Is it better to be born now or then?

ivor bigun

58 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Really? Most people?

Do people think it is progress if people like Trump and Boris constantly lie to everybody?

What happened to integrity? 

We dont believe they lie . anyway this is not a political forum its a fun one so i dont really want to discuss it ,

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Yes, they do all the jobs where they don't need to work.

You forgot estate agents.

If every woman died today, civilisation would carry on for many years.

If every man died today, the lights would be off by the end of the week, gas and motorised transport gone by the end of the month.

If every woman died today, that would be the end of us, as we could no longer breed!

If every man died today, the women would stock on sperm and create a super race that kills all males at birth!!!

1 hour ago, geronimo said:

If every woman died today, that would be the end of us, as we could no longer breed!

If every man died today, the women would stock on sperm and create a super race that kills all males at birth!!!

I read a book about that. All males died out and women carried on using special breeders.

29 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

I do believe that those born now ,will not be born into a very nice world ,none of the freedoms that us oldies had , actually it would not suprise me if ,mankind as we now know it came to an end ,in the years to come ,we will never know .

Assuming you are only talking about such as us that chat on here ( most people in the world have always had <deleted> lives, but our western generation managed to have a good life ).

Agreed that the next generations will not have good lives-

overpopulation and invasion of the west by the hordes escaping their own <deleted> holes.

overexploitation of resources

maniac governments- we ain't seen anything yet

draconian control regulations

government spying- London observes everyone when outside with thousands of CCTV cameras

etc

56 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

Many people now believe that, anyone born today will have to go through the collapse of independent states, the tyranny of a global oligarchy, the tribulation, the reign of the beast, and then Armageddon. Unless they get raptured or martyred of course.

It's happening if we observe closely enough.

Mark of the beast- used to be that they would tattoo a bar code on all of us, but now they want to implant a chip into us, but going softly softly. Some idiots actually think it would be a good idea as it means they can pay for stuff by waving their arm over a machine.

Once they bring in the cashless society humans are really screwed. The sheeple are welcoming it with open arms.

On 11/7/2019 at 3:58 PM, emptypockets said:

At that age we and my mates were out after breakfast with a stern warning to be home before the streetlights came on.

I am so happy to hear that there were same amount of irresponsible parents at that time too.

2 hours ago, geronimo said:

Ever heard about cloning?

23 minutes ago, transam said:

Detached retina in both eyes, both lens replaced..

whoops , glad they fixed it , i have a cataract ,lucky when they found it ,it was found that i had pressure in my eyes as well that can lead to gloucoma ,so i was given drops and it sorted that out ,.

Really? Most people?

Do people think it is progress if people like Trump and Boris constantly lie to everybody?

What happened to integrity? 

I can only assume you hate Trump so much that you can't see why other people don't have a problem with him. Two sides to every coin etc.

Please stop bringing Trump into the thread. It's nothing to do with the topic and to be honest, some of us are just sick of the Trump bad mantra, plus it's political and as I've already pointed out against the rules on a non political sub forum.

Thank you in advance.

On 11/12/2019 at 10:32 PM, geronimo said:

Bit tongue in cheek actually, except for the first sentence, as without women, there'd be no children.

Actually that's only partially correct. If they could store loads of eggs before all the women died out, a foetus can grow anywhere with a blood supply, so a fertilised embryo could be implanted in a male abdomen and brought successfully to term. Women are only necessary for the eggs.

Anyway, I'm sure science can clone humans if they were allowed to. Not much difference between Dolly and a lot of humans anyway, bahhhh, bahhhh.

33 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm sorry that you never lived in a world where it was safe to allow children to go out all day without worrying about them.

The world now sucks. 

No, I can leave my 7 year old daughter playing alone outside, but I would not even think about letting her run out all day without reporting back in between as well as coming in eating and beeing cared for.

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

No, I can leave my 7 year old daughter playing alone outside, but I would not even think about letting her run out all day without reporting back in between as well as coming in eating and beeing cared for.

Neither would most parents back then either. We were somewhat older when we were allowed out all day. 

Nowadays parents won't let their little princes out the door for fear something bad will happen to them. Result is a load of unhealthy fat kids that still live in mummy's basement in their thirties.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Neither would most parents back then either. We were somewhat older when we were allowed out all day. 

Nowadays parents won't let their little princes out the door for fear something bad will happen to them. Result is a load of unhealthy fat kids that still live in mummy's basement in their thirties.

By the time we were 10 we went wherever we wanted. I don't think my folks even asked what we did that day. Summer was 2 months of adventure, we did have to be back by supper

7 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

By the time we were 10 we went wherever we wanted. I don't think my folks even asked what we did that day. Summer was 2 months of adventure, we did have to be back by supper

I used to get out by my window at night. That didn't end well when I came back at 4am with my mother in tears waiting in my room. 

18 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

To clarify. Girls didn't go out roaming around alone all day even then, but they were probably playing with their Barbie or doing each other's hair or whatever girls did back then. They certainly didn't like riding their bikes down dangerous hill tracks, or doing "boy" things. I actually have no idea what girls did as I didn't like girls. I didn't like them till I was about 20, and then things got a lot more complicated. I think I'd be a lot happier and a lot wealthier if I'd just kept on not liking them the rest of my life.

Archived