Russian tourist dies despite rescue, revival efforts

snoop1130

Russian tourist dies despite rescue, revival efforts

By Eakkapop Thongtub

1572953092_1-org.jpg

Snr Sgt Maj Boonyarit Intakarn of the Phuket Tourist Police was notified of the man’s death by staff from Patong Hospital at 10:30am.

PHUKET: A 61-year-old Russian tourist has died after being dragged away from shore by a rip at Karon Beach today (Nov 5).

Snr Sgt Maj Boonyarit said that the man* was seen swimming alone at the very northern end of the beach, just a few hundred metres from the “Tourist Service Center” launched by Tourist Police only in September.

The man was seen struggling in the water after he had been dragged far from the beach.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/russian-tourist-dies-despite-rescue-revival-efforts-73508.php#JDUXCMgxJbUETv6b.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-11-05

if somebody needs private rescueswimmer to standby he should bring or book one. Sorry but swimming in the pool is save, swimming in the sea is dangerous and i would not do it without some floating tool. Let this people sign that they know sea is dangerous and swimming/snorkeling without guide is on own risc. can be done at the airport by arrival. Maybe this makes people bit more sensitive about what they are doing (common sense).

On 11/6/2019 at 2:24 PM, Wiesel said:

but swimming in the pool is save, (sic) swimming in the sea is dangerous and i would not do it without some floating tool. Let this people sign that they know sea is dangerous

But not dangerous for experienced swimmers that live in countries where swimming at a beach is prevalent. I cannot imagine swimming in the ocean in Russia is common.

Archived