So if anyone else is looking for cards, add those locations to your list. :thumbsup:

That first place you mention is the second place on Thaphae Road that I've gotten the Xmas cards before; however, I walked buy there today and stopped and looked carefully at what they had (while they had some nice cards, they still had none of the sa/mulberry paper Xmas cards that I referred to above). Hopefully they'll show up within the next couple of weeks.

Archived