What's the next best spots for nightlife after Bangkok, pattaya, phuket?

Mrfox

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rayong, Koh Samed, Udon Thani, Koh Samui and Chiang Mai as stated above.

Kind of okey in Sri Racha also. After that one choice could be Khon Kaen

Opps! Forgot, sorry. You will always have Hua Hin, which is great sometimes.

9 hours ago, Beggar said:

Are you finished with exploring the nightlife in Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket already? Or why do you look for other places? And what is nightlife for you?

Kinda bored from them, been in and out over 6-7 years. Can't say that explored every crack but many.

6 minutes ago, Mrfox said:

55, referring to Thailand 

What are you looking for? The bar business and the freelancer business here is the same everywhere. You could try the Full (Fool) Moon Parties - just to meet freelancers again. 

9 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Rayong, Koh Samed, Udon Thani, Koh Samui and Chiang Mai as stated above.

Kind of okey in Sri Racha also. After that one choice could be Khon Kaen

Opps! Forgot, sorry. You will always have Hua Hin, which is great sometimes.

Hmm. From the list, never been to udon thani, and Khan keen.

10 minutes ago, Beggar said:

What are you looking for? The bar business and the freelancer business here is the same everywhere. You could try the Full (Fool) Moon Parties - just to meet freelancers again. 

You mean Koh Phangan?

18 minutes ago, Mrfox said:

Hmm. From the list, never been to udon thani, and Khan keen.

Just ordinary cities in Isaan. However, both have nice entertainment and their own bar streets if that´s what you are looking for. ???? Both also will have much cheaper accommodation of good quality compared to what you payed in the places yu´ve visited before.

2 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

For tourists it´s everywhere better than in Chiang Mai, where all bars close at midnight, except a hand full. 

For expats they know where to go, it´s not so bad. 

I think that's why he started the thread, to get some 'inside' knowledge and tips.

2 hours ago, atyclb said:

double 6, kuta, bali.  nice place and lots of friendly japanese babes on holiday

Double 6? Yeah was in Kuta years ago, did hook up with japs women instead; Bali to jap women is like Thailand to jap men.

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Just ordinary cities in Isaan. However, both have nice entertainment and their own bar streets if that´s what you are looking for. ???? Both also will have much cheaper accommodation of good quality compared to what you payed in the places yu´ve visited before.

What is low and high season for those places?

Do not know if it still exists, but Tapaz club is Silom use to be awesome. Not too many hookers, mainly office girls wanting to meet and hang around with  foreigners, Guys were mostly under 40 expats and a few tourist. Great music, over 2 floors. Drinks were little expansive but still worth it. Met some fun girls in there, sales manager for BMW show room, Marketing Manger for Johnston & Johnston, lawyers etc.

21 minutes ago, Mrfox said:

What is low and high season for those places?

It´s the same thing. Between now and onwards to februari it will be a little bit of a high season. Never same high season like in the bigger and more known cities you´ve chosen before.

Also during the yearly military exercise "Cobra Gold" it will be alot of US soldiers there. Mostly in Udon Thani.

In other aspects, it will mostly be the expats living there that you will meet. They also have meetings for US veterans in Udon Thani once a month. Think it is the first or second sunday every month, but not 100% sure.

17 hours ago, Mrfox said:

Suggestions for a single guy?

If you are the party-style guy then Koh Samui is an excellent choice – beach parties and night clubs; and trendy cafes, some with live-music – perhaps a trip to neighboring Koh Phangan's Haad Rin Sunrise Beach for a Full Moon Party.

You didn't state an age, but if younger then both islands great dating sites with lots of single females, also foreigners.

If you are looking for bars only, Samui and Phangan are however limited, best spot for bar-life on the islands might be Lamai Beach on Samui.

There are to my knowledge still some bars up in Hua hin.

19 hours ago, Mrfox said:

Suggestions for a single guy?

i would come to Hua Hin way before RETURNING to Chiang Mai.

and Hua Hin is a very small town compared to CM.

They killed the obvious places in CM. still many Thai clubs to go. Universities.

Don't laugh but there is a web site called Redcat Thailand that does a pretty good job of listing every place a single guy might want to go in Thailand. I have spend the last five years systematically going to most of the locations listed on his sight.  35,000 kilometer on my motorcycle just going to every soapy, massage shop, girlie bar, Thai clubs, red light hotels.  just about everywhere listed. Sometimes a total bust, sometimes amazing. You could design a train trip around his suggestions going from BKK to Ubon Ratchathani.

After BKK I have had the best times in Kanchanaburi, Surin, Korat, Roi Et, Cha Am, Hua Hin, Ubon Ratchathani.

and i had a great time and i am in my 60's. but my personally is I don't socialize with expats.

and i don't hang in bars talking with other men drinking beer. so some of these places may not be for you.

I am off to Koh Chang this month.

1 minute ago, NCC1701A said:

i would come to Hua Hin way before Chiang Mai.

and Hua Hin is a very small town compared to CM.

They killed CM.

Don't laugh but there is a web site called Redcat Thailand that does a pretty good job of listing every place a single guy might want to go in Thailand. I have spend the last five years systematically going to most of the locations listed on his sight.  35,000 kilometer on my motorcycle just going to every soapy, massage shop, girlie bar, Thai clubs, red light hotels.  just about everywhere listed. Sometimes a total bust, sometimes amazing. You could design a train trip around this suggestions going from BKK to Ubon Ratchathani.

After BKK I have had the best times in Kanchanaburi, Surin, Korat, Roi Et, Cha Am, Hua Hin, Ubon Ratchathani.

and i had a great time and i am in my 60's. but my personally is I don't socialize with expats.

and i don't hang in bars talking with other men drinking beer. so some of these places may not be for you.

I am off to Koh Chang this month.

So in other words you have already ruined half of Thailand and continuing on your crusades to ruin the rest?????

4 minutes ago, BestB said:

So in other words you have already ruined half of Thailand and continuing on your crusades to ruin the rest?????

i am just sitting here waiting for the antibiotics to finish working. :shock1::cheesy: and then i hit the road again.

1 minute ago, BestB said:

Yes i believe you are torturing Pattaya at the moment ????

i think it is the other way around this trip. i really hit the wall this trip and i don't drink or do drugs.

i actually left my motorcycle in Patttaya and came home to Hua Hin on the ferry for two days to rest and talk to my cats. 

Archived