Is it truly game over for the medium range condo market in farang tourist areas (Bangkok excepted). 

On 11/20/2019 at 8:36 PM, ChasingTheSun said:

It’s usually the expats that are barely scraping by that complain the most about living in Thailand.

At some stage in their retirement almost everyone is 'barely scraping by'.

It's just a matter of living long enough, and getting sick enough.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

At some stage in their retirement almost everyone is 'barely scraping by'.

It's just a matter of living long enough, and getting sick enough.

I always laugh at the guys that think they are high rollers when the only thing they are trying to impress is a single mother farm girl . 

On 11/7/2019 at 6:46 PM, Senechal said:

This has always been the case in Thailand. Nothing is maintained. Building longevity is terrible.  In my experience, the lack of proper maintenance doesn't really show up in earnest until the 15 year mark and then things tend to fall apart fast.

Would agree with that. I sold mine at just before the 15 yrs mark.

This was in a building with pretty good management and upkeep. Although services and cleanliness was great (as well as pool , lift, common facilities maintenance) and I kept my unit well maintained and pristine; the outside of the building was way overdue for some TLC. Presumably the extra whack of fees for each occupant was going to be a problem. With that in mind as well as the glut in the market I sold it. Niche Uni student market , so pretty easy to sell.

I have said before that i have been in  dozens of condo blocks in Pattaya ,there are very very few where i would want to rent ,much less buy ,bad workmanship ,Chinese in them(a nightmare), some of the older blocks are nice ,also we have friends living in an older block which is very nice ,mind you ,it cost a bloomin fortune .and is massive . as for the shoeboxes that some people call a condo ,where much less swing a cat ,you couldnt swing a mouse ,it must be rough to have to actually live in one .some are smaller than the bedroom in our house .

and yes i do believe there is an oversupply , 

On 11/7/2019 at 1:33 PM, beautifulthailand99 said:

All wise words as regards new build it is relentless and I have visited a friend of the missus in a tower block at the back of Jomtien near Suk. Road. 5 floors are designated condotel but it doesn't stop other rooms being rented out. Opposite is a huge Chinese food area and the coaches keep turning up spewing hordes into the place. The balconies have a glass barrier and you would only go out on them if you had a nerve which I don't. And the baht buses don't go down the soi so it's a long trek or a pirate taxi driver to get anywhere. 

As for older projects you get a better feel for what you have - we are in View Talay 2 which is great at the moment - but what happens if the market dies for sale and rent there is the cloud hanging over our thoughts. We will probably sit on her hands for the 3 month over-winter and see what happens. 

Sure you,'ll be alright buying your gaff off status quo,Francis Rossi is a good bloke and would,nt stitch you up.

On 11/7/2019 at 12:39 PM, Lacessit said:

I think it is. The farang buyers are shrinking, and the developers keep building. Classic oversupply. Definitely a renter's market outside of Bangkok.

I was having lunch at Charin Garden today, a popular food spot in Mae Suai for tourists and Thais alike. Normally packed to the rafters with customers, it was about two-thirds empty. High season in Chiang Rai feels like low season.

I,m not surprised market for housing is going down the gurgler too many low life losers. Seeking a new life in the los.

Stuff is selling if priced correctly ,  here you have a nice 41 sqm studio, high floor Jomtien side priced at 1.35 and if the Baht sold listing is to be believed, and I've got no reason to doubt it it was on that market for just 3 days at that price ! Foreign ownership to boot as well . Now if you look at he multitude of listings on thailand-property and other aggregation sites most similar units will be priced 1.5 and up. So the owner has waited for the high season to drum up buyers and priced it to sell. 

https://www.bahtsold.com/view/great-investment-studio-for-sale-at-view-talay-2a-379410

https://www.coastalrealestatepattaya.com/en-gb/realestate/jomtienna-jomtien/condo/cre-c012600

5 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

Stuff is selling if priced correctly ,  here you have a nice 41 sqm studio, high floor Jomtien side priced at 1.35 and if the Baht sold listing is to be believed, and I've got no reason to doubt it it was on that market for just 3 days at that price ! Foreign ownership to boot as well . Now if you look at he multitude of listings on thailand-property and other aggregation sites most similar units will be priced 1.5 and up. So the owner has waited for the high season to drum up buyers and priced it to sell. 

https://www.bahtsold.com/view/great-investment-studio-for-sale-at-view-talay-2a-379410

https://www.coastalrealestatepattaya.com/en-gb/realestate/jomtienna-jomtien/condo/cre-c012600

i would totally ignore ddproperty and hipflat listings.

Just take your time once, pick one condo, let your thai gf/friend/wife phone all agents.

in 99% of cases they never heard of the listing, they tell you its gone or with another agency and try to sell you other <deleted>.

There's a reason most use the same pictures, because they are fake for whatever reasons. Only listings that have original owner made photos are worth even calling for from my experience.

Archived