BANGKOK
webfact

Panic on Chiang Mai to Bangkok flight as "crazed foreigner" opens emergency door

Panic on Chiang Mai to Bangkok flight as "crazed foreigner" opens emergency door

1pm.jpg

Thai caption: Terror on a flight

Sanook reported that a foreign man succeeded in opening an emergency hatch on the wing of a Thai Smile aircraft that was preparing for taxi and takeoff at Chiang Mai International Airport. 

A picture showed a Caucasian male being restrained by security forces. 

The incident happened on flight WE 169 due for takeoff to Suvarnabhumi, Bangkok at 15.40 on Wednesday afternoon. 

The media reported that all the passengers had boarded when the man ran up and opened the hatch causing panic on the aircraft. 

The pilot called security and safety checks were carried out. 

Thai Smile said there were 86 passengers aboard. The flight eventually took off late at 5 pm. 

The reason for the passengers actions have not been reported and neither has his nationality. 

Sanook said no further details were available at this time. They called the person who opened the door a "crazed foreigner" in their headline. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-08
  • Sad 1

Falang ting tong!   Would love to be a fly on the wall as he sits in front of the BIB and the language thing.

I always ask for the exit seat to get some legroom, had I been on that flight, which I will be in 2 weeks from bkk-cnx, maybe this wouldnt have happened, esp on the last leg of 24+ hrs and 6 flights/ airports...

• Haha 1

A troll/racist slur has been removed along with a reply.