Lazada Do Not Allow Non-Thais To Use Wallet Or Get Cash Refunds

NightSky

59 minutes ago, kralledr said:

i have no clue what is the matter i am NOT thai and i can recharge and use the wallet and get cash refunds either to the wallet or bank..

You probably activated it before the new policy came into effect. People who already had it activated can still use it but foreigners can no longer newly activate Wallet.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, petermik said:

Just tried this does not work.....they ask for my name in Thai....put the GF,s name in still the same...."your name in thai"

It worked for me. It asked for my thai partners name in Thai, the ID card # and the laser # on the back of the ID. Once input I had a wallet. 

Something weird happened. I tried activating the wallet under my wife name. It wouldn't let me submit the information because my name wasn't in thai script. I changed my account name to my Thai name and when I came back to activate the wallet it was already activated. 

Edited by Tayaout

1 hour ago, Sheryl said:

You probably activated it before the new policy came into effect. People who already had it activated can still use it but foreigners can no longer newly activate Wallet.

I have just had an issue with them.

I bought an Anti Virus programme that did not work.

I tried the form filling for the wallet and had similar problems to everyone else, regarding Thai ID and names in Thai script etc.

But when I messed around on the Lazada site, and there was an option to refund, I think in the wallet area of the site,

Anyway this was a couple of days ago, it asked me my name and bank account.

When I looked back, the wallet area was empty, and it said pending and to be patient and that the money will be refunded to my bank. I just checked five minutes ago, and it still says pending.

It's peanuts, but I will see if it works as I have bought quite a bit from Lazada, usually COD, including this item. I have no wallet account and there is no Thai account holder.

Screenshot_2019-11-08 Lazada co th Online Shopping Thailand - Mobiles, Tablets, Home Appliances, TV, Audio amp; More.png

• Like 1

Yeah, I used Lazada quite frequently, until they gave me a bonus credit for money spent with goods purchased from them, they put the bonus money into my E wallet, however,  as a foreigner you cant use the E wallet, so I sent a message and told them they are discriminating against foreigners. They didn't like that and one week later they closed all my payment methods except for "COD". When I asked why this happened they said it was a technical glitch and would be fixed. Two months later still the same, so I told them to close my account and I would go back to using E Bay. For two years never had a problem, but because they decided to be smart ar#$%s, that made me decide to give them the flick.

Edited by DUNROAMIN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/7/2019 at 5:02 PM, lopburi3 said:

Not sure of Lazada but have not had any issues getting money refunded to my bank account with Shopee platform (but it does have to be set up) and some people do not want to provide copy of passbook/passport required (although you clearly mark it as only valid for the stated purpose).  

I ve not ad problem other week money went in my wallet then later ordered something else ad to give mu passport number though although i was a bit relunctant to that 

• Like 2

On 11/7/2019 at 10:54 AM, NightSky said:

Just wanted to make people aware shopping via Lazada if you are not a Thai citizen, you have fewer rights to get your money back when shopping on their website.

No, you can have the money from the for aliens useless wallet returned in cash to your Thai bank account – I talk from a couple of positive experiences.

Contact support via the chat, and give them details. Have a scan/photo of your passport's name page and the front page of you Thai bank book ready, as you will be asked to upload these via the chat app. After approximately 7 banks days the money will be transferred to your bank account...????

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I've never lost money with Lazada or AliExpress, and now I'm using Shopee more, as they are cheaper than Lazada and also offer COD.

I would be interested to know how you use Shopee as their web site is all in thai. I can not find out how to translate to English.

5 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I would be interested to know how you use Shopee as their web site is all in thai. I can not find out how to translate to English.

Three options,

Shopee android phone app is in English.

Google chrome automatically translates foreign languages to English.

or learn to read Thai.

shopee.jpg

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Henryford said:

Thanks for the quick reply. I opened Shopee in Chrome and on my Android phone and they are still in thai. I will start to learn Thai and should be using Shopee in about 5 years.

If Chrome not set up to automatically ask just left click at top of page and select translate to English from the menu.  Works very well.  Once done you will not have to do on every page but when required just do again.  

On 11/8/2019 at 1:07 PM, BigStar said:

Individual vendors of any nationality can scam you, no matter your need to bash Chinese. Read the reviews on Amazon sometime. Read complaints about Ebay vendors. However the e-commerce provider stands to ensure fairness. Both Lazada and Aliexpress are big enough to have a strong vested interest in doing so. And they've certainly been fair to me, as has Ebay when I needed them. Standards, of course, can differ, and the bar for refund is a bit higher in Asia. Wearing a shirt for year then trading it back in to Walmart ain't happening.

We see countless complaints about "scams" around here supposedly arising from beer bars to airlines that when examined more closely turn out not to be scams. We also see a number of scams perpetrated by tourists, notably insurance refund scams. So what I wouldn't be surprised by is to see spurious claims of deserved refunds withheld when in fact no refund was deserved or was in fact provided. ????

I have used Aliexpress.com> usa, Aliexpress.com> malaysia, Lazada.sg, Lazada.my, Shoppee.sg, Shoppee.my and have very minor problem.

Usual issues usually range from fake product, replica, worn, broken, torn, wrong product. I observed that customer must be savvy when doing online purchase as regulation of e-Shop legislation are differ from countries to countries to make the payment and refund less hassle from the platform provider.

Recently, Lazada and Shoppee sent a notification for customers to claim the $5 deposit free from Lazada or Shopee. The moment when you click on that free $5 by agreeing to click and consent to received the $5. Your e-wallet is created automatically. In a few days, when it is confirmed that your wallet is registered, the platform asked you to upload your passport and ID which is an issue if you are a foreigner (I don't have to elaborate here as the problems have been mentioned by users here).

The other thing is users have to do their own due diligent to ensure they get their refund according to how they make payment in the first place and how they checked out an order(s) in their cart, how they acknowledged merchant agreement and make open dispute according to stipulated time for refund and so on.

On 11/7/2019 at 5:01 PM, NightSky said:

Yes thats what I asked and they said I need a wallet for that which I cannot sign up for.

IF you buy something on Lazada with a debit card or from a bank account, the refund when approved will go straight back to you bank account. I have returned several items and never had any problems with refunds. I had money in my Lazada Wallet earlier and Customer Service at Lazada converted it into a voucher which I could use when buying something. Sometimes I get coupons in my Wallet, and then Lazada always converts them into vouchers.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

they keep sending me coupons via sms, BUT i can't use my wallet, (where i still have a + balance) cause i'm not thai>

crazy

If you have a Lazada wallet with some cash in you can get more in there. Order something, pay by card then cancel it. Money goes into your wallet for  when you want something!!????????????????

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

This is an old story, it seems that Lazada convinces all the customers to use the Wallet and then take advantage of the foreigners' money, I have stopped working with Lazada for more than a year after losing some money.
Today I use Alibaba, Banggood and JD, partly lower prices for the same items and a much better service!

On 11/7/2019 at 5:01 PM, NightSky said:

Yes thats what I asked and they said I need a wallet for that which I cannot sign up for.

I recently went through the exact same thing. Just use their online chat and they will send it to your registered bank.

On 11/7/2019 at 5:43 PM, Tayaout said:

The issue is when you want a refund. With COD they send it to the lazada wallet. With a credit card they send it back the the credit card. 

I was using their wallet for a while and found it quite convenient to refill it with cash at Big C or 7-11.

Then it was cancelled as mentioned with an email.

I had a small balance in the wallet which they said could be applied to new purchases even though I could not ever refill the wallet.

I told them I would just use Shopee from now on.

My credit cards are American and I refuse to use them for anything here because of the rape on surcharges and ridiculous exchange rates.

I recently bought on Lazada but used COD. So far no issues but I only buy small items and write off the loss if I get screwed.

So I've never had to test the wallet refund credit claim but the logic is so clear that what they claim, being able to use the wallet refund as a credit, makes sense.

I just wanted to add this small wrinkle to the discussion.

On 11/8/2019 at 2:19 PM, Pattaya46 said:

It's like Amazon or any other "big site of small shops"; you must check who you are buying from !

Many times, for a same item, cheapest prices come from shops that are new (a few months at best) with no (or few) comments and rating...

For a few baht more, you will find the same item from a shop doing business on AliExpress or Shoppee from several Years and with globally good Comments and Rating.

Guess from which one I will buy ? :wink:

The problem is China product sale with not fair-play, only make money and scam is current way, also Amazon not escape, read this  https://wolfstreet.com/2019/11/11/murky-business-of-chinese-merchandise-on-amazons-us-site/

On 11/7/2019 at 5:38 PM, SteveK said:

This has been going on for ages now - always use cash on delivery.

i bought something there only cheap, paid at 7/11 same process returned my money to the wallet system. to much hassel trying to get it back i will right it off.

On 11/8/2019 at 10:54 AM, Sheryl said:

All you have to do is contact them and explain you are a foreigner and can't use wallet, and arrange to have the refund made to your bank account.

I agree that (1) there is no rational reason to bar foreigners from Wallet, at least not foreigners living in Thailand;  and (2) given that they do so, refunds to wallet should not be the default. For that matter, even for Thais there should be an option as to channel of refund.

But it has been set up that way and it's an automated system. I would not read "rudeness" into it, just poor design.

All you have to do is contact them and explain you are a foreigner and can't use wallet, and arrange to have the refund made to your bank account.

are you sure thats a fact ? if that is true, thx in advance

On 11/9/2019 at 4:04 PM, 30la said:

Today I use Alibaba, Banggood and JD, partly lower prices for the same items and a much better service!

After having been burnt by Lazada's e-wallet scam I too am looking for an alternative e-shopping platform.

Are these all reliable?

Money back guarantees?

Offer COD?

What about Amazon? Do they operate/ship to Thailand?

12 minutes ago, Encid said:

After having been burnt by Lazada's e-wallet scam I too am looking for an alternative e-shopping platform.

Are these all reliable?

Money back guarantees?

Offer COD?

What about Amazon? Do they operate/ship to Thailand?

Shoppee has all that.

Nearly always cheaper than Lazada.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1