Bad guy foreigners fall foul of biometrics: Immigration announces another six arrests

webfact

Bad guy foreigners fall foul of biometrics: Immigration announces another six arrests

4pm.jpg
Picture: Naew Na

Naew Na reported on another press conference at immigration HQ in Bangkok on Wednesday when biometrics was praised for bringing more law breaking foreigners to book. 

Presenting the arrests on this occasion was deputy chief Itthiphon Itthisanronchai. The four separate cases centered on arrests made at Bangkok's main airport, Suvarnabhumi. 

There were a lot of vinyl boards on show despite chief Lt-Gen Sompong "Big Oud" Chingduang not being present on this occasion. 

Case 1: On 8th October two Chinese people presented passports at check-in with what looked to staff like fake Canadian visas. They were on their way to Toronto.

Immigration were called but before they arrived the Chinese people fled the airport in a taxi leaving their passports at check-in. 

CCTV allowed the immigration police to trace them to a hotel in the downtown area of Soi Rang Nam near Victory Monument. 

4pm1.jpg

They admitted buying the fake visas on We Chat for 2,000 Yuan (about 10,000 baht) while in China before coming to Thailand. 

Case 2: On October 17th a 57 year old man (whose real name and surname immigration don't know) arrived in Thailand on a South African passport that the biometrics system determined as fake. 

The man - confirmed as a South African - said he had been living in Kuwait and lost his passport. Difficulties in getting a new one led him to paying 140,000 baht in Kuwaiti dinars to an agent for a replacement. 

Case 3: On October 20th a Chinese looking man was stopped at the Visa on Arrival desk after the biometrics system suggested his passport, issued in Taiwan, was fake. 

110054.jpg

He admitted paying a Taiwanese agent 1,000 Yuan (about 5,000 baht) for the fake. 

Case 4: An Indian man and wife were stopped trying to leave Suvarnabhumi. Biometrics discovered they had no record of entry into Thailand. 

Stamps in their passports supposedly issued in Sungei Kolok (on the Thai Malaysian border) were found to be fake. 

The couple said that they had been working illegally as cleaners at a hotel in Malaysia for two years. Their child back home had fallen sick and they decided to leave. 

They said that their employer arranged transport and an exit stamp from Malaysia and an entry stamp into Thailand for them. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-07

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, webfact said:

On October 17th a 57 year old man (whose real name and surname immigration don't know)

On October 20th a Chinese looking man

the Chinese people fled the airport in a taxi

Quite the system, isn't it!

2 hours ago, webfact said:

There were a lot of vinyl boards on show despite chief Lt-Gen Sompong "Big Oud" Chingduang not being present on this occasion. 

Probably he become allergic to all this vinyl boards the poor guy... and can blame him...

38 minutes ago, Misterwhisper said:

There ought to be an entire immigration police unit that does nothing else but producing fanciful display diagrams round the clock in order to furnish the almost daily press conferences Big Oud et al are holding.

What do you think Big Joke is doing?  Exactly that! 

Thailand could learn from Europe . If you say you are a refugee you don't need anything at all to enter Europe. They even bring you there by ship and give you free accommodation, food, money, health care, education and... And if you find out that you don't like it they will fly you back home for free. ????

22 minutes ago, Beggar said:

Thailand could learn from Europe . If you say you are a refugee you don't need anything at all to enter Europe. They even bring you there by ship and give you free accommodation, food, money, health care, education and... And if you find out that you don't like it they will fly you back home for free. ????

The Thai government is not as stupid as it seems

My friend just returned told me about fingerprints all 10 of them at swampty. As well as face recognition.they have u covered everywhere now.also because his visa is a old retirement type he does not need compulsory  medical insurance.he was happy with that one.big brother is there now in thailand

2 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

There ought to be an entire immigration police unit that does nothing else but producing fanciful display diagrams round the clock in order to furnish the almost daily press conferences Big Oud et al are holding.

There goes the BIB budget for next 2 years.

Meanwhile HISO Thais such as fake monks, Yinluck and Red Bull carry on regardless.

5 hours ago, Dcheech said:

Chinese, Indian and South Africans. to put a name on them. Now how do they say it.

"Bad guy foreigners Out"

I wonder when, or if, the realisation will set in that this bragging about "bad foreigners" will be very bad for tourism?

News about these "razzias" is starting to filter down in the foreign press.

The idea of Thailand becoming an anti-foreigner police state is slowly taking shape.

2 hours ago, Beggar said:

Beggar's belief.

Not mine.

Rooster

Does anyone else realize how insignificant these numbers are. Only 2 trying to enter Thailand and 4 trying to leave...so who cares! And all of this over a 30 day period out of 40 million tourist per year visiting the Kingdom. All the man hours, the colorful expensive display boards and the hundreds of millions of baht for all the latest technology, and this is the best they can do. What a joke!

6 hours ago, unamazedloso said:

how many thais? my wife and kids dont need to do biometrics and i just do a right hand check ever since doing once of both hands and thumbs... 

I don't know if you were checking in or out, but last month my Thai wife, all of our Thai kids and myself had to do the hands and eye scan, much to my surprise, as I we have never done this before and was wondering if I had a choice, too late now.

The above said, when we returned to Phuket, again the same applied.

Odd;y enough we didn't have to do this in our home country Australia, suffice to say, so much for privacy rights in Thailand....

Archived