Elite Visa, new TM30 needed for Jomtien after travelling outside the Province?

Hi,

The title says it all. Living and TM30 registered in Pattaya with Elite visa.

If i spend few days outside the province, checking in an hotel, do i need to visit the immigration for a new TM30 when back or are they relax about it?

Of course i will be staying at the same address in Pattaya.

Thanks

Edited by prb

I asked the question at Jomtien and they said only report if you return to Thailand from overseas. Assuming as you say you return to same address.

i think the rules say you should do it for out of province trips too but they said don’t worry about those.

1 hour ago, Jaxxper said:

I asked the question at Jomtien and they said only report if you return to Thailand from overseas. Assuming as you say you return to same address.

i think the rules say you should do it for out of province trips too but they said don’t worry about those.

It's been a bit of a yoyo at Jomtien - back when they first started enforcing the TM.30 it applied to everyone - then it went to only those returning from outside of Thailand, not from within Thailand, then it was yes you do but not if your trip outside of Thailand was less than ... 14 days, ..30days, ..3months ... depending on Immigration Officer you talked to, then it was no you don't have to report if outside of Thailand and return to same address.   The last one was the case for quite some time until about a month ago, when they started telling folks you had to report if traveled outside of Thailand, but you have 3 days instead of 24 hours to do it. 

I read somewhere the change was due to Immigration HQ telling Jomtien Immigration to enforce the rule.  BUT, that was about the same time as all the bad press (in Thai and some foreign news  sources) which resulted in some top Gov't official saying they were going to make changes - apparently to make the reporting easier.  From reports I've seen, at least for the past couple of weeks, Jomtien is now back to saying no need to report so long as your are returning to the same address.  So, maybe the bad press caused HQ to back off and let Jomtien go back to this more sensible approach.

Hmmm thanks, the last thing i read (for what it worth) was that non o-a did not need to do it (travel in other province) but tourists visa yes and Elite is considered as a tourist visa.

I think that when i'm back, i will go to the office with the needed paper and just ask.