Lazada Do Not Allow Non-Thais To Use Wallet Or Get Cash Refunds

NightSky

Not sure of Lazada but have not had any issues getting money refunded to my bank account with Shopee platform (but it does have to be set up) and some people do not want to provide copy of passbook/passport required (although you clearly mark it as only valid for the stated purpose).  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NightSky said:
32 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Just tell them to send the money to your bank account?

Yes thats what I asked and they said I need a wallet for that which I cannot sign up for.

so... how can they then send it back, to a wallet that does not exist?   

42 minutes ago, NightSky said:

Yes thats what I asked and they said I need a wallet for that which I cannot sign up for.

do you have a Pink ID card?   if yes maybe it's worth a try, but I always get my refunds when paid by CC

Edited by Mavideol

19 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I signed up for Lazada wallet when it first appeared.

Wrong item sent this morning, which they told me to keep and refunded to  Lazada wallet.

I pressed the button to get it sent to my BKB account earlier this afternoon ........... pending .........

That takes a few days to arrive in your bank.

17 minutes ago, SteveK said:

This has been going on for ages now - always use cash on delivery.

I think you misunderstood, this is about refunds .

I always paid COD myself, and never had to ask for a refund. But now it looks like it's better to pay with a credit card if you want your money back.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, balo said:

But now it looks like it's better to pay with a credit card if you want your money back.  

I don't know about that but it's proved to be better to pay COD if you ever want your goods to arrive.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ukrules said:

better to pay COD if you ever want your goods to arrive.

Yes I agree, but for expensive stuff I would use my foreign CC, you can claim your money back if goods does not arrive. 

• Like 1

Warning!  I have been punked!  Bought items online...they did not perform as advertised...went to Thai postal service to send item back and get my refund...Post office said: "We have an agreement to not ship items from Thailand to your country...<deleted>...you accept bulk mail...but can not return?

So off to DHL...small box...light weight...DHL took out their measuring tape and calculator...What?  They want more than I paid originally for the item + shipping to send the box back...

You just never know when you are going to be punked in this country...????

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, ICELANDMAN said:

I lost also money con Lazada, all this came after Lazada was bought by Alibaba, if I still want to buy from Lazada I know they won't reimburse me, all this is not a surprise with the Chinese.

Utter nonsense. Have had money refunded several times from both Lazada and Aliexpress. The Chinese. Surprise!

14 hours ago, ukrules said:

I don't know about that but it's proved to be better to pay COD if you ever want your goods to arrive.

Nope, I've ordered a lot of goods from Lazada, paid by CC, and they've ALL arrived--and on time as well. Same with aliexpress except for one item costing USD0.57, which was refunded. Vendor swears it'll arrive someday. ????

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Stopped using them after they would not allow a return of a dashcam that was faulty, dead battery. Too much Chinese junk which is cheap for a reason, also copies and it can be a real pain sending back, especially large items they have to pick up over 20kilo. Wallet worked for me about a year ago but maybe they changed the system.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I'm a falang who signed up with Lazada 5 or 6 years ago, never had a problem with refunds being paid into My Wallet. In fact just returned an item that didn't fit and the refund was paid into My Wallet within a couple of days. It's there to spend anytime I buy something else or I can have it transferred to my bank account if I wish.

"when I chat to Lazada customer support they said I need to be a Thai citizen to activate the wallet and be able to transfer funds from the wallet." 

This is the experience of the OP. So how did you do it? Or perhaps 5 or 6 years ago the situation was different? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Beggar said:

"when I chat to Lazada customer support they said I need to be a Thai citizen to activate the wallet and be able to transfer funds from the wallet." 

This is the experience of the OP. So how did you do it? Or perhaps 5 or 6 years ago the situation was different? 

No idea. Perhaps the requirements were different then, but I don't see why. If they are happy to refund surely having it paid into My Wallet ensures that you will still spend that money with Lazada, it's to their advantage. Mind you, I have never tried to transfer the money to my bank, so like the OP I have to use that money to buy something else.

Edited by giddyup

16 hours ago, NightSky said:

I might be able to register with my wifes name although its the principal that this is a very poor state of affairs isn't it?

It maybe a poor state of affairs but sign up with wife's ID and you got your wallet - easy. That's what I did. Purchases and delivery still come to your name and address. However from now on if pay up front I pay with a bank shopping debit card, which will get refunded straight to bank account.

18 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I have been through this 3 times in the past year.

You CAN get a refund. However by default they refund first to Wallet which indeed you cannot use. You have to contact customer support and explain this and ask them to refund to your bank account. They will ask you to upload pix of face page of your passport and bankbook. (Also have on hand the relevant order number, how many items in it and total cost as they will ask that at the outset "for security purposes").

You may have to contact more than once, I dd. But I eventually received all refunds.

I don't know if it's because I signed up a few years ago, but I have bought items using My Wallet a few times with money from refunds.

• Like 1