Bill payments - what if not paid?

pepi2005

What is the correct procedure in Thailand if bills are not paid by a party?

Basically, I have a bill for some cost (that I basically forwarded to another party) that are unpaid for several months already.

I'd be interested in a) how long I have to wait legally to allow their payment b) what I can do to enforce my interests if after this time, the bill is still unpaid here in Thailand.

cheers,

r.

I can only guess based on the limited unclear information... 

The debtor seems to be doing nothing and it is up to the unpaid creditor as to how far they will go to collect the unpaid debt... if it is owed to you, you need to weigh the decision as to how far and how much you will pay to collect the debt... 

As is often the case - as we say, 'you can't get blood out of a stone' and as annoying as it might be, in such a case, you might want to forget it... 

if otherwise or you want to be vindictive, depending upon the amount of proof you might have, you could go to the police or hire a lawyer... 

20 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

I can only guess based on the limited unclear information... 

The debtor seems to be doing nothing and it is up to the unpaid creditor as to how far they will go to collect the unpaid debt... if it is owed to you, you need to weigh the decision as to how far and how much you will pay to collect the debt... 

As is often the case - as we say, 'you can't get blood out of a stone' and as annoying as it might be, in such a case, you might want to forget it... 

if otherwise or you want to be vindictive, depending upon the amount of proof you might have, you could go to the police or hire a lawyer... 

It would probably be a civil case so all the police can do is try to mitigate between the parties. Other then that he'll have to file a civil case in court

Archived