Don't write anything in your passport or you won't be able to fly

webfact

Don't write anything in your passport or you won't be able to fly

8pm.jpg
Thai caption: Mystical symbol meant they couldn't fly

Thais have been warned once again not to deface their passports with cartoon characters or drawings of any kind. 

This time a person on a group tour to South Korea was denied boarding after a passport was found to have a mystical symbol written on one of its pages. 

This is meant to be auspicious and protect the bearer - but it only meant disappointment. 

A person from "Cherry Tour" warned people that a passport is an official document and not something to be treated lightly or defaced in any way. 

Sanook showed official warnings about stamping cartoon characters or putting drawings in passports that may invalidate their use. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-05

2 minutes ago, Bournville said:

Thailand government has defaced my USA passport many many times the bloody hypocrites!! Lots of staples..jotting down notes on several pages. NO OTHER country has done this to me. None!

Staples, and notes by immigration  are considered defacing?  You are a sensitive soul.

8 minutes ago, Bournville said:

Lots of staples..jotting down notes on several pages.

Do you have the correct visa?

9 minutes ago, Bournville said:

Thailand government has defaced my USA passport many many times

I mean the correct visa for your 'many, many' visits?

5 hours ago, webfact said:
8pm.jpg
Thai caption: Mystical symbol meant they couldn't fly

the only problems here is that the 'entry' was not done in Pencil! 

Isn't that the personal details, and updateable Home Contacts  page after all?

14 minutes ago, tifino said:

the only problems here is that the 'entry' was not done in Pencil! 

Isn't that the personal details, and updateable Home Contacts  page after all?

It is yes. Wonder what they would say if initially you had your father as contact and if he passed on you put a line through it and printed your mother's name???

7 minutes ago, overherebc said:

It is yes. Wonder what they would say if initially you had your father as contact and if he passed on you put a line through it and printed your mother's name???

THAT is why you do it in Pencil...

heh heh heh; "hey I am travelling to Thailand, so I need to take a Rubber with me"

(for just such an occasion)

an innocent sort of rubber  image.jpeg.80da1c726ba54d459886dd4cdcc84d2a.jpeg 

4 minutes ago, tifino said:

THAT is why you do it in Pencil...

heh heh heh; "hey I am travelling to Thailand, so I need to take a Rubber with me"

(for just such an occasion)

Well depending where you come from and what you mean by a 'rubber' depends on what you're going to use it for.

????

5 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Well depending where you come from and what you mean by a 'rubber' depends on what you're going to use it for.

????

you partial ???? quote missed the 'qualifier' at the bottom of my Post!

5 hours ago, Bournville said:

Thailand government has defaced my USA passport many many times the bloody hypocrites!! Lots of staples..jotting down notes on several pages. NO OTHER country has done this to me. None!

They're free, what are you whinging about?

9 minutes ago, Hoppyone said:

Wait till one day they rip out half a page in your passport that the paper work was stapled to,then you might have a different opinion on the matter

Yes, I am aware of that possibility.  So I always carefully remove the staples from the documents IO stapled in my passport, in order to avoid any damage.

17 minutes ago, meltingpot2015 said:

How so?..I thought adding pages to U.S passport cost money when it was around. Now, it appears you have to apply for new passport. Doubt this is free.

Edit: OH!, I see what you mean, THAILAND is FREE.

He meant the staples are free ????

1 minute ago, lkv said:
19 minutes ago, meltingpot2015 said:

How so?..I thought adding pages to U.S passport cost money when it was around. Now, it appears you have to apply for new passport. Doubt this is free.

Edit: OH!, I see what you mean, THAILAND is FREE.

He meant the staples are free ????

which was strange back in Jan, when the silly IO tore a big hole in my page, trying to get his old staple back! 

6 hours ago, Bournville said:

Not to mention how many pages Thailand Immigration wastes on re-entry permits, 30 day temporary visas and so on.

16 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

And I thought I had a tragic life ... damn ... so many words for such a little little thing.

Your life is tragic Pffft.

Here's me 70 plus, have to shave every day or I look like Santa. And, even worse, I've got ass cheeks like spaniels ears.

Luckily my passports ok.

Feel better now??

1 hour ago, Hoppyone said:

Wait till one day they rip out half a page in your passport that the paper work was stapled to,then you might have a different opinion on the matter

Know the feeling! Thai immigration did this - not even an apology. I may need to buy a whole new passport because of their actions trying to keep all their little bits of stapled paper up to date.  (according to some sources)  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdYtbMKWMHM

image.png.4fdee34757c2ec75d2a98aa4ad4777be.png

5 minutes ago, UncleMhee said:

It really does depend on where your from and which English dialect you speak. Both can in fact, be seen as correct.

They are both correct, colinneil was using the Britishism, "knickers in a twist" ,the other version, an Americanism, is "panties in a knot". A brief summary of idiotic idioms.

31 minutes ago, ratcatcher said:

They are both correct, colinneil was using the Britishism, "knickers in a twist" ,the other version, an Americanism, is "panties in a knot". A brief summary of idiotic idioms.

How would you express it then, Khun Noo?

????

8 hours ago, Bournville said:

Then you have never worked in the MENA region.

Archived