Converting Non OA to Non O Visa

34 minutes ago, yamadajr said:

Regarding the visa exempt entry at DMK, do you think she should be ok in this situation if we choose this route?  Thank you.

Ubonjoe - Do you think the visa exempt entry at DMK should be ok since she has no prior recent "tourist" history? Thanks.

Edited by yamadajr

My experience was different. When I applied in NZ a bit over a year ago I did have to show funds in the bank. In any case, I can't see a connection between visa requirements and insurance requirement for extensions. I am certain that at some point in the not too distant future O and O-A extensions will require insurance. It doesn't make sense any other way.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, beddhist said:

My experience was different. When I applied in NZ a bit over a year ago I did have to show funds in the bank. In any case, I can't see a connection between visa requirements and insurance requirement for extensions. I am certain that at some point in the not too distant future O and O-A extensions will require insurance. It doesn't make sense any other way.

If you are referring to an O-A in NZ, you would have had to show funds in a NZ bank which you could spend immediately after the visa was issued.  Which means that you could live in Thailand for nearly 2 years without having any funds to cover medical emergencies.  Why an extension of stay on an O-A or an O has different insurance requirements is a mystery. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, Janamin said:

Can I convert my O-A to non-O visa at immigration office in Bangkok 

Hi Janamin,

I just PM-ed you a comprehensive Roadmap containing all details/options to convert to a Non Imm O - retirement Visa.

To access your PM-message just click the letter-icon next to your Profile when logged in to the Forum.

• Like 1