BANGKOK
snoop1130

American fugitive Bart Allen Helmus dies after shooting himself moments before arrest by Thai police

12 hours ago, BestB said:

Like him or not, but turns out he was the only one with balls.

May have been a hardcore criminal but may also have been a decent man to save her from life in jail.

What sort of twisted logic is this? A low life American drug trafficker is dead. The world can rejoice.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

It was Ya ice, or Crystals speed. Almost one kg. 

Ok I was wrong. Not a nice round number. 

30 minutes ago, varun said:

1.0000 kg = 1 kg - adding 0's after a decimal point doesn't really add anything.

Doesn't -- add --- anything 555 very cute sarcasm, who knows

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

During their escape Helmus stabbed a court guard while Nilthes, who was armed with a gun, forced other guards to hand over the keys to their ankle chains

I suspect Nilthes is going to go back to jail for a very long time after his escapades with a gun, just what he didn't want to do as he said he couldn't face jail another time... 

The wife is going to face some jail time too, nice start for the baby!

As for Helmus.. well what a waste of a life, he made his own decision where he was going to end up.

Edited by hotchilli

Soooo yesterday he was injured but arrested but today's story is he died at the scene yesterday also. Ok gotcha. 

12 hours ago, BestB said:

He first shot her and then himself, her injuries are minor, she is also pregnant and baby unharmed.

So perhaps shooting her was a plan to get her off as i explained earlier

I love tinfoil hat land.

3 hours ago, Langkawee said:

Better to be Chinese than farang that's for sure. Has anyone ever studied and researched this phenomenon of how divisive the farang expat community in Thailand is to their detriment. Chinese and Japanese citizens are very well looked after because they show solidarity when their citizens are scammed, jailed, unjustly accused of crimes or murdered. They are well aware of the reality of such accusations. My only guess is Thais know farang are pathetic bufallo and any crime against them is easy. They know that's not possible with Chinese or Japanese tourists or expats. So farang must get used to being victims and long jail sentences for crimes never committed and their entire wealth disappearing. In such a corrupt country with open contempt for farang it is mind boggling how readily Thai Visa members accuse farang in Thailand of crimes they never did. Astounding really. Low IQ I can only assume of many expats in Thailand. or is it the pressing need to be delusional, to wear rose tinted glasses, to pretend everything is above board in Thailand and everything is squeaky clean 555? A most unusual phenomenon. 

Some very good points

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Did I see a cop come out of the office on the left, see what was going on and run back into the office? You know, then come back out after the criminals had left. 

Off topic posts and replies removed

59 minutes ago, simtemple said:

What sort of twisted logic is this? A low life American drug trafficker is dead. The world can rejoice.

Do tell how his existence affected you personally ?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cereal said:

Did I see a cop come out of the office on the left, see what was going on and run back into the office? You know, then come back out after the criminals had left. 

Maybe a stash of donuts in the office, easy to get distracted.

13 hours ago, notasmartassknowitallfarag said:

I’m sure he could have paid the police off to get a lower sentence.

Not if he was dealing in their turf.

The reason I say that is because I know of a Thai guy who was dealing, small time in an area that is strictly a police area for dealing drugs in, i.e. they have their people dealing for them, suffice to say, he starting dealing in their area, thought he was smart, was set up with 1,200 yabba dabba doo pills and then shipped off, no money/bribe/offers, just straight off, now out of the way for at least a decade and it's back to business for the local cops.

Welcome to Thailand, anything's possible here.

1 hour ago, simtemple said:

If it was close to 1kg he probably sold none, so he probably  was not a trafficker, a wanna be trafficker perhaps, or a heavy user. Possibly a set up. Sell and arrest. That's entrapment in some countries. At least he had a Thai Visa trial 555

Edited by Langkawee
  • Haha 1