Phitsanulok: Eight months pregnant woman killed on motorcycle - two children injured

webfact

Phitsanulok: Eight months pregnant woman killed on motorcycle - two children injured

9pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath reported that a woman - eight months pregnant - was killed after a collision with a six wheel truck in the Wang Thong area of Phitsanulok in Thailand's north on Sunday. 

Rotjana, 35, was riding a Honda Scoopy-i that was involved in a collision with an Isuzu truck carrying earth on the Ban Nern Sawang to Ban Klang Road. 

She suffered a head injury and died on the way to Wang Thong hospital. 

Her two other children - a girl aged nine and a six year old boy riding pillion - were only slightly injured but were also taken to hospital. 

Police said that the mother was taking her children to buy noodles when she lost control of her bike. 

They are interviewing the driver of the truck again to ascertain exactly what happened. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-04

19 minutes ago, webfact said:

Her two other children - a girl aged nine and a six year old boy riding pillion - were only slightly injured but were also taken to hospital.

The way they travel here is extremely dangerous. When are they seriously going to make some effort to stop this insanity?

3 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

The way they travel here is extremely dangerous. When are they seriously going to make some effort to stop this insanity?

There is no political will to change. Enforcing even a simple helmet law is beyond the capability of the inept, clueless and corrupt authorities. Sadly, this sort of tragedy will continue with sickening regularity.

4 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Yes, only a complete moron takes children out on Thai roads on a scooter.

And it's not being racist, some idiot Westerners do it too, and they're even more moronic. 

2 hours ago, Benmart said:

There is no political will to change. Enforcing even a simple helmet law is beyond the capability of the inept, clueless and corrupt authorities. Sadly, this sort of tragedy will continue with sickening regularity.

There is no political will and even less public will to change either.

the trucks carting the red dirt fly along the roads at the best of times so they can take more loads in the day, I have to drive past them on the way to our land(there is a couple of farms where they load up ) and they are idiots the way they drive, the more loads the more money. In many cases money comes before anyone elses safety/road rules on the roads with these people and they just dont give a stuff

2 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:
7 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

And it's not being racist, some idiot Westerners do it too, and they're even more moronic. 

and pregnant to boot, near term no less.

3 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

I recently drove about 10 kilometres on a largely dark busy road, and counted 12 - 12! - bikes with no rear light. One of them had two small children on it being driven by an adult. There really are no words to describe how utterly stupid these people are. Absolutely no common sense or any understanding that they could die at any second. Bizarre. 

3 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

unfortunately many families can not afford an alternative form of transport

4 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Oh, for goodness sake, how long have you lived here? A considerable time I would bet and yet you still don't see that families such as these can only afford a bike. It is the family car and it takes them where they need to go.

If the bike is all you have got, then you use the bike. Stop using your western standards to think out a situation like this. In their shoes and all that! ????

2 hours ago, thequietman said:

Oh, for goodness sake, how long have you lived here? A considerable time I would bet and yet you still don't see that families such as these can only afford a bike. It is the family car and it takes them where they need to go.

If the bike is all you have got, then you use the bike. Stop using your western standards to think out a situation like this. In their shoes and all that! ????

Utter nonsense.

They managed for centuries before motorbikes came along. 

All of a sudden it's impossible not to take a child on one? ????

Stop apologizing for morons that kill and main their children due to laziness. It makes you look like one too. 

2 hours ago, thequietman said:

And now please give us an excuse for the lack of rear lights, sometimes the front light as well, when they drive on dark roads at night. I'll await your reasoning for such gross stupidity and irresponsibility. Being responsible costs nothing, so we can't put that down to 'Thai people poor, cannot afford'.

9 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

And now please give us an excuse for the lack of rear lights, sometimes the front light as well, when they drive on dark roads at night. I'll await your reasoning for such gross stupidity and irresponsibility. Being responsible costs nothing, so we can't put that down to 'Thai people poor, cannot afford'.

Agree totally regarding lights on bikes, but I stand by the fact that poverty means a motorcycle is the only affordable transport in rural places like Philo. There are no regular buses, no transit system and if you need to get around, you use your bike. It's unfortunate, but if mum needs to be somewhere, she doesn't have the necessary finances for a child minder, so the kids come with. 

We can't apply our modern transport systems at home to daily life here in the sticks. Yes, they should take a moment to think of the consequences if they come off, but then, they would never leave the house and what kind of life is that!

18 minutes ago, thequietman said:

in rural places like Philo. There are no regular buses, no transit system and if you need to get around

'Philok'?

Her district has over 100,000 people living in it. 

You're talking out of your @rs3.

20 minutes ago, thequietman said:

We can't apply our modern transport systems at home to daily life here in the sticks.

Eh?

The sticks here have far more convenient transport systems. Songteows and samlors everywhere, just give them a quick call to pick you up. Large extended families and neighbors all help each other.

22 minutes ago, thequietman said:

they would never leave the house and what kind of life is that!

Better than the kid being turned into spaghetti bolognese on the asphalt. 

35 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Philok'?

Her district has over 100,000 people living in it. 

You're talking out of your @rs3.

Ban Kleng has a population of just under 10,000. There are 'taxi' pickups 3 times in the morning to take people into the city. There are NO other public transports available to take people beyond that. You - stop talking out of your A*&e. ????

37 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

The sticks here have far more convenient transport systems. Songteows and samlors everywhere, just give them a quick call to pick you up. Large extended families and neighbors all help each other.

More nonsense coming out of your nonsensical mouth!

There are NOT samlors and songteows everywhere in Philo. Come to the city and have a look around. The lady lived far outside city boundaries, so there Are NONE of these available to her. Yeh, call the family and friends who are also broke THEY CAN COME PICK HER UP ON THEIR motorbike!

You know nothing on what goes on in this city. 

4 minutes ago, thequietman said:

You know nothing on what goes on in this city. 

In Philo?

Yeah,

But Philok (Phitsanulok), spent 4 years living there. 

6 minutes ago, thequietman said:

call the family and friends who are also broke

Know them all personally do you?

Know their bank managers?

Yeah, talking out of your @rs3. ????  

2 hours ago, Rocking Robert said:

WHY She not use her SUV. 

Why are some posters so judgemental about a poor woman who has lost her life, leaving 2 orphans behind, i really cannot understand.

You can be rich, and be able to afford a great car and a great life, but s**t happens, and it can happen to anyone in any moment.

This poor woman was probably struggling hard to give the best she could to her children, please have some respect.

25 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

In Philo?

Yeah,

But Philok (Phitsanulok), spent 4 years living there. 

Yeah, talking out of your @rs3. ????  

Living her in Pilok currently for 15 years now. You sir are a fool and are much like a spoilt kid when you catch them out. I live here in the NOW and none of what you say is true.

However, continue on with your nonsense rant in the hope that you may feel better. Clearly, you are massively insecure and I will get instant clarification of that when you reply - which you will. Can't help yourself , can you! ????

24 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Why are some posters so judgemental about a poor woman who has lost her life, leaving 2 orphans behind, i really cannot understand.

You can be rich, and be able to afford a great car and a great life, but s**t happens, and it can happen to anyone in any moment.

This poor woman was probably struggling hard to give the best she could to her children, please have some respect.

Exactly, but the keyboard warriors in their fancy cars don't see the wood for the trees. Much like the <deleted> I am currently in discussion with on another post. They have no concept or reality on how life is here for people well below the bread line. Insecure, self important people the lot of them. ????

1 hour ago, Happy Grumpy said:

37 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Living her in Pilok currently for 15 years now. You sir are a fool and are much like a spoilt kid when you catch them out. I live here in the NOW and none of what you say is true.

However, continue on with your nonsense rant in the hope that you may feel better. Clearly, you are massively insecure and I will get instant clarification of that when you reply - which you will. Can't help yourself , can you!

????

You only had to admit 'no.' 

Mr. Talking out of your @rs3 ????

13 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

as unfortunate as it is, People do the best with what they have

I wonder if they were able to save the unborn baby?

RIP ,

I hope the poor kids have proper family support.  

Archived