Mayor from controversial family paints rosy picture of Bang Saen beach

webfact

Mayor from controversial family paints rosy picture of Bang Saen beach

8pm.jpg

The mayor of Saen Suk district has implored tourists to come and visit his "clear and clean" and beautiful beach at Bang Saen in Chonburi. 

Mayor Narongchai Khunpluem said that everything is wonderful and that "Bang Saen is back - what you have all been waiting for. Crystal clear water, cool and you can see the fish. Come and visit".

77kaoded also posted in English: "Can't wait to be here! Bangsaen beach at winter time. Please come. We have only three months to enjoy clear and clear ocean". 

Pictures accompanied the report that was headlined "Wooowwww This is Bang Saen".

The mayor is part of the infamous "Khunpluem" clan. His relative Somchai Khunpluem who died earlier this year was known as Kamnan Poh or the "Godfather of Chonburi". 

He was a previous mayor of Saen Suk who was once indicted for murder through hired assassins. 

Another relative is the current mayor of Pattaya appointed by the military junta last year. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-06

2 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Isn,t another relative (son) the Minister of Tourism for Thailand based in Bangkok ?

I think you are referring to Ittipol Khunpluem

He is the Ex Mayor of Pattaya, and was appointed Cultural Minister ( I think )

And yes ! hes another of the Clan

13 hours ago, kinyara said:

It's amazing that the ex-Pattaya mayor got surprisingly beaten in the national election and still ends up Minister for Culture.

He couldn't be given a peerage, nor seat at the European Parliament!

17 minutes ago, essox essox said:

just what I thought.....I have NEVER seen any rocks at Bang Saen..... probably photoshopped???

The rocks are at the northern end, towards where bangsean walking street is.

image.png.a46125ba6ba9cc9dc0a0fad91935e500.png

43 minutes ago, essox essox said:

just what I thought.....I have NEVER seen any rocks at Bang Saen..... probably photoshopped???

The rocks are at the Northern end, next to the walkway and the jetty.  The water is much clearer at this end as the sand isn't stirred up by the waves.

2019-11-08_09-20-28.thumb.jpg.fe1a7d233348c477063b482d5badeca0.jpg

2019-11-08_09-11-13.thumb.jpg.dc0758aa9477b9732a10ebe62ff6649a.jpg

6 hours ago, Fred white said:

So he's posting fake news where's the fake news investigators

The photo shows the north end of the beach where the concrete walkway starts.  Not fake - just have to pick a calm day as the tide turns to see it like that.

Archived