Extension of Stay using Income Method

My Extension of Stay is due in December and it will my first since the new Income rule was introduced. Although I have been transferring way above the required 65k/month, I wanted to ensure the bank (Bangkok Bank in my case) could provide the correct document before I need to present at Immigration.

I was aware that my transfer from the US goes into Bangkok Bank via Kasikorn Bank, but never considered that might be an issue. Well, as you might guess, Bangkok Bank has no proof that the funds were deposited INTERNATIONALLY. They only show they came in via "BahtNet" which appears to be a local transfer from bank to bank.  The Bangkok Bank clerks tell me I need to go to Kasikorn for proof that funds came in from overseas.

Ok so it's over to Kasikorn to inquire what they can do for me. I'm expecting the worst, but as it turns out the clerks were very knowledgeable and understood the problem. They gave me some forms to fill out so I can get the documents. Even though I don't even have an account there, they took the time to assist me and sort things out. I showed them the example letter that has been posted here on TV and they said they can do something similar. 

I'm now convinced the 800K in the bank method is a easier way to go ! Too late now, but that's a lesson learned.

• Like 1

Get a 12 month statement of account from Bangkok Bank head office. That will show deposit as Bahtnet but more importantly  GPSD at the end of the column. This is the Global Payments Service Department of Bangkok Bank and indicates the funds come from overseas and should be acceptable to immigration if they are aware of it. Your local BB should be able to advise your local immigration office accordingly.

Maybe!

I'm getting a statement from Kasikorn as well as a 12 month statement from Bangkok Bank. After I have both, I will visit Immigration and ask what is acceptable. And yes, the 12 month statement will take about 5 days. I was told to pick it up on Thursday. 

As an aside, both Bangkok Bank and Kasikorn branches in the Emquaitier were extremely helpful. The clerks knew what was necessary and took the time to assist me. As for the Kasikorn statement, I needed to go to the branch on the corner of Soi 33, 2nd floor for that. The guy that helped me knew the deal and was helpful. 

Thanks for the responses

This question is about my Thai bank balance at the time of visa renewal application. I've just renewed my Non imm O visa with 800k in the bank. For next year I'm switching to the 65k baht, minimum, monthly pension transfer strategy. Does that mean that my actual bank balance is not important and can be minimal (say 50k baht for example) providing I can show 12 monthly international fund transfers at the time of applying for the visa renewal? Thanks for any input.