Five-metre python snared behind home in Wichit

snoop1130

Five-metre python snared behind home in Wichit

By Tanyaluk Sakoot

1573123135_1-org.jpg

The python in hand this morning (Nov 7). Photo: Wichit Municipality

PHUKET:-- Officers from Wichit Municipality were called to collect a five-metre-long python this morning (Nov 7) after the snake became tangled in a fishing net that the home owner had placed near where a drain empties into lagoon behind the house.

The officers were called to the home, at the end of Soi Charoenroth, off Thep Anusorn Rd, at 7:30am.

“When three of us arrived, the python was still struggling in the fishing net beside drain,” explained Jaruwat Atipongthaworn of the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation (DDPM) office at Wichit Municipality.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/five-metre-python-snared-behind-home-in-wichit-73546.php#xr5ckEeYRKpAIURS.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2019-11-07

8 minutes ago, Puchaiyank said:

I live 7 floors up...so far so good...do not like snakes...☠

Me equal …, only a bit higher to be sure 11th   , but check anyway always the toilet before sitting  5555  

16 hours ago, david555 said:

Me equal …, only a bit higher to be sure 11th   , but check anyway always the toilet before sitting  5555  

Don't worry about the snake in the toilet, more  worry about the Thai curry last night.

18 minutes ago, Thingamabob said:

Why ?

It could coil itself around your neck and kill you. Happened to an American lady just last week.

Or it might eat your favourite cat. Or hamster if you keep one.

I don't know what sort of python it was. But if in doubt, grab it by the tail and lead it away. Done it lots of times.

36 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

It could coil itself around your neck and kill you. Happened to an American lady just last week.

I don't know what sort of python it was. But if in doubt, grab it by the tail and lead it away. Done it lots of times.

Another stupid post^^

It's a native animal.

49 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I

Theres more chance of your hamster crawling down your throat and suffocating you than the python killing you

23 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Theres more chance of your hamster crawling down your throat and suffocating you than the python killing you

Maybe sanemax, but one of the pythons killed a lady recently:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50261417

"Indiana State Police Sgt Kim Riley said the person who found Ms Hurst was able to remove the reticulated python from her neck but emergency services could not revive her. Ms Hurst, for whatever reason, got the snake out and was doing what people do with snakes,"

Can't be too careful in LOS (land of snakes).

8 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Maybe sanemax, but one of the pthons killed a lady recently:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50261417

"Indiana State Police Sgt Kim Riley said the person who found Ms Hurst was able to remove the reticulated python from her neck but emergency services could not revive her. Ms Hurst, for whatever reason, got the snake out and was doing what people do with snakes,"

Can't be too careful in LOS (land of snakes).

That was her pet snake , very unlikely to happen with a wild snake .

I saw a reticulated python in the wild recently and it thought about eating me , I took a photo of it, must have been 10 meters long , magnificent  creature

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I saw a reticulated python in the wild recently and it thought about eating me , I took a photo of it, must have been 10 meters long , magnificent  creature

Well I can't outdo 10 metres. But I caught a snake at our farm. it was 2.4 metres long. Not a python though.

Yum, yum.

6 minutes ago, sanemax said:

10 meters? ????

where is the pic?

13 hours ago, sanemax said:

I am sure it did not think anything.

Most snakes want to get away from humans as we stand taller than them, which causes fear from all accounts.

7 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I am sure it did not think anything.

Most snakes want to get away from humans as we stand taller than them, which causes fear from all accounts.

I was sat down at the time , huddled up , the Python came and had a look at me and as I stood up, it swan away .

I really didnt want to boast about myself having a fight with a snake 

Archived