Best way to send box from USA to Thailand

roman50

3 choices: USPS, USPS, or USPS. Never DHL. Never UPS. Never FedEx. Never! The private couriers will rip you off and tack on more charges to receive the package than it cost to send it. Learn this the easy way, not the hard way.

In general, the best way of all is to buy stuff from Amazon so it has a guaranteed import duty price known up front that can't be meddled with by customs. Customs can't touch you for 1 baht. And amazon delivery prices have sank so low it can be mind boggling these days.

20 hours ago, canopy said:

3 choices: USPS, USPS, or USPS. Never DHL. Never UPS. Never FedEx. Never! The private couriers will rip you off and tack on more charges to receive the package than it cost to send it. Learn this the easy way, not the hard way.

In general, the best way of all is to buy stuff from Amazon so it has a guaranteed import duty price known up front that can't be meddled with by customs. Customs can't touch you for 1 baht. And amazon delivery prices have sank so low it can be mind boggling these days.

Amazon will not ship to Thailand via USPS. UPS “customs agent” not only wanted more money but demanded I come to the airport with my passport to register as an importer. Twice packages have been sent back because I refuse to do this. The guy was a real AH. Fortunately Amazon reimbursed everything but the frustration was not worth it. 

Surely then you were importing a restricted item. Some types of things cannot be imported under any circumstances like weapons. Other types of items need a lot of tough paperwork like li-ion batteries or chemicals. But if you buy from Amazon they guarantee their import duty price. One time long ago DHL showed up and tried to charge me extra for an amazon shipment. Amazon reimbursed all of it. And quite often amazon reimburses a few dollars for each order because their import fee estimate was higher than actual.