Buying brand spirits in Pattaya

mrblonde

Why buy branded?

Red Cock Vodka from Tesco, 150bht 70cl.

Black Cock Whiskey, 170bht 70cl.

Hong Thong blended Rum, 250bht 70cl.

It all tastes the same if you're drinking it with a mixer or in a cocktail.

If you want branded to impress your mates, do what the Thais do, pour the cheap stuff into an expensive bottle.

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Why buy branded?

If you want branded to impress your mates, do what the Thais do, pour the cheap stuff into an expensive bottle.

All of that stuff you mentioned about is utter rot gut mixed or not. It smells terrible, it tastes nasty hence why it is dirt cheap.

To the OP, Villa Market has a great selection of branded spirits. Some are not cheap but if you drink Neat that's the place to go. Not sure what branded spirit you are looking for specifically. You can also order online 

6 minutes ago, JAFO said:

All of that stuff you mentioned about is utter rot gut mixed or not. It smells terrible, it tastes nasty hence why it is dirt cheap.

To the OP, Villa Market has a great selection of branded spirits. Some are not cheap but if you drink Neat that's the place to go. Not sure what branded spirit you are looking for specifically. You can also order online 

Why not the good brands at 7/11?

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Why buy branded?

you've got great taste..........

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Why buy branded?

Nothing to do with impressing my mates, I was intially concerned about possibly being sold fake/poorly manufacturer alcohol, and now as others have said the cheap stuff is gut rot cr@p.  I'm happy to pay a little more to reduce the risk of not knowing what I'm actually putting into my body

I'm not at the 150bht per 70cl stage just yet 

16 hours ago, mrblonde said:

Sorry all I should of said, vodka and Bacardi  ????

I see 7/11's sell Absolut Vodka and Bacardi clear rum. They are fairly priced.

Villa sells Absolut and other top shelf Vodka's. They also sell a host of various dark and clear rums.

I typically do not mix. ????

9 hours ago, JAFO said:

I see 7/11's sell Absolut Vodka and Bacardi clear rum. They are fairly priced.

Villa sells Absolut and other top shelf Vodka's. They also sell a host of various dark and clear rums.

I typically do not mix. ????

The Absolut is commonly fake here.  Number should be etched in the glass.  711 might be safe, unfortunately mom pop might be unwilling players in the counterfeit game. 

On 11/6/2019 at 7:22 AM, BritManToo said:

Why buy branded?

Did we meet at one of my parties?

On 11/7/2019 at 2:48 AM, moontang said:

The Absolut is commonly fake here.  Number should be etched in the glass.  711 might be safe, unfortunately mom pop might be unwilling players in the counterfeit game. 

I agree. I always look for the Import label but have seldom ever bought any alcohol from 7/11 except the occasional Leo.

1 hour ago, JAFO said:

I agree. I always look for the Import label but have seldom ever bought any alcohol from 7/11 except the occasional Leo.

The 200 ml Jameson are 329..same price as the others... pretty good in a cup of Birdy Robusto. I had heard about someone being served fake Jameson at a bar.  But, the Absolut thing is way out of bounds. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2019 at 7:41 AM, JAFO said:

That is not why they are cheaper. There is around 400% taxes on imported spirits, so that Absolut bottle that cost you 800 baht would've been more like 200 baht too if it was made locally. Nothing wrong with local spirits, some of them like Sangsom are good.

26 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

That is not why they are cheaper. There is around 400% taxes on imported spirits, so that Absolut bottle that cost you 800 baht would've been more like 200 baht too if it was made locally. Nothing wrong with local spirits, some of them like Sangsom are good.

Ill drink to that! Sangsom is excellent especially when drunk with soda for a mellow hit.....in shots for a fast hit

Archived