O/A visa and insurance experience today

1 hour ago, RatchanonWS said:

My cousin ,she is 84 ,is trying to get Visa from London to visit at end of the month she has plane tickets already

she is going to stay for 2 months,and extend that for 30 days, หลักการแทงมวยระดับมืออาชืพ

หลักการแทงมวยออนไลน์ที่ดีที่สุด 2020

will that be an O-A visa ?? ?,she will already have UK insurance cover.she has a neighbour trying to get the E Visa,but proving very difficult,if they hit her with requiring to get Thai insurance, she will never come again. regards worgeordie 

หลักการแทงมวยแบบเด็ดๆ

Best option would be for her to apply for a 60-day Single-Entry Tourist Visa (which can be extended in-country for another 60 days).

The on-line Visa application process has made it very difficult for UK citizens applying for Visa to Thailand.  But there are numerous threads on the Forum, dealing with the issues you might encounter (issues mainly of a practical nature, like pass-photo size being rejected when not exactly in the website required format).

If all else fails, she can also simply enter Thailand VisaExempt which will provide her with 30 days, which can be extended for another 30 days at any IO.  If she wants to stay longer she will then have to do a 'border-run' to get an additional VisaExempt entry.  Note: Such a border-run can of course be combined with a visit to a neighboring country, e.g. visiting Angkor Wat in Cambodia or Luang Prabang in Laos.

Also please note than when entering VisaExempt she would need an onward flight ticket within the 30 days of her arrival, but you buy on-line cheap one-way 'throw-away' tickets to international destinations for around 1.000 THB, so hardly an issue.

12 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Best option would be for her to apply for a 60-day Single-Entry Tourist Visa (which can be extended in-country for another 60 days).

Just to correct your typo error so as not to confuse @RatchanonWS

The 60 day Tourist visa entry can be extended by 30 days (not 60) giving a total stay of 90 days.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Peter Denis said:

Also please note than when entering VisaExempt she would need an onward flight ticket within the 30 days of her arrival, but you buy on-line cheap one-way 'throw-away' tickets to international destinations for around 1.000 THB, so hardly an issue.

A number of frequent visitors have told me an onward flight ticket within 30 days is not necessarily required by the airlines to board without a Visa.

They are fully aware those entering Visa exempt can extend for another 30 days, so a return ticket dated 45,50 or 60 days from the entry date is fully acceptable.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, RatchanonWS said:

My cousin ,she is 84 ,is trying to get Visa from London to visit at end of the month she has plane tickets already

she is going to stay for 2 months,and extend that for 30 days, หลักการแทงมวยระดับมืออาชืพ

หลักการแทงมวยออนไลน์ที่ดีที่สุด 2020

will that be an O-A visa ?? ?,she will already have UK insurance cover.she has a neighbour trying to get the E Visa,but proving very difficult,if they hit her with requiring to get Thai insurance, she will never come again. regards worgeordie 

หลักการแทงมวยแบบเด็ดๆ

If your cousin receives state pension and has her DWP Pension letter, apply for a non-O single entry which will give her 90days entry. It is probably simpler to go to one of the consulates (though the weather is pretty bad for travelling just now), if having trouble populating the e-visa software.

I think travel insurance is about £430 for 60 days so maybe £550 plus for 90 days?? (The middle of the 3 options from where Dad gets his)

Edited by UKresonant

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

A number of frequent visitors have told me an onward flight ticket within 30 days is not necessarily required by the airlines to board without a Visa.

They are fully aware those entering Visa exempt can extend for another 30 days, so a return ticket dated 45,50 or 60 days from the entry date is fully acceptable.

Thanks for the info.  And yes, that sounds very logical and reasonable.

My own experience is that I was once (3 years ago) questioned on boarding as my return-ticket was 34 days later.

But I pleaded that it would only mean 3-4 days overstay (bad argument of course), but they let me board.

I didn't mention the possibility to extend the VE entry with another 30 days once in country, but indeed I could  have done that when they would not have bought my initial response.

When even that wouldn't fly, there is of course still the option to buy a cheap 1-way onward 'throw away' ticket on the spot.

• Like 1