Who created us and why?

fanof3d

On 11/10/2019 at 11:53 AM, Tagged said:

The real question is who created the creators who created us, if there is such a thing as creators. 

We will never know

Indeed.

Richard Dawkins is harshly critical of intelligent design in his book The God Delusion. In this book, he contends that an appeal to intelligent design can provide no explanation for biology because it not only begs the question of the designer's own origin but raises additional questions: an intelligent designer must itself be far more complex and difficult to explain than anything it is capable of designing.[120]

... A designer God cannot be used to explain organized complexity because any God capable of designing anything would have to be complex enough to demand the same kind of explanation in his own right. God presents an infinite regress from which he cannot help us to escape.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, fusion58 said:

Indeed.

Richard Dawkins is harshly critical of intelligent design in his book The God Delusion. In this book, he contends that an appeal to intelligent design can provide no explanation for biology because it not only begs the question of the designer's own origin but raises additional questions: an intelligent designer must itself be far more complex and difficult to explain than anything it is capable of designing.[120]

... A designer God cannot be used to explain organized complexity because any God capable of designing anything would have to be complex enough to demand the same kind of explanation in his own right. God presents an infinite regress from which he cannot help us to escape.

It is amazing that Dawkins has worked out with certainty, what God must be. What a clever chap.

On 11/14/2019 at 6:13 AM, canuckamuck said:

It is amazing that Dawkins has worked out with certainty, what God must be. What a clever chap.

Dawkins is simply stating the obvious, i.e., that invoking a designer god to explain organized complexity requires an infinite regress of teleological "proofs."

At least it's obvious to those readers who traffic in logic, at any rate.

2 hours ago, fusion58 said:

Dawkins is simply stating the obvious, i.e., that invoking a designer god to explain organized complexity requires an infinite regress of teleological "proofs."

At least it's obvious to those readers who traffic in logic, at any rate.

Only if you think something cannot be infinite and outside the rules of time and space.

And there is no way you are certain of that. Even though it is easy to say you are.

On 11/16/2019 at 6:43 AM, canuckamuck said:

Only if you think something cannot be infinite and outside the rules of time and space.

And there is no way you are certain of that. Even though it is easy to say you are.

“There’s no way to be certain of that.”

Thanks for making my case for me.

On 11/4/2019 at 10:35 AM, fanof3d said:

I know.  Old people tend not to think too much but they also get left behind.  I mentioned one of the worlds richest men who has access to very sensitive information being that he sends rockets to space (Elon Musk) having an opinion on the topic so hoping that those who can at least grasp what he's talking about can comment....seems your are bored tonight.  Go to sleep.  Sweet dreams!!

Musk is no spring chicken!

On 11/13/2019 at 11:13 PM, canuckamuck said:

Actually you do not have to be very clever to understand the god delusion: a non existent entity created by cowards,  fools, cynic and charlatans....end of.

On 11/4/2019 at 11:32 AM, fanof3d said:

I want to know again, ON TOPIC, who created us?  A God, A simulation, people we don't know or WHO???

you instructed to us many times, 'look it up', 'research it', why do you not try that yourself?

me? I have no need to 'look it up', I am happy with Mr Darwins' ideas.

The OP states: 'I'm starting this topic because everyone is always talking about GOD'

This statement is simply 100% innacurate. Not true. Not correct. Not a reflection of reality. In other words nonsense.  The very first sentence of the thread is predicated on a false assumption. As is the discussion this undercover, entryist evangelical tries to create. False .

Humans are not that interesting if you look at the whole picture, life on Earth are more interesting to discuss, and that also includes the dinosaurs that lived here more than 65 million years ago. 

So who or what created life on this planet?  When you look at how big the Universe is, the theory that life happened by an "accident" and after "BIg Bang" is hard to understand. But that's what most scientists believe. 

But personally I think we have plenty of alien life forms around in the Universe, and maybe life was "planted" here by aliens . That theory is more interesting than there is a "GOD" who created the humans. 

49 minutes ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Actually you do not have to be very clever to understand the god delusion: a non existent entity created by cowards,  fools, cynic and charlatans....end of.

Yep.

Even less cleverness is required in order to understand that “you can neither prove nor disprove the existence of ‘x’” isn’t a valid argument for the existence of “x.”

On 11/14/2019 at 6:13 AM, canuckamuck said:

Dawkins is quite a chap I admire, but he is also just a man. On the side note, quite an eductated man on the matter in fact. 

On 11/17/2019 at 10:21 PM, sunnyboy2018 said:

The OP states: 'I'm starting this topic because everyone is always talking about GOD'

This statement is simply 100% innacurate. Not true. Not correct. Not a reflection of reality. In other words nonsense.  The very first sentence of the thread is predicated on a false assumption. As is the discussion this undercover, entryist evangelical tries to create. False .

liked already and just wanted to bump.

interesting topic going quiet....

Archived