Savannakhet non o based on marriage.

3 minutes ago, Khun Dave said:

Hi All,

correct me if I’m wrong now but you can longer get a 1 year multiple non o visa in Savanakhet. They have a new boss there now and I have been told by a very good source that works there that you can only get a 90 day tourist visa there for 5,000 thb. I am frustrated by this a I have always gone to this consulate for the last 4 years with all my genuine certification and documents and obtained the visa. Not sure why they have again changed the rules, maybe they want people to obtain the elite visa for a minimum 500,000 thb!

Please be SPECIFIC here.

Have you been getting a 1-year, multi-entry Non-O visa BASED ON MARRIAGE TO A THAI NATIONAL for the past 4 years?

Edited by NanLaew

4 minutes ago, Khun Dave said:

Hi All,

correct me if I’m wrong now but you can longer get a 1 year multiple non o visa in Savanakhet. They have a new boss there now and I have been told by a very good source that works there that you can only get a 90 day tourist visa there for 5,000 thb. I am frustrated by this a I have always gone to this consulate for the last 4 years with all my genuine certification and documents and obtained the visa. Not sure why they have again changed the rules, maybe they want people to obtain the elite visa for a minimum 500,000 thb!

I don't think this is true.  Last week Toosetinmyways received an Non O according to the posting.  And I find it hard to believe 5,000 baht for a 90 day tourist visa.  But, guess I will find out Tuesday.  LOL

2 hours ago, kurtmartens said:

I don't think this is true.  Last week Toosetinmyways received an Non O according to the posting.  And I find it hard to believe 5,000 baht for a 90 day tourist visa.  But, guess I will find out Tuesday.  LOL

I agree with you Kurt, this sounds like utter claptrap.... Visa agents like to spread fear and disinfo and probably told this person thinking he was single..not married

Edited by richiejom

2 hours ago, Khun Dave said:

Hi All,

Well I Reckon you're Very Good Source is Very WRONG.....

3 hours ago, kurtmartens said:

That's an opinion.  What you said about NEEDING a Laos SIM simply wasn't true.

Yeah It's MY Opinion.....Because MY Phone has NEVER Worked in Laos,Even when I Cross the Friendship Bridge in Nong Khai,As Soon as I Get off the bus on The Laos Side IT Immediately goes Onto LAO TELECOM !!!

Just MY OPINION !!

3 hours ago, kurtmartens said:

It's a first poster:whistling:

Edited by Will27

On 11/6/2019 at 6:22 PM, Number 6 said:

Sign in blue ink

Copy first page passport signed.

TM7 - know your last entry date into Thailand??

Original and updated KR 2

Affidavit freedom to marry. Because why not?

If your wife has done a name change. Differs from house book. You need that certificate perhaps. You will making an extension.

If you do have the 400k. Update the book, make a copy. Bring the book. Can't hurt.

Good luck

sorry to ask , what is KR2 ?  thanks you 

12 minutes ago, patrick1968 said:

sorry to ask , what is KR2 ?  thanks you 

It's the proof of marriage you can get at the Amphurs Office. Provided it's on the computer, any Amphur will do. Costs about 20 Baht. If you divorce or your other half dies that file is no longer accessible. You need to get a copy stamped every time you get the visa, 1 month old at most I believe.

Edited by Mosha
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mosha said:

It's the proof of marriage you can get at the Amphurs Office. Provided it's on the computer, any Amphur will do. Costs about 20 Baht. If you divorce or your other half dies that file is no longer accessible. You need to get a copy stamped every time you get the visa, 1 month old at most I believe.

thank you 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Yeah It's MY Opinion.....Because MY Phone has NEVER Worked in Laos,Even when I Cross the Friendship Bridge in Nong Khai,As Soon as I Get off the bus on The Laos Side IT Immediately goes Onto LAO TELECOM !!!

Just MY OPINION !!

well just came back from Savanakhet  6th November doing non o multi based on marriage, last year my phone worked inside Laos and at hotel Avalon not real good but ok to talk to twins but this year as soon as I got over the border into Laos no service any where and I tried many places so something has happened.

just a couple of things same paperwork as last year (a listed above nothing extra) queue on Tuesday about 15 people at 9.45, all ok got visa next day, but 3 people did have problems but I could not find out why, Please remember to double check your US$ as had problems when obtaining Laos vis on arrival as they were older type but after talking to male boss they accepted them and then at Hotel they totally refused the dollars. just make sure they nice and new and crispy (u can wash and iron them to make them look good check google)

I do have one question if someone can help. on my thai visa last year it stated "Enter before 13 Aug 2019" which gave me extra 3months when I done border run on 11 Aug, this year it states "Valid until 04 Nov 2020" will I still be able to do border run if I leave say 3rd Nov 2020???????? and get extra 3mths Thanks

Also just to confirm Please use blue ink on signing all required paperwork

cheers

13 minutes ago, dutchdog3000 said:

"Enter before 13 Aug 2019" which gave me extra 3months when I done border run on 11 Aug, this year it states "Valid until 04 Nov 2020" will I still be able to do border run if I leave say 3rd Nov 2020???????? and get extra 3mths Thanks

Yes works the same - just changed that misleading "before" word as was actually until end of that day not the day before. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

Only in HCMC I Believe !!

I had such a letter in my folder (for non o multi on 5th November at Savanakhet) but was not asked for it. re letter from wife asking me to come visit her and twins

Edited by dutchdog3000
missed the last sentence

On 11/7/2019 at 10:58 AM, Pure Guava said:

This was true about 10 years ago but my phone w/ Thai Sim card worked along with the exorbitant roaming data charges but it worked. Best to get a local Lao Sim card unless you are an idiot like me who thinks "How expensive could it be to turn on data just for a few minutes?"...

I used an internet place to make calls, very cheap.

7 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

I used an internet place to make calls, very cheap.

I expect if one could find a free Wi-Fi network that could be done too. But I can empathize with Pure Guava, I once ate up all my credit in moments by putting  my Thai SIM into a spare phone while in the UK and turning data on. 

Edited by jacko45k

Just got back myself this past week from Savannakhet with a fresh new multiple Non O visa, same easy procedure as previous years went on a Tuesday, 20-25 people by 10:am. I did notice that they were scrutinizing and giving people a much harder time then one year ago since I was there for those who are applying tourist visa and some Non O applicants as there was a older Japanese guy in front of me that was holding the line up for twenty minutes who was applying for a multiple Non O visa based on marriage to a Thai. He was getting grilled with questions as they did not give him the visa because he was retired and they wanted to see a letter from his embassy that he was retired?.

He pleaded with them showing them the Thai marriage cert and the rest of the required documents, he has a daughter with his wife and had the certificate. They wanted to see his bank book which he showed them but at the end they couldint do much to help him without that letter from his embassy. So he left and it was my turn thinking <deleted> did they change the rules all of a sudden. Nope same as before the lady at the desk glanced at the copied documents and the origanil marriage cert, asked for 5,000 bht and handed me a ticket to pick up visa next day. All less then a minute so dont know maybe they are just picking certain nationalities who are retired and giving them a hard time asking them for that embassy document.

14 minutes ago, kurtmartens said:

Does anyone remember what time we can pickup the passport?  I know its the next day.

From their website.

"09.00 Hrs. - 11.00 Hrs. : Application for Visa
14.00 Hrs. - 16.30 Hrs. : Distribution of Passports Affixed with Appropriate Visa"

Next time I'll cross over straight away. Stayed at a GH near the bridge before, but the boss wasn't happy when he saw I'd already checked in.

An Italian wanting a month was turned away, and only 3 rooms are occupied. Sopha was told it was due to problems with immigration.

Well that was a record for me. 2 minutes at the window. 2 piles of documents, no questions. He just reached out for the 5K Baht. I could be in my own bed Friday morning. The queue was only half way down to the road.