O/A visa and insurance experience today

6 minutes ago, flexomike said:

waiting to hear from anybody who came in on a re-entry permit from from an extension of stay from an Original OA visa 

of course we wait for reports..But logically that has to be safe, its a pre issued permission of stay. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

The TM28 hasn't been enforced for years, so why try to submit it? CM immigration is happy with the TM30.

I submit a TM28 at CM Immi. frequently and there's never a problem, I have never submitted a TM30.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

The problem is there is no chain of information.

The ''boss' of the local office meets his troop a morning

and says ''from today OA visa need insurance, have a nice day''

and that's all

There is a chain of command.

Cabinet resolution (2 April 2019)

----> Police Order 548/2562 Criteria

----> Immigration Bureau Order 300/2562 Documents

----> ----> Memorandum 0029.161-W 4603 dated 27.09.2019

----> ----> Memorandum 0029.161/545 dated 01.10.2019 - th.pdf (available only in Thai)

The immigration officials are at the receiving end of the memoranda and the senior ones probably also have the Police Order and the Immigration Bureau Order on file. The official at Suvarnabhumi airport (BKK) was working with  the memorandum 0029.161-W 4603. Can you see where he got it wrong?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Very interested to hear you were able to get this form signed for a foreign policy, can I ask which company?

I'm with @Sheryl on this one. I'm curious as to that was used for the "Authorized Signature" blank. And what country the company is in.

David

• Like 1

My cousin ,she is 84 ,is trying to get Visa from London

to visit at end of the month she has plane tickets already

she is going to stay for 2 months,and extend that for 30 days,

will that be an O-A visa ?? ?,she will already have UK insurance

cover.she has a neighbour trying to get the E Visa,but proving

very difficult,if they hit her with requiring to get Thai insurance,

she will never come again.

regards worgeordie

33 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

I'm 55 Sheryl so I'm expecting a good price, it's difficult looking on my phone I will investigate my options when I get computer access in Pattaya in 3 days.

i was planning permanent retirement here but I didn't anticipate this when I retired in May. I always thought that's what the 800,000 was for previously 

do I have any other options to live here permanently without insurance? Visa wise?”

What would you consider as a good price?  I am 56 and these are my choices for someone without any pre-existing conditions:

1.  35,000 Baht(400K/40K minimum limits)

2.  42,000 Baht(400K/40K minimum limits)

3.  46,000 Baht(400K/40K minimum limits)

Currently I have a 1 Million Baht Inpatient only policy for 13,000 Baht per year with renewals until I turn 70.  But my current insurance policy will not be accepted by Immigration.  Good luck on your search.  

So the average for this 55 year old with no pre existing conditions, for the 40/400 insurance is 40k baht ish.

Would anybody like to estimate what the cost of the insurance should actually be if it was priced in a free market and offered to locals as opposed to a falang market presumed to be captive?

I am trying to guess how many multiples of the fair value the insurance companies are selling it for?

Edited by uncleeagle
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Note that 400,000 inpatient cover, while it satisfies Immigration requirements, is completely insufficient for actual protection, a single hospitalization here after a severe accident or illness can reach 1 million baht in a government hospital and well over 3 million in a private hospital.

But premium affordability is IMHO an increasingly important consideration as we get older and are hit by significant age-related increases on top of the annual inflationary ones. That said, there are policies out there which both meet the OA visa requirements and appear to offer relatively reasonable (if not optimum) value-for-money (e.g. Pacific Cross's Standard Extra Plan - and, no, I'm not an advertising consultant for Pacific Cross!).

3 minutes ago, Ellis said:

Same has just happened to me. Non OA issued a few months ago, second time using it. Girl on immigration desk asked for insurance, I said it's a pre October visa so doesn't apply. Supervisor took me away, same conversation. A third supervisor came along and they were all confused so we ended up in the office where a higher level supervisor came in and basically said it applies to all Non OA's irrespective of date. At that stage I had no option but to either buy insurance online (on the spot) or take a 30 day stamp, which I did, in the hope I could later get it corrected in Bangkok. I'm at a loss about what to do now. 

Online insurance without a medical was available to buy "on the spot?" Which company? Would be interested in knowing for own use, if needed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

I'm 55 Sheryl so I'm expecting a good price, it's difficult looking on my phone I will investigate my options when I get computer access in Pattaya in 3 days.

i was planning permanent retirement here but I didn't anticipate this when I retired in May. I always thought that's what the 800,000 was for previously 

do I have any other options to live here permanently without insurance? Visa wise?”

What would you consider as a good price?  I am 56 and these are my choices for someone without any pre-existing conditions:

1.  35,000 Baht(400K/40K minimum limits)

2.  42,000 Baht(400K/40K minimum limits)

3.  46,000 Baht(400K/40K minimum limits)

Currently I have a 1 Million Baht Inpatient only policy for 13,000 Baht per year with renewals until I turn 70.  But my current insurance policy will not be accepted by Immigration.  Good luck on your search.  

Try Pacific Cross...with high deductibles of 100,000...200,000 300,000. The 300,000 brings down cost est 50%

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zydeco said:

Online insurance without a medical was available to buy "on the spot?" Which company? Would be interested in knowing for own use, if needed.

I didn't see what company, but she showed me two examples on her phone of people who'd bought it at the airport. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, flexomike said:

waiting to hear from anybody who came in on a re-entry permit from from an extension of stay from an Original OA visa 

Coming soon...I'm currently in Vietnam with 1 year multiple reentry permit based on O-A. Coming back 18th Nov via Don Mueang.

4 minutes ago, Ellis said:

Same has just happened to me. Non OA issued a few months ago, second time using it. Girl on immigration desk asked for insurance, I said it's a pre October visa so doesn't apply. Supervisor took me away, same conversation. A third supervisor came along and they were all confused so we ended up in the office where a higher level supervisor came in and basically said it applies to all Non OA's irrespective of date. At that stage I had no option but to either buy insurance online (on the spot) or take a 30 day stamp, which I did, in the hope I could later get it corrected in Bangkok. I'm at a loss about what to do now. 

Thanks for the report, and feel for you.

But first can you please clarify.

Are you saying that you entered Thailand a couple of months ago on your Non Imm OA Visa and were stamped in for 1 year permission to stay.  And that during that permission of stay you exited and now re-entered Thailand but were stopped because you had no thai approved health-insurance?  But that they let you in on Visa exempt (30 days).

At which Airport or land border crossing was this?

If possible please provide full details (expiry date of the OA Visa and stamped in permission to stay date after 1st entry).

Note: Will post possible options for you later explaining how you can handle this unfortunate happening so that you can stay in Thailand as you intended.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, uncleeagle said:

So the average for this 55 year old with no pre existing conditions, for the 40/400 insurance is 40k baht ish.

Would anybody like to estimate what the cost of the insurance should actually be if it was priced in a free market and offered to locals as opposed to a falang market presumed to be captive?

I am trying to guess how many multiples of the fair value the insurance companies are selling it for?

Like other posters have said,the coverage 400k/40k is useless if you get real sick or injured. If you have let's say an O Visa with 1 year extensions, then the costs for health insurances drops a lot. Better coverage etc etc. 

25 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

My cousin ,she is 84 ,is trying to get Visa from London

to visit at end of the month she has plane tickets already

she is going to stay for 2 months,and extend that for 30 days,

will that be an O-A visa ?? ?,she will already have UK insurance

cover.she has a neighbour trying to get the E Visa,but proving

very difficult,if they hit her with requiring to get Thai insurance,

she will never come again.

regards worgeordie

If she goes on line it has a list of available visas, I previously had a non-immigrant O valid for 90 days but I think I got it being married to a Thai though it suits her situation 

• Thanks 1