Wing 41 Passes now open

jonwilly

They've streamlined the process nicely.

Bring a copy of your Thai driving license, passport photo page, and copy of vehicle registration page, pay 5 baht for the application form, fill it out in 20 seconds, turn it in with 100 baht, and walk out with your pick-up slip for sometime between January and February.  The lines move very quickly. I was in and out in less than 15 minutes.

2 hours ago, Trujillo said:

Can you get one for the car and one for a bike at the same time? 

No, impossible.  No country in the world permits such a thing.  How can you even ask?

you must apply for the car this week and the motorcycle the following week but be sure it is the same day and time

7 hours ago, Trujillo said:

Can you get one for the car and one for a bike at the same time? 

I think the previous question was how long is the application process open, not the pick up. 

Yes, you can. I saw people with stacks of applications, probably doing it for everyone in their office or a fleet of vehicles.  The only difference between the bike and car application is where the information goes that you put on the form. Automobile on the left, Bike on the right. Both  ask for Make, color, and plate number.

My guess is that the process is open as long as the forms are being given out. To my recollection, that is the month of November.  The pick-up isn't until January and February. I believe last year my pick-up date was in March.

• 3 weeks later...

I might be wrong, my Thai is not that good, but it seems that the 27th November is the last day for applications - that is this Thursday.

Seems very early, normally applications close end of December. Also a close on Thursday seems strange so I could easily be wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

I went today and can't pick up my sticker until March 16. Three months from now! If you're interested getting a sticker, act fast. I'm not sure how much farther they will push it back for those who apply in late December. At this rate, you might not get your sticker until one month before the expiration! I wish I had known this. I would have done it in November. 

One of the officers said I can use my receipt to get through but I'm skeptical.

18 hours ago, ollylama said:

I went today and can't pick up my sticker until March 16. Three months from now! If you're interested getting a sticker, act fast. I'm not sure how much farther they will push it back for those who apply in late December. At this rate, you might not get your sticker until one month before the expiration! I wish I had known this. I would have done it in November. 

One of the officers said I can use my receipt to get through but I'm skeptical.

Did they give you coffee and coissants when you applied? Lox and bagels?  I got a secret santa gift for my daughter.  They are really quite nice people.

Far as I know the sticker runs from Thai new year to Thai new year, ie 15 April to 14 April. Hence apply now and collect up to end of March. You can use it early, but not late.

You can use the receipt to collect your first sticker, not sure if they'd let you through every day, rather a pain to check.

Archived