Verasu Home Mate Bread Maker

GuyFawkes

If anyone is using the Homemate bread maker I would appreciate some advice on using it.

My question is: after the dough has been mixed and is ready for baking, do you leave the mixing paddles in place or remove them prior to baking?

Never used a bread maker before and I am unsure.

Thank you

28 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Then why have a bread machine?

If you are not making a loaf: let the motor do the work of kneading, form the dough into small rolls or the base of a pizza, then bake. Also: if your machine has a timer, dump in the ingredients before you go to bed, set the timer, and be awakened by the scent of raisins and cinnamon filling the house, all ready to pig out on: immediate breakfast. No brain required. Bathrobe and bunny slippers suggested. ????

Guy: if the box your machine came in had a manual, and if the manual is in a language you can read, and if the machine has flat vertical mixing blades, the manual may tell you that you can easily and safely pop them out after the mixing cycle, if you are nearby and awake at that time. Then the bottom of the loaf should be flat after baking. If you do not care that the loaf has two slots underneath, don't bother to take the blades out. A recipe with a weak crumb texture may tear apart and be difficult to slice around the two bottom slots. Try lots of recipes, it's part of the fun.

Archived