American and Thai wife on the run after police officer ‘shot and stabbed’ in Pattaya

webfact

25 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

Does everyone understand why the visas are becoming more and more difficult ? The next time you have a complaint about Thai Immigration focus your attention on all the foreign criminals wandering freely around Thailand. Many are easy to spot a mile away. Focus all your attention on the foreigners that are causing problems . I am sure there are more than a few foreigners that know the criminal backgrounds of others. Before you bitch and moan any longer about Thailand turn the criminals in. Pattaya does seems to attract the majority of foreign criminals. You could not pay me enough to ever set foot there.

So TM30's make a difference then? 

No only the good guys do TM 30's.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that was a well planned escape, i would hazard a guess, that plans were in place , for the whole package, not just the get out of jail bit, i suspect they are not even in Thailand at this moment, if they are, then that is a very bad choice. i am thinking Cambodia, and probably dumped the Thai guy, 

23 minutes ago, Aspaltso said:

How incredibly dumb would a person need to be to go to a foreign country, and shoot and stab a police officer in that country? I cannot think of anything(more dumb) than doing this.

I doubt that was his intention on arrival on a visa waiver. Presumably it was an all or nothing attempt to get away from their clutches. And he did make it look rather easy. 

56 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

Does everyone understand why the visas are becoming more and more difficult ? The next time you have a complaint about Thai Immigration focus your attention on all the foreign criminals wandering freely around Thailand. Many are easy to spot a mile away. Focus all your attention on the foreigners that are causing problems . I am sure there are more than a few foreigners that know the criminal backgrounds of others. Before you bitch and moan any longer about Thailand turn the criminals in. Pattaya does seems to attract the majority of foreign criminals. You could not pay me enough to ever set foot there.

Easy or difficult visas are irrelevant, a "successful" criminal can easily spend their way around an immigration issue.

Because what brings criminals to Thailand is the ease with which they can buy a cop or IO.

The ease with which they can do "business".

That is a Thai problem, not a foreigner problem.

One which Thailand has an apparent, historical, "cultural", unwillingness to solve.

The only visa difficulty is for those who are finding the financial requirements a problem.

But it is still "Rich, bad guys in".

27 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

Why would i want to hang with a group of criminals? I am guessing from your comments you are pro-criminal

Of course hanging around buffalos and somchais is by far more satisfying . Willing to bet it’s as much fun as commenting on Pattaya matters when it does not concern you at all????

These three are obviously a 'bad lot' but that's my comment here. Fortunately, I don't know what the inside of a Thai court looks like but ought there to be more police around? Wasn't there 1,700 for the ASEAN summit security? Maybe they were all there, eh?

20 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

So TM30's make a difference then? 

No only the good guys do TM 30's.

Not saying the direction Thai Immigration is correct at thinning out the foreign criminals. Just saying things will only continue to get worse because of them. Lets not forget it was Thai Immigration that let them flood into the country like it was a Black Friday sale. The majority of foreigners that are allowed into Thailand would never be allowed to enter Singapore for example just on their dodgy looks alone. A good police officer in America has a sixth sense about criminals. They can smell one a mile away.

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Police are now investigating how they came to obtain a knife and pistol.

Only two avenues of investigation...

obtained via a visitor which means no search before entry to the cells

or

help from inside !

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

To get to a neighboring country he would have to enter it illegally, no stamp in his passport would show when he tries to exit through the airport, he would be arrested, do time for illegal entry then be sent back to Thailand.

and yet Yingluck made it all the way to London!

4 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Only two avenues of investigation...

obtained via a visitor which means no search before entry to the cells

or

help from inside !

100% inside job. They were transported from jail to court to face judge. All get searched in jail. In court all kept in a cell as well, no visitors. 

I am guessing court guard was paid off 

1 hour ago, Assurancetourix said:

I went a little faster believing that what is true in France and in other countries was in all countries :sorry:

" Some countries, such as Austria, Brazil, the Czech Republic, France, Germany, Japan, Norway, the People's Republic of China, the Republic of China (Taiwan), Russia, Saudi Arabia, Switzerland and Syria, forbid extradition of their own citizens. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extradition

They may not extradite but will still prosecute and try based on their laws.. not a get-out-of-jail-free card

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

The story in the Bangkok Post shows a picture of the American who will obviously stand out in a Thai crowd but none of the Thai accomplices who did the actual shooting.  Thus the blame game continues; Thai Good; Farang Bad.

Oh, come on. 1 kg of crystal meth is not for personal use, by the biggest stretch of the imagination. He and his wife are drug dealers.

49 minutes ago, Aspaltso said:

How incredibly dumb would a person need to be to go to a foreign country, and shoot and stab a police officer in that country? I cannot think of anything(more dumb) than doing this.

The guy was already dumb enough to deal drugs in Thailand (allegedly).  Plus possess a gun.

Not sure what the penalty for having 1kg of Ice would be.. can't be a slap on the wrist for anyone (Thai or foreign)

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Makes no sense at all what you trying to say, but in a country with 67 million people and 30 million tourists to make a silly statement how 1 foreign criminal makes everyone else look bad is beyond silly

So, you must be the only one that do not see how much criminal foreigners there is to be read about in the press and hear about in the news almost everyday? Or maby you believe ity´s the same one in different forms, look and nationalities.

Yes, this person is one of all those you put the blind eye for, because it´s scary for you to see a reality where you can´t blame the Thai population for everything that is wrong.

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

So, you must be the only one that do not see how much criminal foreigners there is to be read about in the press and hear about in the news almost everyday? Or maby you believe ity´s the same one in different forms, look and nationalities.

Yes, this person is one of all those you put the blind eye for, because it´s scary for you to see a reality where you can´t blame the Thai population for everything that is wrong.

Give it a rest buba....I bet there are 1,000 Thai drug dealers caught for every one farang drug dealer...

2 hours ago, Skallywag said:

a young man of 39 in thailand should be with a better looking and younger girlfriend, is all i see.:crazy:

recreational drug use is a victimless crime, same with prostitution (also illegal in LOS)

3394834.jpg

She sure is tall.  

12 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

So you must be the one who thinks out of 30 million tourists there would not be any criminals?

Archived