Pattaya: Locals sell their houses after being driven away by trash

webfact

Pattaya: Locals sell their houses after being driven away by trash

73042013_2491421951129261_272107897851215872_n.jpg

Picture: We Love Pattaya

We Love Pattaya reported that house owners in the area of Nern Plap Wan (Nong Mai Ken) housing estate have had enough of the trash that has built up near their properties. 

The media said there are 1,280 houses and 4,000 residents at the estate. 

There is a mountain of trash overflowing from rows of bins. 

When it rains noxious liquid comes out and is spread throughout the area by vehicles. 

74913812_2491421884462601_1939354111270977536_n.jpg

Picture: We Love Pattaya

Locals said there is the threat of disease. 

The Nong Prue municipal trucks come and collect the trash but usually leave half of it, say the residents. 

Some people have already sold up and moved out - and more are planning to do so at the start of next year. 

Source: We Love Pattaya

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-04

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, webfact said:

This is what happens when 4,000 residents in 1,280 houses say 'This is not my problem' instead to get together and find a working solution they''d rather sell out and let someone else deal with it...

We had a similar issue on our estate...turns out the rubbish collection company and estate management company 

disagreed about how much to pay for the service

so eventually the collection company just stopped collecting ,

P_20170909_125337.thumb.jpg.f5b3323bb8b131308203c04c800e8900.jpg

after about a week they came to an agreement that there would be less collection points and service resumed.

P_20170926_151429.thumb.jpg.78027d39436546bf92bdcc24e1a2444a.jpg

the old collection points now had a nice new sign ????

P_20170829_134515.thumb.jpg.8041ee5e53fd2adf67f3fea1d186aba5.jpg

22 minutes ago, webfact said:

Couldn't the residents join together, a few 100 Baht each, to solve the issue? Surely wouldn't be that difficult to find someone to remove the trash for cash. Where they eventually will deposit the garbage is another issue...

Up here in the sticks of udon we pay 40b a month and the rubbish is collected twice a week.we also have a public tip a few miles away.

where there's muck there's money but as usual thais can't get it together and sort a deal out.

i see 1.280 houses that could pay up to 60b a month.thats nearly 80,000 to run a truck and 4 salaried men maybe mon,wed,Friday and that's just one estate.

the only problem I can see is getting paid by the residents.for 60b a month most would rather fly tip it.

12 minutes ago, Wiggy said:

Makes you wonder who would buy one of these places.

The Thai link says the “traditional” house owners moving away. The people live there before. Before the nice place.

But these houses built for foreigners and not locals and like this now. The new people not care. 

Terrible. 

Maybe building company will buy there land and build more new house.= more rubbish.

25 minutes ago, PatOngo said:

Refreshing to see the pride they have in their country is genuine! ????????

Pattaya have a the most caucasians per km in Thailand. Or not? 

Why is it the dirtiest? 

The community must work together. Up to them.

1C5CB208-D368-4026-970E-079082AF2A3B.jpeg

98487DE6-F5E3-4FF4-92DB-9034D25A89D2.jpeg

69A89A61-B07B-43C9-B53C-E3C27A7CFCD0.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Yinn said:

The Thai link says the “traditional” house owners moving away. The people live there before. Before the nice place.

But these houses built for foreigners and not locals and like this now. The new people not care. 

Terrible. 

Maybe building company will buy there land and build more new house.= more rubbish.

Why is it the dirtiest? 

Are you blaming the foreigners ? That's quite funny :smile:

1 minute ago, mauGR1 said:

Are you blaming the foreigners ? That's quite funny :smile:

I blame the community. The people who live there. Up to them. 

Who live Pattaya?

17 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Terrible. 

Why is it the dirtiest? 

you are really cherry picking on this one yinn. 

are you seriously going to post pics on here and talk about the garbage issue in this country ?  you are swimming upstream and are totally ignorant or a complete troll.

so what about the thai community ? why are they not working together ? up to them right ? 

points to you for such a jedi level troll post. others here have proposed good ideas and thoughts on the matter. 

you come in storming blaming the foreigner. a common tone in your posts. 

16 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Who live Pattaya?

Well, i thought it was municipality who takes care of the trash, and the residents are taxed accordingly.

From your post, one could conclude that you expect the foreign residents to solve the problem.

Not going to happen imho.

9 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Why is it the dirtiest? 

Rubbish collection is the local government responsibility..its not the responsibility of tourists ,retirees and guests

(Caucasian or other) to provide basic services likes this.

Also remember "work"  requires a work permit for all non Thai people in Thailand ????

46 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Terrible. 

Why is it the dirtiest? 

This is what trash collection look like in most "high density caucasian" countries. 

images (4).jpeg

images (5).jpeg

BTW I'm the only foreigner in my community and there is no trash collection in the village. All Thai throw and burn trash everywhere. 

I live in a small village (not Pattaya) and I am the only farang. Every house, reluctantly including my own, burns their rubbish daily so apart from the burning plastic issue, at least the community keeps the entire place free of rubbish.

One aspiring entrepreneur recently did a poll around all the houses asking who would sign up for a collection service which would cost 40 Baht a month for a 2 times a week collection. A very large majority rejected it saying that was too expensive and anyway, burning was free. It will take a long time for this attitude to change I fear.

29 minutes ago, Yinn said:
31 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Are you blaming the foreigners ? That's quite funny 

Who live Pattaya?

The problem with that is the way Thailand's government has been so diligent to make sure that foreigners have no voice and no power to do anything about it.  Even if they wanted to, there's not a thing they can do legally.  Keep in mind they can not have majority say when they are only allowed to own 49% of the projects.

We own a property in Pattaya that we can’t rent or sell due to the unbelievable trash pit that has grown in the empty lot next door. Until that lot is sold or someone builds something on it, it’s a wash.

It’s the only purchase I regret in Thailand.

48 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Who live Pattaya?

good morning Yinn,

I am 64 years old and for as long as I can remember in the City of Los Angeles, California, USA there has been trash pick up. One day a week as a kid I would put the trash bin out on the street the night before and in the morning the trash would be gone. As early as the late 70's we began recycling, with two different bins. Later the city began using a new type of truck that could pick the bin up with a robotic type arm.

My point is, in my lifetime, in my neighborhood there is no trash piled up. anywhere. ever.

not on street corners. not in empty lots. ZERO. 

Thailand on the other hand is a huge garage dump everywhere you look. And Thais are responsible for it.

6 minutes ago, impulse said:

The problem with that is the way Thailand's government has been so diligent to make sure that foreigners have no voice and no power to do anything about it.  Even if they wanted to, there's not a thing they can do legally.  Keep in mind they can not have majority say when they are only allowed to own 49% of the projects.

They even have a saying about them always having the upper hand. It allows them to stay in control of everything. Because the moment they don’t have control, we’d all fix this <deleted> hole of a country and the prices would sky rocket. 

Archived