Report to Immigration with proof of the 800K after 3 months.

giddyup

When I renewed my extension of stay (retirement) they gave me a paper instructing me to report after 90 days with proof that the 800K in the bank hadn't been touched. There was a date stamped on the paper exactly 90 days after getting my extension. I asked the officer if I had to report on that exact date, and he said no, anytime after that date, can't be before. I'm now a couple of weeks after that date and intend going in today, and am wondering if anyone has had any problems with this report?

I got a similar card last week on my renewal. I have to attend in person on the January date stamped on the card. I am wondering if I will then get another one to go back and check it's not dropped below 400k? Defeats the purpose of the online 90 day reporting. C'est la vie.

Just now, Saltire said:

I got a similar card last week on my renewal. I have to attend in person on the January date stamped on the card. I am wondering if I will then get another one to go back and check it's not dropped below 400k? Defeats the purpose of the online 90 day reporting. C'est la vie.

Not sure if It's actually necessary to report in person, even though I will, it's only to hand in copies of your passport and bankbook.

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

Not sure if It's actually necessary to report in person, even though I will, it's only to hand in copies of your passport and bankbook.

I asked and they insisted I need to go in person, and yes its just to see the passbook which again you have to update on the same day day. It's the 320K round trip that gets me. I am not in Pattaya so here we go again with different offices requirements.

2 minutes ago, Saltire said:

I asked and they insisted I need to go in person, and yes its just to see the passbook which again you have to update on the same day day. It's the 320K round trip that gets me. I am not in Pattaya so here we go again with different offices requirements.

Fortunately I don't have a long distance to travel, but it's still annoying to have another hoop to jump through.

11 minutes ago, Saltire said:

and if you didn't report, I suspect Nothing would happen. Lip service with no follow up. Test this theory and see if they contact you.

Obviously, stay within the limits specified should they ask again at a later date. ????

Just now, thequietman said:

and if you didn't report, I suspect Nothing would happen. Lip service with no follow up. Test this theory and see if they contact you.

Obviously, stay within the limits specified should they ask again at a later date. ????

Perhaps the report is entered onto a computer that states you complied, who knows? Surely the bank balance question would be answered the next time you renewed the extension?

2 minutes ago, thequietman said:

You test the theory. If your visa does not get renewed how would you feel about that?

7 hours ago, giddyup said:

Perhaps the report is entered onto a computer that states you complied, who knows? Surely the bank balance question would be answered the next time you renewed the extension?

When I reported my 90 balance statement it was logged in the computer....:thumbsup:

Just now, giddyup said:

From what I have read, they look at your book and tell you to get on your way. No entry into the computer. I believe it's all show.

As to your second point, yes, that would be the logical choice. If you obeyed their 'rules' and kept the money within range, I belive you wouldn't have any issues next time.

However, go in, watch them and see do they enter your visit anywhere. Good luck. ????

1 minute ago, champers said:

You test the theory. If your visa does not get renewed how would you feel about that?

Wouldn't it be just as easy to check your bankbook every time you applied for an extension to see that the 800K was in the bank for 3 months after the extension was approved?

1 minute ago, petermik said:

When I reported my 90 balance statement it was logged in the computer....:thumbsup:

Did you do it on the date stamped on the paper they gave you? I'm already a couple of weeks late, but was told any time after that date was OK.

7 hours ago, giddyup said:

Wouldn't it be just as easy to check your bankbook every time you applied for an extension to see that the 800K was in the bank for 3 months after the extension was approved?

You,re being logical.....thai,s don,t do logic :whistling:

3 minutes ago, champers said:

Honestly ...... really couldn't care less. There's no advantage as the grandfathering rule doesn't apply anymore. Might have to do a border hop, start the procedure again, but it's more work for them and a minor inconvenience for me. ????

This is my totally honest answer. I have grown tired of their sheee ite. ????

2 minutes ago, thequietman said:

From what I have read, they look at your book and tell you to get on your way. No entry into the computer. I believe it's all show.

As to your second point, yes, that would be the logical choice. If you obeyed their 'rules' and kept the money within range, I belive you wouldn't have any issues next time.

However, go in, watch them and see do they enter your visit anywhere. Good luck. ????

As someone said, take the chance and possibly have your next extension refused.

2 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Did you do it on the date stamped on the paper they gave you? I'm already a couple of weeks late, but was told any time after that date was OK.

So ............ anytime could in fact be any time. So ....... show the book when you renew. ????

1 minute ago, thequietman said:

Then a quick trip to a neighbouring country for a wee holiday. Get your visa and start again. I know it's hassle, but it's more work for them. ????

Maybe they will stamp your passport Persona Non Grata.

I went about a week after the due date, no ticket number just gave the paper and book to the lady who sits on the left of the retirement station desk, no computer at that point, she checked everything stapled it together,  gave me a paper and the book back and placed it over the counter on a pile of similar papers.

1 minute ago, Rimmer said:

I went about a week after the due date, no ticket number just gave the paper and book to the lady who sits on the left of the retirement station desk, no computer at that point, she checked everything gave me a paper and the book back stapled it together and placed it over the counter on a pile of similar papers.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to hear!

6 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

I went about a week after the due date, no ticket number just gave the paper and book to the lady who sits on the left of the retirement station desk, no computer at that point, she checked everything stapled it together,  gave me a paper and the book back and placed it over the counter on a pile of similar papers.

This is correct and the process they use.

Archived