Lazada Do Not Allow Non-Thais To Use Wallet Or Get Cash Refunds

NightSky

On 11/11/2019 at 8:29 AM, RocketDog said:

COD

????

The only way I shop online. ????

Quite an easy rule to follow.

When I go to the ATM I also withdraw x,900 thb, so if a local doesn't have change, I don't lose my sh!ht and start a diatribe on Thai Visa about them not having change for a 1,000thb note. ????

A small bit of intelligence and adjustment really would help so many farang here. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Happy Grumpy said:

????

The only way I shop online. ????

Quite an easy rule to follow.

When I go to the ATM I also withdraw x,900 thb, so if a local doesn't have change, I don't lose my sh!ht and start a diatribe on Thai Visa about them not having change for a 1,000thb note. ????

A small bit of intelligence and adjustment really would help so many farang here. 

"A small bit of intelligence"? Always paying cash instead of using online payment isn't very intelligent imo. Everything gets easier when paying online, especially as this thread is about problems with refunds paying COD.

Edited by Max69xl
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

If the OP goes down the road of getting Thai Citizenship, he will be able to get his refund.

Worth it. 

Funilly enough after paying taxes in Thailand for many years I would meet the criteria to apply however you miss the point of the thread completely.

16 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

That non-Thai citizens cannot get refunds on their own Lazada account. ???? 

Westerners that are Thai citizens can. ????

The point of the thread has everything to do with Thai citizenship. ????

I disagree. The point is if a company takes your money and the product is returned for whatever reason the money should be repaid regardless of what country you are from.

Citizenship should have nothing to do with it.

Edited by NightSky
  • Thanks 1

On 11/7/2019 at 4:57 PM, jackdd said:

Just tell them to send the money to your bank account?

They don't do that... and if you pay by debit card it takes forever to process a refund.

Shopee is often better IMO, but it is defiantly opposed to English translation... I generally use Shopee more and open it in a browser to get an Ingrish translate version.

The point is that in Thailand, a lot of the channels are simply blocked because you're a foreigner. Even channels which are theoretically available are made practically impossible (such as my one day experience registering at a new hospital to avoid extortionate costs on Cardiology treatment and blocks on buying locally available medicines which are effective and undercut highly expensive Western versions, like Brilinta 84 baht at the hospital, still a pretty stiff 62 baht at a pharmacy).

Lazada are just as messed up by the system as we are.

28 minutes ago, ben2talk said:

They don't do that... and if you pay by debit card it takes forever to process a refund.

Shopee is often better IMO, but it is defiantly opposed to English translation... I generally use Shopee more and open it in a browser to get an Ingrish translate version.

The point is that in Thailand, a lot of the channels are simply blocked because you're a foreigner. Even channels which are theoretically available are made practically impossible (such as my one day experience registering at a new hospital to avoid extortionate costs on Cardiology treatment and blocks on buying locally available medicines which are effective and undercut highly expensive Western versions, like Brilinta 84 baht at the hospital, still a pretty stiff 62 baht at a pharmacy).

Lazada are just as messed up by the system as we are.

I have returned several items at Lazada, and most of the time used my debit card. Within 3-4 days my money was refunded back to my bank account. I didn't have to do anything. Paying using bank account or debit card is by far the best option when having to return items and getting refunds.

Edited by Max69xl