Teaching licence question

Hello all,

I studied the required course to get my teachers licence...a couple of years back. I got a bit lazy, changed schools and have now been at my current school for the 1 year period. I am on my 2nd waiver. The thing is, I am hanging on by a thread at this school. I will have been here for 1 year by Jan 2020. I already went to Karusapa with all the doc because it wasnt clear to me that I did indeed have to be at this particular school for 1 year before applying. She checked all the docs and said it was all fine but to come back in Jan........The way its worded in their application seems like I only needed 1 years teaching experience...I have 14 so.....

Anyway, here is the question. What happens if you apply for the licence and while its in process you resign and get another job? Does this nullify it? I doubt that it would. Would they not just send the licence to the school? I am planning on leaving this job on good terms and giving one months notice, basically follow all their contractual requirements. In this case, could I not just go and pick up the licence when it arrived at the school? 

Cheers. 

It should be OK, as they give the license from date of application and as opposed to the waiver it is not connected to the school. Teaching experience needs to be at least 1 year in Thailand.

If you recently apply it seems indeed you will get the license somewhere in january. They will send the teaching license to your current school, so have a word with your current school about receiving it.

Right, how it reads in the application is that you need one years teaching experience and as I have said I have way more than that.........But, when I got there I was told NO, it doesnt mean that it means I need to be at the current school at the time of application for 1 year. Anyway, no big deal I will have been there 1 year on around January 15th. I will therefore go back on that date and apply. When  I went there a few weeks back she did look at all my paperwork and said it was fine...........

So, it could happen that I apply for the licence and 'possibly' hand in my one months notice sometime around Feb/March........it could still be in process at that time. I guess I just have to be nice to my school.....

3 hours ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

Right, how it reads in the application is that you need one years teaching experience and as I have said I have way more than that.........But, when I got there I was told NO, it doesnt mean that it means I need to be at the current school at the time of application for 1 year. Anyway, no big deal I will have been there 1 year on around January 15th. I will therefore go back on that date and apply. When  I went there a few weeks back she did look at all my paperwork and said it was fine...........

So, it could happen that I apply for the licence and 'possibly' hand in my one months notice sometime around Feb/March........it could still be in process at that time. I guess I just have to be nice to my school.....

OR, head off to Vietnam, Cambodia or Myanmar and get double the salary here without all the Bull Sheee ite. ????

You need to be at the school more than one year. It's one years from the date of the work permit not the contract. I'm absolutely certain of this.

It sounds as though you haven't submitted your paperwork. So next question. As you're not getting on well there. Do you already have the directions evaluation and signature with a minimum of 2 additional teachers signing and backing that? Sounds as though you have it completed but they did not accept it. See above.

Finally, if your paperwork is in process it will be mailed to the school in about 90 days. IMO it's doubtful the school will forward to you but I would think they would hold it for you. Find out who handles the mail. Tell them b1000 for fielding the large brown envelope and calling you.

Even if you're a clown usually schools glad the teachers are gone. Few mean spirited enough to destroy your license. But if you quit before the term ends, all bets off. You've left them stranded at years end. Might be vindictive.

You're really doing yourself a disservice by being let go at this point in time. It speaks to your ability as a teacher of course, but your professional resolve. Do whatever it takes to stay at that school and get the license. Unless it's a bad school, churns through teachers and is prepared to replace you the ball is in your court to make it until years end.

Whatever it takes.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/5/2019 at 9:13 PM, Number 6 said:

You need to be at the school more than one year. It's one years from the date of the work permit not the contract. I'm absolutely certain of this.

It sounds as though you haven't submitted your paperwork. So next question. As you're not getting on well there. Do you already have the directions evaluation and signature with a minimum of 2 additional teachers signing and backing that? Sounds as though you have it completed but they did not accept it. See above.

Finally, if your paperwork is in process it will be mailed to the school in about 90 days. IMO it's doubtful the school will forward to you but I would think they would hold it for you. Find out who handles the mail. Tell them b1000 for fielding the large brown envelope and calling you.

Even if you're a clown usually schools glad the teachers are gone. Few mean spirited enough to destroy your license. But if you quit before the term ends, all bets off. You've left them stranded at years end. Might be vindictive.

You're really doing yourself a disservice by being let go at this point in time. It speaks to your ability as a teacher of course, but your professional resolve. Do whatever it takes to stay at that school and get the license. Unless it's a bad school, churns through teachers and is prepared to replace you the ball is in your court to make it until years end.

Whatever it takes.

The TCT counts from the day the provisional TL was issued and it has to be 365 days before you can apply for a TL.

It's usually 60 days, not 90. There are clowns, you're right. 

Archived