Pattaya: Locals sell their houses after being driven away by trash

webfact

2 hours ago, peterb17 said:

Gosh

I had never thought of that - we always seem to have bags of bottles , coke cans etc. 
Everyone is feeling the pinch a bit with inflation, currency exchange etc - what sort of income stream do you manage selling the recycling? 

Sometimes we used to get 40 or 50 baht from the salvage guy or more depending what else I was getting rid of. 

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Tayaout said:

This is what trash collection look like in most "high density caucasian" countries. 

images (5).jpeg

BTW I'm the only foreigner in my community and there is no trash collection in the village. All Thai throw and burn trash everywhere. 

I see two bins out of alignment, and another which is parked with its wheels facing the road.

I expect the owners received very stern letters from the council.

8 hours ago, Yinn said:

The Thai link says the “traditional” house owners moving away. The people live there before. Before the nice place.

But these houses built for foreigners and not locals and like this now. The new people not care. 

Terrible. 

Maybe building company will buy there land and build more new house.= more rubbish.

Pattaya have a the most caucasians per km in Thailand. Or not? 

Why is it the dirtiest? 

The community must work together. Up to them.

1C5CB208-D368-4026-970E-079082AF2A3B.jpeg

98487DE6-F5E3-4FF4-92DB-9034D25A89D2.jpeg

69A89A61-B07B-43C9-B53C-E3C27A7CFCD0.jpeg

Yeah, the Thay way. Point to the Farangs????

6 hours ago, Yinn said:

I read on TVF “Thais stupid, dirty” everyday. Talk about me.

should say “some Thais” like some farang.

This OP about pattaya, famous farang and sex worker city. 

Is not my life, not my city.

this where I live, not same Pattaya, cleaner than farang country place in #48.

Just because you say something, not mean you right, I wrong. 

I post this already. All “Thais” not the same. If you live  sex tourist and sex worker city, I think it will be dirty. Is not thailand, just one place. 

Different community is different. Thai people not all same each other!

opposite pattaya

F56C389A-264C-45B4-A005-2F8BEA111AF4.jpeg

9FC4D9EB-EBE9-4CAB-95A5-48F6AE5477C3.jpeg

73EBEDEC-11C8-420A-B216-12A87124F9DD.jpeg

BA5F9F3C-7441-474D-A156-EF914445CF1D.jpeg

FCAF8736-4B59-4B86-98CD-E13E800149D0.jpeg

CD9B9147-532F-4277-977E-8E1765F4AB1B.jpeg

4E8F52EA-9539-48F6-A84D-00CCF532825B.jpeg

479A593A-42AD-4BC8-8247-8CCB876A007A.jpeg

4E5E2664-3899-40AD-A8ED-2EC61E8E3559.jpeg

6F56648D-B6EC-4B34-A2DB-3F618DCDC355.jpeg

B72E71E8-2AD5-4B88-914B-1E762DC826B1.jpeg

E6AC853B-6DDC-44FB-887A-66ED880EF428.jpeg

Where this place ?

This story a lot is missing and it just stinks!

When I look at the picture this has been going on for sometime, lots of blame to go around including the Association and the people who own and live in these so call estates. Either too stupid, lazy or just ball less to take things into their own hand so as far as I'm concern they deserve this mess.

Second, who in hell would buy into this mess and if they do they deserve it!????

Thailand and in particular Pattaya just has not got a grip on the environment , pollution and waste !!  It is not just the garbage collection companies problem but mostly the the people who just dump their garbage any old how without a care in the world and have no sense of responsibility .   Until the authorities get tough with fly tippers and introduce proper garbage disposal sites like europe where people "are made" to sort and dispose of garbage properly ( with heavy fines for those who don't ) then the situation will never change !! It was suggested to our Condo management ages ago to introduce separate bins for garabage but it just went on deaf ears and it is not the the farangs ( who do seem to be more educated and environmentally aware ) but the Thais who just chuck anything and everything in the bin -not even in a sealed plastic bags ! House owners moving out ????  mmmm I am thinking of moving out - out of Thailand ! Come on Pattaya - get a grip on the environment !!!

3 hours ago, sillyfool said:

anyone can go out and take pics to suit the needs of their comment. you have selective pics here that do not represent reality at all.

check out this thread from a little while ago....

i bet i could ride down to ranong and within 15 minutes have dozens of pics showing the reality.

your jedi powers are strong yinn i'll give you that.

ps...the pic with the red bin....there is a bunch of trash sitting on the ground around it. maybe not the best pic to post when trying to troll people.

i wonder what this world would be like if every individual was responsible for their own trash.

all humans do it regardless of where they are. check out canada my home for example. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/canadians-produce-more-garbage-than-anyone-else-1.1394020

I bet this place is owned by the military where every morning 5 AM they go to collect garbage on the beach, for the red container and probably empty

10 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Couldn't the residents join together, a few 100 Baht each, to solve the issue? Surely wouldn't be that difficult to find someone to remove the trash for cash. Where they eventually will deposit the garbage is another issue...

Please stop using common sense, it will get you nowhere

3 hours ago, sambum said:

Looks wonderful! But apart from one photo - where are all the PEOPLE? Maybe the "No Smoking" and "No Drinking" and "No Littering" signs are a bit off putting for people wanting to enjoy themselves?

No, I like it.

Yes, is quiet area. And big, like private beach.

And it's the first time I've seen a sign saying that you can not even BRING polystyrene boxes into the area!  

Yes, and now all the restaurant here stop use it. Is really good.

in one pic I see 2 wheelie bins about 10 metres apart - excellent idea, but where I live you would be lucky to see one, because the Council have taken them all away!! (Possibly these green ones are privately owned/bought?)

No, the orbortor supply for everybody. 

5 hours ago, Naamblar2014 said:

Inthefantasyofyourmind do they need 'dangerous rubbish' bins in the parks.  Or is that the only bin you could find to construct this photo.

CD9B9147-532F-4277-977E-8E1765F4AB1B.jpeg.9c0c081718c7066760b2d7fb3edb3c30.jpeg

So this picture is the fantasy of my mind???

is in not a park, just the road.

But here one in the park, not in my mind. 

Have 4, one normal rubbish, recycled, compostable and hazardus.

If you zoom you can read the English. 

We we also have at temples. So people can throw the battery, lightbulb, spray can etc. like that.

102F6828-FCCC-4EA3-818C-498B148655B2.jpeg

1 hour ago, ICELANDMAN said:

Where this place ?

All is Ranong and Phangnga, beautiful westcoast thailand. 

Clean and nature. 

The air also clean number 1 in Thailand.

8 minutes ago, Yinn said:

So this picture is the fantasy of my mind???

is in not a park, just the road.

But here one in the park, not in my mind. 

Have 4, one normal rubbish, recycled, imageproxy.php?img=&key=de238a8f491e857fcompostable and hazardus.

If you zoom you can read the English. 

102F6828-FCCC-4EA3-818C-498B148655B2.jpeg

So your photos have been taken in a national park?

Can explain a lot, the rangers are usualy strict with the rules

and they don't hesitate to fine people who have bad behavior.

The thread of a fine is the only thing that can explain why there is no garbage here.

2 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

So your photos have been taken in a national park?

Top seven is just normal place.

the bottom 5 is the national park.

Can explain a lot, the rangers are usualy strict with the rules

and they don't hesitate to fine people who have bad behavior.

Yes, is good. Good job.

The thread of a fine is the only thing that can explain why there is no garbage here.

No. Because the top 7 is not NP. 

I really not care you not believe me and say my hand like a man. 

I not care what you think. I live in clean place, you not believe it true, I not care. Clean air, clean water, paradise for me.

You live in dirty place. Up to me, up to you.

Here 2 more for you.

EABEA57E-E32F-4B1B-92C7-A632E8C19BCD.jpeg

46D6DE57-1E88-4F1B-900D-67A1A2223E03.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Top seven is just normal place.

the bottom 5 is the national park.

Yes, is good. Good job.

No. Because the top 7 is not NP. 

I really not care you not believe me and say my hand like a man. 

I not care what you think. I live in clean place, you not believe it true, I not care. Clean air, clean water, paradise for me.

You live in dirty place. Up to me, up to you.

Here 2 more for you.

EABEA57E-E32F-4B1B-92C7-A632E8C19BCD.jpeg

46D6DE57-1E88-4F1B-900D-67A1A2223E03.jpeg

Nice thank you

i believe you

and i have never said your hand is the hand of a man

you must be thinking at an other guy

ah and my place is not dirty, my room is clean and the condo is well maintened too

When i go outside i do same the thais, i do not give a lot of attention to the garbage 

i am more busy to look at all the beautiful thais girls, there are everywhere and most of them smile at me, it's the paradise for me too, don't worry about that.

11 hours ago, happy chappie said:

i see 1.280 houses that could pay up to 60b a month.thats nearly 80,000 to run a truck and 4 salaried men maybe mon,wed,Friday and that's just one estate.

Not sure why trash would need to be picked up more than once a week. If that's the case, they are generating way too much trash, and the reason why should be examined and proactively dealt with. But its Thailand, so we know how that goes.

9 hours ago, smedly said:

most Thai residents living in Pattaya come from other province in the country, many visit at the weekend and on holiday

I visit many none tourist towns cities all over Thailand and there is trash everywhere, they are dirty pigs and have no concept of what clean is, you want to see clean - go to the west or even Japan and you will see clean

The difference of living in a 1st world country vs. a 3rd world country. Might as well be in Africa.

It has to do with paying. Moved into a rental in a village without any garbage collection (we found out later). Insisting to not throw the garbage into the next pond or corner we ultimately got offered a collection service of B 200/month. 

For local standards expensive but they came twice a week to collect the garbage. Within months all other nine tenants in the village dumped their garbage near our garbage bin. As I had a movement detector installed for night parking I turned the gizmo to the garbage can and every time someone came, a chime went off. Spoke to all tenants who were utterly surprised that this service was not free of charge and all of them refused to take up my offer to share the service. Result now is, that all garbage - except ours - is being disposed off somewhere god only knows. 

It has to do with education, basic environment awareness, common sense and community responsibility - all attributes which are missing in most Thais - regretfully! 

11 hours ago, Yinn said:

The Thai link says the “traditional” house owners moving away. The people live there before. Before the nice place.

But these houses built for foreigners and not locals and like this now. The new people not care. 

Terrible. 

Maybe building company will buy there land and build more new house.= more rubbish.

Pattaya have a the most caucasians per km in Thailand. Or not? 

Why is it the dirtiest? 

The community must work together. Up to them.

1C5CB208-D368-4026-970E-079082AF2A3B.jpeg

98487DE6-F5E3-4FF4-92DB-9034D25A89D2.jpeg

69A89A61-B07B-43C9-B53C-E3C27A7CFCD0.jpeg

Large parts of Thailand are rubbish dumps and its because of people like you Yinn.

Spouting xenophobic nonsense instead of addressing the fact that many Thais have zero respect for their environment.

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

Sometimes we used to get 40 or 50 baht from the salvage guy or more depending what else I was getting rid of. 

We live in one of the most divisive countries in terms of income - perhaps you did not read my sarcasm and just pure shock that you sell your recycling.

Every day you can see sometimes very elderly people trying to scrape a living searching bins - I stop - have a chat and give them money.

instead of giving - you sell- I have no words- I’m just astounded 

57 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

It has to do with paying....

It has to do with education, basic environment awareness, common sense and community responsibility - all attributes which are missing in most Thais - regretfully! 

You got it in the first sentence

all here is about money money and again money

5 hours ago, Yinn said:

Is not my rubbish. Why I take resposabilty for that? 

Because I am thai? I never been to Pattaya. Maybe the people there take resposabilty better. Or not? 

Yinn is the human punch bag for TVF member for everything bad in thailand.

i not the government, I not the police, I can not control the thai people. Last week in Pattaya, the farang not pay his worker, the farang kick his wife brake the leg, sell the drug, steal the money. 

You able to take resposabilty for that? Or not?

If you could control them then I'm sure Thailand would be a much better place. BTW and you do have very good English , so please don't take it the wrong way you might find grammarly useful. I know I do and I've been learning English for nearly 60 years now !

https://www.grammarly.com/

Archived