Nearly seventeen years on the run - but Thai police snare man for attempted murder

webfact

Nearly seventeen years on the run - but Thai police snare man for attempted murder

3pm.jpg

Thai caption: 17 years but didn't get away

Thai police have arrested a man nearly 17 years after he attempted to murder another man in an argument over a woman in a karaoke lounge in Surat Thani. 

Back on January 3rd 2003 Jerawit Phankhao or "Oot", now 37, from Phangnga went into the Nong Ae karaoke lounge in Phanom district. 

Another group at a nearby table were sitting with a karaoke waitress. Two hours into the visit an argument developed between Jerawit and a man called Samart, 42. 

Jerawit and his friends decided to pay the bill and leave but on the way out Jerawit produced a ten centimeter flick knife and stabbed Samart twice in the right shoulder from behind. 

He was taken to hospital by his friends and survived the attack. 

On Monday Jerawit was finally taken into custody in the Nong Khaem district of Bangkok on a warrant issued for attempted murder. 

He admitted he was the person named in the warrant and was taken back to Surat Thani. 

Source: Sanook 

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-07

7 hours ago, impulse said:

So how does this guy get banged up after 17 years, while the RedBull heir seems to be sitting out a 5-10 year statute of limitations before he can come back to Thailand?

Because this man was in Thailand and wanted for attempted murder where the RTP have jurisdiction.  Vorayuth isn't wanted for attempted murder and isn't in Thailand.

Until the Thai Hi So's and people like Taksin get their long due justice, I will

consider Thailand to be a 3rd world country.  I am just happy to holiday there

and visit with my Thai family. I could never let myself live in Thailand year

round.

Geezer

15 hours ago, 4675636b596f75 said:

Why do they always admit to crimes here?

Because when the game's up and the scumbags are in the cul-de-sac, the only option to get off more lightly is to admit it and get sentence reduced by 50%. To me, it's totally lame to allow these worms to wriggle off half their sentence but it fits in with the police farce as they they don't really have to investigate much and makes them look good as they have their man with the least effort.

Archived