Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Phitsanulok: Eight months pregnant woman killed on motorcycle - two children injured

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Yes, only a complete moron takes children out on Thai roads on a scooter.

 

 

And it's not being racist, some idiot Westerners do it too, and they're even more moronic. 

WHY She not use her SUV. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thequietman said:

Oh, for goodness sake, how long have you lived here? A considerable time I would bet and yet you still don't see that families such as these can only afford a bike. It is the family car and it takes them where they need to go.

If the bike is all you have got, then you use the bike. Stop using your western standards to think out a situation like this. In their shoes and all that! 😞

 

Utter nonsense.

 

They managed for centuries before motorbikes came along. 

 

All of a sudden it's impossible not to take a child on one? 😂

 

Stop apologizing for morons that kill and main their children due to laziness. It makes you look like one too. 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, steve187 said:

unfortunately many families can not afford an alternative form of transport

Motorbikes cost more than bicycles.

 

And shoes.

 

And public transport.

 

There is no excuse. 

 

Being extremely dumb and lazy aren't valid excuses. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thequietman said:

Oh, for goodness sake, how long have you lived here? A considerable time I would bet and yet you still don't see that families such as these can only afford a bike. It is the family car and it takes them where they need to go.

If the bike is all you have got, then you use the bike. Stop using your western standards to think out a situation like this. In their shoes and all that! 😞

 

 

And now please give us an excuse for the lack of rear lights, sometimes the front light as well, when they drive on dark roads at night. I'll await your reasoning for such gross stupidity and irresponsibility. Being responsible costs nothing, so we can't put that down to 'Thai people poor, cannot afford'.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

 

And now please give us an excuse for the lack of rear lights, sometimes the front light as well, when they drive on dark roads at night. I'll await your reasoning for such gross stupidity and irresponsibility. Being responsible costs nothing, so we can't put that down to 'Thai people poor, cannot afford'.

Agree totally regarding lights on bikes, but I stand by the fact that poverty means a motorcycle is the only affordable transport in rural places like Philo. There are no regular buses, no transit system and if you need to get around, you use your bike. It's unfortunate, but if mum needs to be somewhere, she doesn't have the necessary finances for a child minder, so the kids come with. 

 

We can't apply our modern transport systems at home to daily life here in the sticks. Yes, they should take a moment to think of the consequences if they come off, but then, they would never leave the house and what kind of life is that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, thequietman said:

in rural places like Philo. There are no regular buses, no transit system and if you need to get around

'Philok'?

 

Her district has over 100,000 people living in it. 

 

You're talking out of your @rs3.

 

 

20 minutes ago, thequietman said:

 

We can't apply our modern transport systems at home to daily life here in the sticks.

 

Eh?

 

The sticks here have far more convenient transport systems. Songteows and samlors everywhere, just give them a quick call to pick you up. Large extended families and neighbors all help each other.

 

 

22 minutes ago, thequietman said:

they would never leave the house and what kind of life is that!

 

Better than the kid being turned into spaghetti bolognese on the asphalt. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Philok'?

 

Her district has over 100,000 people living in it. 

 

You're talking out of your @rs3.

Ban Kleng has a population of just under 10,000. There are 'taxi' pickups 3 times in the morning to take people into the city. There are NO other public transports available to take people beyond that. You - stop talking out of your A*&e. 😞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

The sticks here have far more convenient transport systems. Songteows and samlors everywhere, just give them a quick call to pick you up. Large extended families and neighbors all help each other.

More nonsense coming out of your nonsensical mouth!

 

There are NOT samlors and songteows everywhere in Philo. Come to the city and have a look around. The lady lived far outside city boundaries, so there Are NONE of these available to her. Yeh, call the family and friends who are also broke THEY CAN COME PICK HER UP ON THEIR motorbike!

 

You know nothing on what goes on in this city. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, thequietman said:

You know nothing on what goes on in this city. 

In Philo?

 

Yeah,

 

But Philok (Phitsanulok), spent 4 years living there. 

 

6 minutes ago, thequietman said:

call the family and friends who are also broke

Know them all personally do you?

 

Know their bank managers?

 

 

Yeah, talking out of your @rs3. 😂  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rocking Robert said:

WHY She not use her SUV. 

Why are some posters so judgemental about a poor woman who has lost her life, leaving 2 orphans behind, i really cannot understand.

You can be rich, and be able to afford a great car and a great life, but s**t happens, and it can happen to anyone in any moment.

This poor woman was probably struggling hard to give the best she could to her children, please have some respect.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

In Philo?

 

Yeah,

 

But Philok (Phitsanulok), spent 4 years living there. 

 

Know them all personally do you?

 

Know their bank managers?

 

 

Yeah, talking out of your @rs3. 😂  

Living her in Pilok currently for 15 years now. You sir are a fool and are much like a spoilt kid when you catch them out. I live here in the NOW and none of what you say is true.

 

However, continue on with your nonsense rant in the hope that you may feel better. Clearly, you are massively insecure and I will get instant clarification of that when you reply - which you will. Can't help yourself , can you! 😞

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, mauGR1 said:

Why are some posters so judgemental about a poor woman who has lost her life, leaving 2 orphans behind, i really cannot understand.

You can be rich, and be able to afford a great car and a great life, but s**t happens, and it can happen to anyone in any moment.

This poor woman was probably struggling hard to give the best she could to her children, please have some respect.

Exactly, but the keyboard warriors in their fancy cars don't see the wood for the trees. Much like the <deleted> I am currently in discussion with on another post. They have no concept or reality on how life is here for people well below the bread line. Insecure, self important people the lot of them. 🙂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Know them all personally do you?

 

Know their bank managers?

...

 

37 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Living her in Pilok currently for 15 years now. You sir are a fool and are much like a spoilt kid when you catch them out. I live here in the NOW and none of what you say is true.

 

However, continue on with your nonsense rant in the hope that you may feel better. Clearly, you are massively insecure and I will get instant clarification of that when you reply - which you will. Can't help yourself , can you!

😂

You only had to admit 'no.' 

 

 

 

Mr. Talking out of your @rs3 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

The way they travel here is extremely dangerous. When are they seriously going to make some effort to stop this insanity?

as unfortunate as it is, People do the best with what they have

I wonder if they were able to save the unborn baby?

RIP ,

I hope the poor kids have proper family support.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...