BANGKOK
parafareno

Is water from pipes safe for brushing teeth?

i use a 5 stage filtration system for drinking, beverage, and cooking water. avoid reverse osmosis because it removes trace minerals that make coffee/tea taste good.

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 13.40.05.png

1 minute ago, moontang said:

Surely, you can find a beer manufacturer's website.... Tiger says serve at 36F...it doesn't say store at room temp in the tropics and put in frig set on 7c..and add ice. 

This is Thailand, Thai folk do what they want with beer, Brandy or anything else, exactly the same as I do. Not for you or me to call folk idiots because they do something different to you...

And, as it happens, I am at this moment drinking a Tiger beer with ice in it, I prefer the watered down taste.

Now if you handed me a pint of Woodfords Wherry, there would not be ice in sight, however hot it was..😜.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, transam said:

This is Thailand, Thai folk do what they want with beer, Brandy or anything else, exactly the same as I do. Not for you or me to call folk idiots because they do something different to you...

And, as it happens, I am at this moment drinking a Tiger beer with ice in it, I prefer the watered down taste.

Now if you handed me a pint of Woodfords Wherry, there would not be ice in sight, however hot it was..😜.

My evening ritual often is to sit outside with several bottles of Leo and will always put ice in the glass.

Nothing more refreshing than beer with ice! As long as you do  not leave your beer sitting there for too long it does not spoil the taste.

I do not know 1 Thai person be it a man or a woman that drinks beer without putting ice in it.

It is 100% a Thai thing and at first being from the UK would never put ice in my beer,however I soon realised that warm lager is not as nice as ice cold beer!

I remember a year or two ago a Welsh bloke saying to me - real men do not put ice in their beer -

To which I replied only real men put ice in their beer 555.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Kind of like female circumcision... just because they do it, doesn't make it right or even acceptable.  Or the way they drive/ride.. Per capita gdp is 15 times higher, where I was raised, seems like the money hungry Thais could learn a thing or two from me, as opposed to learning how to <deleted> in the streets from the Chinese.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

29 minutes ago, moontang said:

And you are an (snip)if you drink wine, here, period. Ice in beer is done by Thais led astray by EuroTrash, who don't hold the Thais accountable for lack of education and inability to properly use electricity and refrigeration.  Show me one manufacturer that suggests putting ice in it. 

A bizarre post.

Agree about wine, at least with Thailand prices. EuroTrash, as you put it (I wonder where you are from) nor anyone else from Europe ever, ever puts ice in beer. Some adopt the distasteful habit from Thais (not the other way around) when they get here and the beer warms up quickly in the tropical weather. And most shops and bars that I've been in, if not all, have discovered the wonders of electricity and refrigeration.

1 minute ago, transam said:
4 minutes ago, moontang said:

Kind of like female circumcision... just because they do it, doesn't make it right or even acceptable.  Or the way they drive/ride.. Per capita gdp is 15 times higher, where I was raised, seems like the money hungry Thais could learn a thing or two from me, as opposed to learning how to <deleted> in the streets from the Chinese.

I think you maybe crackers....🤔

I agree. Either that, or a troll. Certainly not rational.

8 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

A bizarre post.

Agree about wine, at least with Thailand prices. EuroTrash, as you put it (I wonder where you are from) nor anyone else from Europe ever, ever puts ice in beer. Some adopt the distasteful habit from Thais (not the other way around) when they get here and the beer warms up quickly in the tropical weather. And most shops and bars that I've been in, if not all, have discovered the wonders of electricity and refrigeration.

I chill my beers in the freezer but still add ice to the glass. I do it because I like it. Why is it distasteful ?

Is seems like the sort of thing a real ale drinker would say back in the UK. You know the sort who think they are a better class of person because the do not drink that fizzy lager 55

Edited by mlkik

11 minutes ago, moontang said:
22 minutes ago, transam said:

"female circumcision" isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Edited by atyclb

8 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

A bizarre post.

in hawaii a fair % of locals routinely put ice in beer.

theoretically could make a similar argument for using tap water shower.  water splashes in eyes or in mouth or bacteria in water causes impetigo

42 minutes ago, atyclb said:

avoid reverse osmosis because it removes trace minerals that make coffee/tea taste good.

For some of us not having those minerals makes the coffee taste a whole lot better - don't drink tea.

16 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:
1 hour ago, atyclb said:

avoid reverse osmosis because it removes trace minerals that make coffee/tea taste good.

For some of us not having those minerals makes the coffee taste a whole lot better - don't drink tea.

http://grindscience.com/2016/03/dissolved-minerals-in-water-and-their-effect-on-coffee/

The Specialty Coffee Association of America has set certain standards of water quality related to its use for coffee. Such measurements as sodium content, alkalinity, pH factor and calcium hardness are delineated and standardized, creating a “quality bar” of sorts that intends to preserve the integrity of specialty coffee.

https://www.ronnoco.com/blogs/news/the-importance-of-water-in-your-coffee

possibly too much of trace minerals or too little can have detrimental effect but so does removing them completely

Edited by atyclb

23 hours ago, Tayaout said:

My Thai wife won't use this water for cooking. I wash my toothbrush with it but use mouthwash to rinse my mouth. 

My wife will not use tap water for anything to do with food, even rinsing rice.