Top Thai pirate movie site shut down after complaints from Hollywood

webfact

On 11/8/2019 at 4:13 PM, Orton Rd said:

If Mircosoft put in a complaint half the computers in the country will have to be turned over to linux ????

Every time i buy a new computer i also have to buy a new microsoft license....i think that's unfair!

And in thailand we've had several illegal decoders and so...just pay the guys 200 baht a month and you can see all....

On 11/8/2019 at 7:02 PM, wwest5829 said:

Yeah, well. I am out of the game living on a fixed retirement income in Thailand as I can (currently) afford a working middle-class retirement, whereas I cannot afford the same in the US. Sorry, Hollywood, I have previously purchased hundreds of videos/ CDs and have absolutely no guilt about downloading those movies while in retirement. Glean you profits from those still working.

99%  of what they  pump  out  seems to be trash these days anyway.......It seems if  i watch a  100 films   only 1  of them is actually memorable, the rest is  drivel inc  all that Marvel cr$p

3 minutes ago, Chazar said:

99%  of what they  pump  out  seems to be trash these days anyway.......It seems if  i watch a  100 films   only 1  of them is actually memorable, the rest is  drivel inc  all that Marvel cr$p

Have to agree with you Chazar, most of it is dog poop, especially the Marvel rubbish.

There are however, a lot of good TV/movies. Look on the "What Movies" thread on here.

7 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

So many people want to watch the movies produced but don’t want to pay for doing so. 

Hilarious. 

I watch the blockbusters on cinema , I have paid a lot of money through the years.  But at home its a different story. I am not willing to pay more than necessary. 

10 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

So many people want to watch the movies produced but don’t want to pay for doing so. 

Hilarious. 

I admit to it...  But I can't count the number of free and rented movies I've quit watching after 10 minutes because they were so bad.  (Edit- Especially in the past 5 years or so).  Movies should come with a satisfaction guaranty.   Or at least pricing based on quality so I'm not paying the same to see a great movie or a dog.  That's like paying the same for a dried out fast food burger or a nice juicy steak- and not knowing which when I order it.

They have a very screwed up business model in that respect.  Not to mention the most valuable thing I'm out is 2 hours of my life.  I'll never get that back.

Edit:  I should add that the business model has gotten better with online streaming where you can preview a movie, see multiple trailers online and stop after a few minutes and decide whether to continue watching or even darken the door of a theater.  But that's after many decades of pent up frustration over paying for some real stinkers.

3 hours ago, balo said:

I watch the blockbusters on cinema , I have paid a lot of money through the years.  But at home its a different story. I am not willing to pay more than necessary. 

If I want to see a movie I pay to do so, wherever I am. 

1 hour ago, impulse said:

I admit to it...  But I can't count the number of free and rented movies I've quit watching after 10 minutes because they were so bad.  (Edit- Especially in the past 5 years or so).  Movies should come with a satisfaction guaranty.   Or at least pricing based on quality so I'm not paying the same to see a great movie or a dog.  That's like paying the same for a dried out fast food burger or a nice juicy steak- and not knowing which when I order it.

They have a very screwed up business model in that respect.  Not to mention the most valuable thing I'm out is 2 hours of my life.  I'll never get that back.

Edit:  I should add that the business model has gotten better with online streaming where you can preview a movie, see multiple trailers online and stop after a few minutes and decide whether to continue watching or even darken the door of a theater.  But that's after many decades of pent up frustration over paying for some real stinkers.

I only watch through streaming these days (mostly through i movies) and always read the reviews of movies before choose whether to buy or rent.  As you say can also watch the trailers. Hasn’t let me down yet. 

On 11/8/2019 at 9:44 AM, CelticBhoy said:

"The site operated using sophisticated equipment and a server abroad to avoid detection."

That didn't work out too well then, did it?   ????

Dont really understand What is this site  doing different to Kodi

Yes i use kodi for all my movies and TV shows

On 11/9/2019 at 5:39 PM, J Town said:

I had an extensive DVD collection, legitimately purchased over the years. When I first moved to Thailand, none of them would play on a DVD player I bought in Thailand because of some <deleted> zone block. I'm now a happy pirate. Arrrrrrrrrrr

pirate.jpg

Every DVD player sold in Thailand was multi-region near enough, rather than region 3 or whatever it was in Asia.

Nearly everywhere sold copied DVDs back in the day. They really were everywhere 20 years ago.

On 11/9/2019 at 9:56 PM, Bluespunk said:

Hilarious. 

You have guaranteed, 100%, watched a ton of stuff on places like Youtube that was copyrighted, and uploaded fraudulently and in violation of copyright. 

I suppose you could search in your youtube history and start sending out checks to all the people you ripped off. 

This is actually pretty simple. Consider the above, and realize that it is the people uploading this content illegally who are in breach. People watching it are not doing anything wrong at all. Or i should say they are not doing anything more wrong than you did when you watched unlicensed material on youtube. 

49 minutes ago, meand said:

You have guaranteed, 100%, watched a ton of stuff on places like Youtube that was copyrighted, and uploaded fraudulently and in violation of copyright. 

I suppose you could search in your youtube history and start sending out checks to all the people you ripped off. 

This is actually pretty simple. Consider the above, and realize that it is the people uploading this content illegally who are in breach. People watching it are not doing anything wrong at all. Or i should say they are not doing anything more wrong than you did when you watched unlicensed material on youtube. 

Don't watch movies/tv on youtube, I can afford to pay for what I want to watch.

I stream music through my own extensive music collection and apple music.

So no need to send out checks.

Don't judge all by your standards...

movie2free.Com - Info

movie2free.com receives about 755,041 unique visitors and 4,031,919 (5.34 per visitor) page views per day which should earn about $10,219.83/day from advertising revenue. Estimated site value is $5,032,337.54. According to Alexa Traffic Rank movie2free.com is ranked number 1,134 in the world and 0.0445% of global Internet users visit it. Site is hosted in San Francisco, CA, 94107, United States and links to network IP address 104.27.198.93. This server supports HTTPS and HTTP/2.

Skjermbilde 2019-11-12 kl. 08.42.16.png

On 11/8/2019 at 7:02 PM, wwest5829 said:

Yeah, well. I am out of the game living on a fixed retirement income in Thailand as I can (currently) afford a working middle-class retirement, whereas I cannot afford the same in the US. Sorry, Hollywood, I have previously purchased hundreds of videos/ CDs and have absolutely no guilt about downloading those movies while in retirement. Glean you profits from those still working.

oh is that how life works?  upon retirement you gain a right to steal?  what a blissfully ignorant life.  i envy people who can think like you and actually manage to survive.

On 11/9/2019 at 8:13 PM, Bluespunk said:

I only watch through streaming these days (mostly through i movies) and always read the reviews of movies before choose whether to buy or rent.  As you say can also watch the trailers. Hasn’t let me down yet. 

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, but in the interest of keeping the banter going...  It's gotten so fashionable to swamp the interweb with fake reviews that I don't know how much I trust what I read anymore.  And who can forget some of the movies where they packed every funny part of the entire 2 hour movie into a 30 second trailer.  No spoiler alerts or anything...

I still remember meeting all of my friends almost every Friday night outside the theater and deciding which movie we were going to see.  The question wasn't "what are we going to do?".  It was "which movie are we going to see?"  Probably 2-3 times a year, we'd look at the selection and decide that none of them were worthwhile.  But they sure got a lot of our money back then.

11 minutes ago, impulse said:

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, but in the interest of keeping the banter going...  It's gotten so fashionable to swamp the interweb with fake reviews that I don't know how much I trust what I read anymore.  And who can forget some of the movies where they packed every funny part of the entire 2 hour movie into a 30 second trailer.  No spoiler alerts or anything...

I still remember meeting all of my friends almost every Friday night outside the theater and deciding which movie we were going to see.  The question wasn't "what are we going to do?".  It was "which movie are we going to see?"  Probably 2-3 times a year, we'd look at the selection and decide that none of them were worthwhile.  But they sure got a lot of our money back then.

I remember those days well. I shudder to think how much I spent watching the first Star Wars movie when it came out in the 70s, but it was a fair amount of my very limited teenage income back then. I watched it over and over again. 

As to reviews I tend to look to rotten tomatoes and a couple of other established review sites. To be honest a basic plot outline tells me a lot these days. 

On 11/12/2019 at 2:09 PM, Bluespunk said:

You do not need to watch movies, there is content on youtube that was not authorized for upload. Hell, you have been in elevators where the music is not licensed. 

The point is, it is not "the consumer's" fault. Anybody who uploads or uses unlicensed materials is in breech. People who watch or view unlicensed content online are not. It is the people who uploaded it who are breaking the law.

You would need to send out checks for the times you have viewed content that was uploaded without a license. Otherwise, you "stole" as you put it. By your own logic you stole, that is. Same exact thing as what you accuse others of. You watched unlicensed content somewhere, were entertained by it, and did not pay. 

Youtube is filled with songs and videos like this. For example, if you accidentally clicked on a video of the super bowl halftime show that was uploaded without a license (stuff like this happens all the time). 

On 11/12/2019 at 2:09 PM, Bluespunk said:

What has happened in you case, whether you understand it or not (I think "not"), is you have accused others of stealing. Yet, the truth is, by your own definition, you "steal" probably everyday as well. That is, you view material online or in other arenas that has been illegally uploaded

1 hour ago, meand said:

You do not need to watch movies, there is content on youtube that was not authorized for upload. Hell, you have been in elevators where the music is not licensed. 

The point is, it is not "the consumer's" fault. Anybody who uploads or uses unlicensed materials is in breech. People who watch or view unlicensed content online are not. It is the people who uploaded it who are breaking the law.

You would need to send out checks for the times you have viewed content that was uploaded without a license. Otherwise, you "stole" as you put it. By your own logic you stole, that is. Same exact thing as what you accuse others of. You watched unlicensed content somewhere, were entertained by it, and did not pay. 

Youtube is filled with songs and videos like this. For example, if you accidentally clicked on a video of the super bowl halftime show that was uploaded without a license (stuff like this happens all the time). 

Let me be clearer, I don't watch youtube and have no interest in doing so.

And this thread is not about "accidentally@ {yeah, right-sure] watching something, it's about deliberately downloading and/or viewing pirated films.

As to watching the super bowl, I pay to watch all games throughout the season including play offs and super bowl, so need to watch through youtube. Like everything else I desire to see, I pay for it...

1 hour ago, meand said:

What has happened in you case, whether you understand it or not (I think "not"), is you have accused others of stealing. Yet, the truth is, by your own definition, you "steal" probably everyday as well. That is, you view material online or in other arenas that has been illegally uploaded

Where do I steal- back up this falsehood with evidence please.

I don't watch anything online I am not entitled to do so.

Way I was raised I guess...

Archived