BANGKOK
snoop1130

American fugitive Bart Allen Helmus dies after shooting himself moments before arrest by Thai police

Thats very thoughtful of Helmus to do himself away with & save Thai society from spending further money on his incarceration & pending death sentence. Too bad he was such a bad shot at fatally shooting his lovely wife first.

50 minutes ago, metempsychotic said:

Yeah, reading can be hard.

Glad you felt comfortable commenting anyways

Yes I did, thanks 

5 minutes ago, TumblinDice said:

Thats very thoughtful of Helmus to do himself away with & save Thai society from spending further money on his incarceration & pending death sentence. Too bad he was such a bad shot at fatally shooting his lovely wife first.

Where on earth did you get he fatally shot his wife?

Do some people just not read at all or unable to read?

• Confused 2

7 minutes ago, simon43 said:

The fact that so many seem to be defending this man (Bart) is a little worrying to me.....

I'm not defending him.  He should have been snuffed long ago.  Just wondered how he got to where he did, which is out of control.  I lived around the same stomping grounds as he did for awhile, I think.  Maybe just a bad-to-the-bone kid.  Happens all too often.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BestB said:

most likely 25 to life, and can not pay off police once matter is in court,

I guess you just arrived yesterday. You can still pay off the judge for a pardon Thais tell me. The Australian Viet Vet who shot the American dead in Chiang Mai bar was out within 12 months. 

14 minutes ago, Langkawee said:

Better to be Chinese than farang that's for sure. Has anyone ever studied and researched this phenomenon of how divisive the farang expat community in Thailand is to their detriment. Chinese and Japanese citizens are very well looked after because they show solidarity when their citizens are scammed or murdered. My only guess is Thais no farang are pathetic bufallo and any crime against them is easy. They know that's not possible with Chinese or Japanese tourists or expats. So farang must get used to being victims and long jail sentences. In such a corrupt country with open contempt for farang it is mind boggling how readily Thai Visa members accuse farang in Thailand of crimes they never did. Astounding really. Low IQ I can only assume of many expats in Thailand. 

You make some good points... divisive, lack of solidarity ...  Perhaps because farangs are a multitude of countries and cultures?  Most lack a home country with a billion people or even 100 million. Just one of those things. 

Watching news last night I'd like to know was he and his wife imprisoned in the same cell since july, if not why is she 2months pregnant?

16 minutes ago, Farmerkev said:

Watching news last night I'd like to know was he and his wife imprisoned in the same cell since july, if not why is she 2months pregnant?

Yes, who banged her is the most important aspect of this story

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He was looking at the death penalty or life in prison according to a few news articles for the 1kg of drugs, so anyway you look at this he was dead one way or another. Cant blame him for the brazen escape and taking his own life instead rotting in a Thai prison.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1