Lazada Do Not Allow Non-Thais To Use Wallet Or Get Cash Refunds

NightSky

43 minutes ago, VYCM said:

3 times lazada has sent promotional coupons to my wallet which have an expiration date. 

I am unable to use as I can't register the wallet. 

I reckon its bloody rude,extremely unprofessional. 

Oh, reckon it's cute and charming, as Thais are so often are. Don't you just love it? But then you'd done nothing to deserve any promotional coupons and didn't want what they promoted anyway. ???? I think I've never used any sort of coupon anywhere.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BigStar said:

Oh, reckon it's cute and charming, as Thais are so often are. Don't you just love it? But then you'd done nothing to deserve any promotional coupons and didn't want what they promoted anyway. ???? I think I've never used any sort of coupon anywhere.

We're not on the same page mate. 

The promotional coupon was money. You can offset the value of the coupon against the items purchase price. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VYCM said:

We're not on the same page mate. 

The promotional coupon was money. You can offset the value of the coupon against the items purchase price. 

Money! Ha, dangling quite a carrot there then. How much we talking?

18 hours ago, NightSky said:

Maybe because I paid cash on delivery there was no option to get refund other than digital wallet.

Ok thats a good tip to try to pay with debit card if I decide to use them again, thanks.

Yes it is the COD option that defeated you, same thing happened to me, but on a 30,000 baht! Laptop????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigStar said:

Utter nonsense. Have had money refunded several times from both Lazada and Aliexpress. The Chinese. Surprise!

Nope, I've ordered a lot of goods from Lazada, paid by CC, and they've ALL arrived--and on time as well. Same with aliexpress except for one item costing USD0.57, which was refunded. Vendor swears it'll arrive someday. ????

I lost money with Lazada and Aliexpress, if a surprise to you scam by Chinese ?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

Individual vendors of any nationality can scam you, no matter your need to bash Chinese. Read the reviews on Amazon sometime. Read complaints about Ebay vendors. However the e-commerce provider stands to ensure fairness. Both Lazada and Aliexpress are big enough to have a strong vested interest in doing so. And they've certainly been fair to me, as has Ebay when I needed them. Standards, of course, can differ, and the bar for refund is a bit higher in Asia. Wearing a shirt for year then trading it back in to Walmart ain't happening.

We see countless complaints about "scams" around here supposedly arising from beer bars to airlines that when examined more closely turn out not to be scams. We also see a number of scams perpetrated by tourists, notably insurance refund scams. So what I wouldn't be surprised by is to see spurious claims of deserved refunds withheld when in fact no refund was deserved or was in fact provided. ????

Edited by BigStar

10 hours ago, WorriedNoodle said:

It maybe a poor state of affairs but sign up with wife's ID and you got your wallet - easy. That's what I did. Purchases and delivery still come to your name and address. However from now on if pay up front I pay with a bank shopping debit card, which will get refunded straight to bank account.

Just tried this does not work.....they ask for my name in Thai....put the GF,s name in still the same...."your name in thai" :whistling:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ICELANDMAN said:

How? Only lost parcel that happened to me, AliExpress paid me back.

46 minutes ago, mngmn said:

Simple! Don't use Thai companies.  Shop at Amazon etc...

Many sellers and/or products that will not deliver to Thailand... :glare:

and when they do their delivery costs are huge compared to Chinese shops,

with sometimes shipping cost bigger than the price of the item ! :blink:

Also no COD...

47 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I've never lost money with Lazada or AliExpress, and now I'm using Shopee more, as they are cheaper than Lazada and also offer COD.

Same for me. Both Lazada and Shoppee display price in Baht and have COD. :cool:

Shoppee nowadays seems the best site to buy Chinese products from Thailand.

Edited by Pattaya46
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

How? Only lost parcel that happened to me, AliExpress paid me back.

Many sellers and/or products that will not deliver to Thailand... :glare:

and when they do their delivery costs are huge compared to Chinese shops,

with sometimes shipping cost bigger than the price of the item ! :blink:

Also no COD...

Same for me. Both Lazada and Shoppee display price in Baht and have COD. :cool:

Shoppee nowadays seems the best site to buy Chinese products from Thailand.

How ? Faulty item and the supplier lost time expressly for the time that I can no longer claim a refund

Edited by ICELANDMAN

1 hour ago, BigStar said:

Individual vendors of any nationality can scam you, no matter your need to bash Chinese. Read the reviews on Amazon sometime. Read complaints about Ebay vendors. However the e-commerce provider stands to ensure fairness. Both Lazada and Aliexpress are big enough to have a strong vested interest in doing so. And they've certainly been fair to me, as has Ebay when I needed them. Standards, of course, can differ, and the bar for refund is a bit higher in Asia. Wearing a shirt for year then trading it back in to Walmart ain't happening.

We see countless complaints about "scams" around here supposedly arising from beer bars to airlines that when examined more closely turn out not to be scams. We also see a number of scams perpetrated by tourists, notably insurance refund scams. So what I wouldn't be surprised by is to see spurious claims of deserved refunds withheld when in fact no refund was deserved or was in fact provided. ????

Yes, every country happens but the percentage with China suppliers is very high, like sending unsolicited low-quality items replaced by the items you ordered, only when you open the Chinese scam's package deal with Lazada; But if you like buying from the Chinese free to do it.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

Yes, every country happens but the percentage with China suppliers is very high

Let's have your verified stats on that from an objective reputable source. Link? And BTW it turns out that Chinese have a very large number of the world's suppliers these days. It's kinda like noting the high percentage of crime in Thailand perpetrated by Brits, yet after all they do make up such a large percentage of Western tourists. ???? Plus you've ignored my point about the e-commerce provider.

But if you like buying from the Chinese free to do it.

Not sharing your bigotry, I don't "like" buying from any one nationality over another. I'll buy from anybody who's got a product for sale I want to buy. Oh--that includes from Thais and Indians! Got a package from India via Ebay purchase just recently in fact. On the other hand, you may also feel free to buy only from vendors of your preferred nationality. Amazon shipping is ready when you are!

Edited by BigStar
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, ICELANDMAN said:

I lost also money con Lazada, all this came after Lazada was bought by Alibaba, if I still want to buy from Lazada I know they won't reimburse me, all this is not a surprise with the Chinese.

I had two repayments from Lazada, one went to the debit card, the other into the wallet.

Used the wallet to pay for another order.

No problem.

Another thing is, I found out, can not pay with a foreign credit card.

Silly thing is the amount was paid to Lazada and repaid into the CC account ten minutes later.

54 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

Yes, every country happens but the percentage with China suppliers is very high, like sending unsolicited low-quality items replaced by the items you ordered, only when you open the Chinese scam's package deal with Lazada; But if you like buying from the Chinese free to do it.

It's like Amazon or any other "big site of small shops"; you must check who you are buying from !

Many times, for a same item, cheapest prices come from shops that are new (a few months at best) with no (or few) comments and rating...

For a few baht more, you will find the same item from a shop doing business on AliExpress or Shoppee from several Years and with globally good Comments and Rating.

Guess from which one I will buy ? :wink:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Another thing is, I found out, can not pay with a foreign credit card.

Have been paying with my US Chase card for years (but use my Thai address for card).  Perhaps an issue with the address not matching shipping address?

21 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I signed up for Lazada wallet when it first appeared.

Wrong item sent this morning, which they told me to keep and refunded to  Lazada wallet.

I pressed the button to get it sent to my BKB account earlier this afternoon ........... pending .........

I received a piece of worthless <deleted> from LAZADA. Supposed to be stainless steel and was tin foil!!! Started return and had money back in my wallet in 5 minutes and did not have to return. I usually pay by K+ and can get money back in there if I want. Good way to get money into your wallet as a lump is buy something, pay on your card and then cancel. 556

I had a Lazada wallet for a while and then it disappeared when the new rules came in.

Disappointing, so I use my Kasikorn debit card instead. No sure if refunds are permitted back to an debit card, but I expect they are.

Bizarre that the seller was able to sent to your wallet that doesn't exist.

4 hours ago, Sheryl said:

All you have to do is contact them and explain you are a foreigner and can't use wallet, and arrange to have the refund made to your bank account.

I agree that (1) there is no rational reason to bar foreigners from Wallet, at least not foreigners living in Thailand;  and (2) given that they do so, refunds to wallet should not be the default. For that matter, even for Thais there should be an option as to channel of refund.

But it has been set up that way and it's an automated system. I would not read "rudeness" into it, just poor design.

Is it poor design? I am sure they know the problem very well and simply don't care. Otherwise they would at least warn a customer without wallet if they order COD. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HTC said:

I had a Lazada wallet for a while and then it disappeared when the new rules came in.

Disappointing, so I use my Kasikorn debit card instead. No sure if refunds are permitted back to an debit card, but I expect they are.

Bizarre that the seller was able to sent to your wallet that doesn't exist.

The wallet exists for each user account, accessing it is then an entirely different story.

EDIT: On the topic, I had a large 100k purchase (laptop) paid via internet banking (receipt said more on the lines that I paid it in 7-11 or something), when the seller cancelled as they were out of that brand and same model.

Had to contact both the support chat, and post some emails to get my refund, and then wait 7 days to be issued the refund. The seller issued the refund to my wallet immediately (could see it in the mobile app), but as a farang could not access. I was quite <deleted> off at the whole process, and after getting refunded flew to BKK myself to get the laptop I thought I would receive faster via lazada. Error I will not make again for sure.

Edited by jabis
Addendum
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, rwill said:

If you pay with a debit card Lazada will credit the money back to your account.  But you should request a return/refund through Lazada, not the vendor that sold the item.

They will, even if you did not pay by debit card. But not automatically. The refund will first be sent to Wallet and I have yet to find a way to prevent that.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 5:01 PM, NightSky said:

Yes thats what I asked and they said I need a wallet for that which I cannot sign up for.

This happened to me, my I'd card wouldn't work, they told me to use my wife's I'd number, it worked and went into my wallet. No problem, but I lot of f***ing around,

• Like 1

On 11/7/2019 at 5:01 PM, NightSky said:

Yes thats what I asked and they said I need a wallet for that which I cannot sign up for.

That's not true, I don't have a Wallet at Lazada  I get Refunds back into my Bank that can take up to 7 days but not often.   ????