Savannakhet non o based on marriage.

I forgot to add an Interesting experience with Thai Immigration leaving this week via Friendship Bridge 2.  I needed to get a new passport last week (US) and as I have done on numerous times (both in Thailand and other countries) I paper-clipped the old passport with the new passport.  Well ... let me tell you, this set off a string of conversations at Thai Immigration.  Telling me I had to transfer the visa (which wasn't even a visa since I am visa exempt) to the new passport, why I didn't do this, etc, etc.  

Of course, instead of arguing and saying that I have never had to do this is all the years of coming and going in Thailand i just stood there and let them talk.  Then they stamped me out and hand wrote on the exit stamp that the entrance stamp was in my cancelled visa, etc,  and told me not to use my cancelled passport anymore (duh!).

My only thoughts were the Immigration folks at the land crossings aren't as informed as the guys at the airports or ... they were just looking for an excuse to be annoying.  Who knows.  End of the day it all worked out, but was the first time I ever felt frustrated by the Immigration folks.

21 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

Does anyone happen to know if you can purchase a Laos sim card at the border?

I didn't see a shop "near" the border, I did see a phone shop by the bus station and our hotel.  But, as others have said Thai SIMs work.  My True SIM worked just fine and was 350 Baht per day for data roaming.  

On 11/6/2019 at 6:22 PM, Number 6 said:

Sign in blue ink

Copy first page passport signed.

TM7 - know your last entry date into Thailand??

Original and updated KR 2

Affidavit freedom to marry. Because why not?

If your wife has done a name change. Differs from house book. You need that certificate perhaps. You will making an extension.

If you do have the 400k. Update the book, make a copy. Bring the book. Can't hurt.

Good luck

Why if you don't know just keep your hands in your pockets? Seriously.