Who created us and why?

fanof3d

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, AtlasAus said:

funny... Was only thinking about this the other night as trying to go to sleep.... 

I have no answers, I personally have never believed in any 'god'.... It is hard to believe we are the only planet in the whole universe with 'life'.... Maybe the generations I leave behind will have answers... 

My Grandfather who was born in 1909 saw so much change as he grew up. I recall driving with him and my mobile phone rang (nokia 3300 or something) and he was amazed that I could be talking to someone as I was driving..... It was new to to me as well back a few years... Now look where we are... 

But I am glad I found Pattaya ???? 

5555, good explanation man.  We don't really know so at least some people are thinking about it.  Thanks for your reply.

Just now, bwpage3 said:

Has Thailand become that boring that there is nothing about Thailand or the Thai experience to write about?

It's not that it's so boring, it's that we are still human in Thailand and we still have things we think about.  Not sure what you think about but "some" of us think about other things than beer and Pattaya.  Not that I'd blame you if you did but again, it's a forum.  If you hate the topic, no problem.  Me personally, I'm bored as hell but my country is a bit crazy right now so I'm not going anywhere.  I have a lot of time to think about things that I've always wondered about.  Don't hate.  Just want to talk to people who think about the same.  Nothing more, nothing less.

2 minutes ago, Jack Mountain said:

Columbus discovered us but who created it is a tough one ... The Indians?

There were people before the Indians but yeah we "the arriving Americans" slaughtered them, took their land and kicked them to small plots of land that we legally were allowed to inhabit as well".....  nice story for our GOD, right?

1 hour ago, fanof3d said:

I know.  Old people tend not to think too much but they also get left behind.  I mentioned one of the worlds richest men who has access to very sensitive information being that he sends rockets to space (Elon Musk) having an opinion on the topic so hoping that those who can at least grasp what he's talking about can comment....seems your are bored tonight.  Go to sleep.  Sweet dreams!!

Cheeky sod. 'The young man thinks the old man is a fool. The old man KNOWS the young man is'. 

58 minutes ago, fanof3d said:

Here is a video that I was referring too.  Obviously he can't yell and shout it but he wasn't shy about stating his feelings.

It seem to be fashionable to say that we might be living in a simulation. To that I only have one question.

A simulation of what? 

7 minutes ago, fanof3d said:
3 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Cheeky sod. 'The young man thinks the old man is a fool. The old man KNOWS the young man is'. 

7 minutes ago, fanof3d said:

Quote from who?  You? And if so in what context?  Geez. 

George Chapman. English poet and dramatist. 1559- 1634

In what context? I am old, but I still do a lot of thinking.

As far as your topic header goes, off you go and read Charles Darwin's 'On the Origin of Species'.

And here's another quote I like from George Bernard Shaw:

'I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it'.

Bye bye.

My favourite story on this is about the Nobel prize winning theoretical physicist Paul Dirac, who was a passionate atheist. On the Saudi flag there is an Arabic script which essentially says "there is only one God and Mohammed is his prophet". The joke amongst physicists about Dirac was that "there is no God, and Paul Dirac is his prophet". 

Not bad for scientists.

I just want people to think:  Who Created Us?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gU5p6061M34" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=elon+musk+simulation&t=ffab&ia=videos&iax=videos&iai=xBKRuI2zHp0

TV doesn't allow embedd ovbiously so check it out

2 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

My favourite story on this is about the Nobel prize winning theoretical physicist Paul Dirac, who was a passionate atheist. On the Saudi flag there is an Arabic script which essentially says "there is only one God and Mohammed is his prophet". The joke amongst physicists about Dirac was that "there is no God, and Paul Dirac is his prophet". 

Not bad for scientists.

How about Economists? On the US One dollar bill it says "in god we trust"  which might be good advice, being a Fiat currency. LOL 

14 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Four pages of posts in a thread only one hour old. That has to be some kind of record.

I'm an agnostic. That means I don't know. IMO it is preferable to the vanity of those who say they do.

Being an Agnostic is a cop-out IMO. An Atheist does not claim to either know or not know. Simply  not to participate . An Agnostic by virtue of his ambivalence participates.

4 hours ago, sirineou said:

It seem to be fashionable to say that we might be living in a simulation. To that I only have one question.

A simulation of what? 

Let Elon Musk sit on a kitchen hot-plate for 2 minutes and ask him again if everything is just a simulation.

12 hours ago, sirineou said:

Being an Agnostic is a cop-out IMO. An Atheist does not claim to either know or not know. Simply  not to participate . An Agnostic by virtue of his ambivalence participates.

That is the favourite response of an atheist, agnostics are too lily-livered to come right out and say they don't believe in a God.

Atheists condemn the belief in religions. They don't seem to understand their certainty of belief in no God is just as arrogant and patronizing as that of religious adherents.

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

That is the favourite response of an atheist, agnostics are too lily-livered to come right out and say they don't believe in a God.

Atheists condemn the belief in religions. They don't seem to understand their certainty of belief in no God is just as arrogant and patronizing as that of religious adherents.

No not at all,

We don't say there is no god , we simply say that you guys are making an incredible claim and the onus is on you to provide credible evidence. We make no claims that we need to defend. Being agnostic is being intellectually lazy , not wanting to examine the available evidence and take a position. 

Archived