Is it better to be born now or then?

ivor bigun

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

For instance you post a picture out your bedroom window, sun rising over a beautiful mountainside . people see it then look out their window, see reality and get depressed, what they don't realise is that the other side of the window with the beautyful mountainside is a garbage dump

You mean like this ............. other side just has buffalo.

Bedroom windows.jpg

buffalo (2).jpg

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

You mean like this ............. other side just has buffalo.

Bedroom windows.jpg

buffalo (2).jpg

I was going to post a picture of the woman who lives opposite us ,(she has a lovely bum in shorts) but the wife caught me taking it and confiscated my phone .

19 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

I was going to post a picture of the woman who lives opposite us ,(she has a lovely bum in shorts) but the wife caught me taking it and confiscated my phone .

I'm sorry you are so disrespectful of your wife as to do such a thing,

When the cold war stopped and Russia and America started to work together the future looked bright. Many of us thought now wars are over and it will all get better. Now, with Trump and Brexit and the polarization in many countries it's hard to see a bright future.

Do I want to see 2050? Somehow I don't think so.

People are always going to recall their past in a favourable way, well most anyway, and while I agree with you that life seemed less intense in the 60s and 70s, we never had the tech that the kids have today.

When I was backpacking in the 70s and 80s, if I wanted to communicate with someone at home, it would take a letter 8-10 days to arrive and finding places was a real challenge.

I think we're living in exciting times, and I for one, wouldn't have wanted to be born at any other time.

In all honesty, I couldn't have wished for a better life, and I did it all and took every opportunity that came my way. Some didn't work out, but had I not taken the chance, I would have always wondered, what would've happened if I had done that?

Your life is but the blink of an eye, so enjoy every moment and do those things you've been thinking about.

On 11/9/2019 at 8:54 AM, ivor bigun said:

Did you ask your wife if it's OK to post on TV?

On 11/8/2019 at 9:56 PM, BritManToo said:

I don't know any western women who can do the same jobs as men, usually they just sit in an office.

Haven't seen any digging ditches, down the mines, working construction, providing utilities or anything that actually maintains or contributes to modern civilisation.

I know loads of women that can do the same job as men. Mountaineers, survival guides in Antarctica, soldiers.

That most just work in offices, for loadsacash more than they would doing a man's job just goes to show that they are smarter than men.

Notice how they become lawyers and politicians? That's so they can control everything without getting dirty.

1 hour ago, geronimo said:

in the 60s and 70s, we never had the tech that the kids have today.

When I was backpacking in the 70s and 80s, if I wanted to communicate with someone at home, it would take a letter 8-10 days to arrive and finding places was a real challenge.

A very good thing too. Kids these days sit in their room, chat to imaginary friends and get fat and unhealthy.

Kids in my day went out and learned about life, not how to be offended at everything.

I always looked at holidays as an opportunity to get away from everyone and I never felt I had to talk to mummy every day.

Letters were pretty good too. It made communication special, unlike talking on the phone.

The ultimate proof is that western people really were happier then, even though they had less stuff. Now people are unhappy and angry about everything, because for most, their lives are <deleted>.

On 11/10/2019 at 1:38 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

When the cold war stopped and Russia and America started to work together the future looked bright. Many of us thought now wars are over and it will all get better. Now, with Trump and Brexit and the polarization in many countries it's hard to see a bright future.

Do I want to see 2050? Somehow I don't think so.

It's all Trump's fault? Seriously?

I can't post political stuff on this sub forum, so I can't really reply to that here, sorry, But IMO he was as a result of western society collapsing, not the cause, and IMO western civilisation is as doomed as the Roman empire.

All civilizations collapse from within, and ours has been collapsing since the Vietnam war ended and we ran away.

Another civilization is abuilding to take over as I write and they are not concerned with what gender to call themselves.

On 11/9/2019 at 2:54 PM, ivor bigun said:

I'm sorry you live with someone so insecure that taking a photo of a woman is grounds for stealing your property. I suggest you punish her by withholding sex for a month- that'll teach her.

Luckily for us though, we can easily find loads of photos of attractive bums on the internet ( at least the internet is useful for something other than waffling on TVF ).

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I can't post political stuff on this sub forum, so I can't really reply to that here, sorry, But IMO he was as a result of western society collapsing, not the cause, and IMO western civilisation is as doomed as the Roman empire.

All civilizations collapse from within, and ours has been collapsing since the Vietnam war ended and we ran away.

Another civilization is abuilding to take over as I write and they are not concerned with what gender to call themselves.

I dont think our civilization is collapsing ,its being taken over by those from the poorer parts of the world ,who in the end will bring it down to their level 

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm sorry you live with someone so insecure that taking a photo of a woman is grounds for stealing your property. I suggest you punish her by withholding sex for a month- that'll teach her.

Luckily for us though, we can easily find loads of photos of attractive bums on the internet ( at least the internet is useful for something other than waffling on TVF ).

it was a joke ,you do know that?

2 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

I dont think our civilization is collapsing ,its being taken over by those from the poorer parts of the world ,who in the end will bring it down to their level 

Exactly. The Roman empire was finished when they had to import mercenaries to defend them, and the mercenaries decided to take over.

Can any one of us imagine the British Empire at the height of it's power allowing millions of poor people with no needed skills to move to England hidden in ox carts, and then allowing them to stay?

We are the authors of our own destruction, willingly undertaken by the very governments that are supposed to protect us.

53 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I know loads of women that can do the same job as men. Mountaineers, survival guides in Antarctica, soldiers.

That most just work in offices, for loadsacash more than they would doing a man's job just goes to show that they are smarter than men.

Notice how they become lawyers and politicians? That's so they can control everything without getting dirty.

Yes, they do all the jobs where they don't need to work.

You forgot estate agents.

If every woman died today, civilisation would carry on for many years.

If every man died today, the lights would be off by the end of the week, gas and motorised transport gone by the end of the month.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

No, obviously it's not all Trump's fault.

But Trump and Brexit are perfect examples how this word, or at least part of it, are developing.

Trump is an incompetent serial liar but 62 million Americans voted for him. I am not the only person who thinks that is not really a good sign.

And Brexit is especially popular with people who read all the lies which Boris and the UK press published over the last decade. Will Brexit improve the life of most people in the UK? The answer is obvious. But people still vote for Boris and Brexit. Amazing.

And then there are of course people like Rodrigo Duterte and other populists.

With elected leaders like that how can we expect a better world?

55 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

I think the Thai Immigration agrees with you, hence them strengthening immigration controls to get rid of non desirable from poorer parts of the World.

43 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

But Trump and Brexit are perfect examples how this word, or at least part of it, are developing.

Trump is an incompetent serial liar but 62 million Americans voted for him. I am not the only person who thinks that is not really a good sign.

And Brexit is especially popular with people who read all the lies which Boris and the UK press published over the last decade. Will Brexit improve the life of most people in the UK? The answer is obvious. But people still vote for Boris and Brexit. Amazing.

I'd really like to get into that with you, but I don't want to be suspended for politics on a non political sub forum.

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Not if she needs the money!

When I got married I thought I was going to get free sex every night. I only got regular sex first year when I was living with her, and after marriage I was still paying for everything else, but not getting any regular folk dancing- just enough to keep me hooked.

No fool like an old fool got married.

A psychologist I talked to explained that they even have a scenario for the cutting off of sex after hooking the muggins.

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

nothing to say really ,most people feel the opposite

Archived