Keep the calls coming - Swiss "Alien" arrested on 1,539 day overstay

webfact

Keep the calls coming - Swiss "Alien" arrested on 1,539 day overstay

5pm.jpg

Naew Na reported on the arrest of a 52 year old Swiss national who had overstayed his Thai visa by well over four years. 

He was picked up at a rented house (with no number) on Koh Phangan.

He had overstayed by 1,539 days and is now in custody. 

The media showed pictures of the foreigner with his face mostly obscured by a cartoon alien figure.

Naew Na said this was a November 6 - 11 crime sweep headed by Capt Therdsak Thawatworakun of Surat Thani along with Koh Phangan police and tourist police. 

They said it was ultimately under the orders of immigration chief Lt-Gen Sompong Chingduang and they urged the public to continue to report offenders by phoning 1178. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-08

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Note the disgustingly racist act of putting an 'alien' mask on the foreigner.

How low can the media Authorities stoop in their insults?!

And all this encouragement - incitement - to snitch on people. It's right out of Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four.

Abhorrent.

21 minutes ago, Eligius said:

And all this encouragement - incitement - to snitch on people. It's right out of Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four.

Abhorrent.

For as long as our respective countries ignore it and do not apply same treatment to Thai nationals , mainly in Germany 

38 minutes ago, BTB1977 said:

Another way to teach the Thais to love the farang.  Kind of like an open hunting season on farang.  Put a target on our backs and see if a Thai can bag one. 

...actually, if they put a bounty reward of 10,000 per farang overstayer, it would be quite the hunting season.

When there's a falang overstaying in your neighbourhood .

Who you going to call ? Falang busters.

When you see a falang up to no good. 

Who you going to call ?  Falang busters

When your falang neighbour forgets his TM30

Who you going to call ? Falang busters.

We aint affraid of no falangs

Doo, do, do, do, doo

1 hour ago, Eligius said:

Abhorrent.

I think it may a way of preserving the persons privacy until found guilty by a court of law, they could pixilate, but it shows some sick sense of humour 

Don't breach the law, don't get snitched on, easy

21 minutes ago, Eligius said:

I take your point. But it's worse than 'racist': it is actually suggesting that we foreigners are not even human!!

That's the fun part of the English language though isn't it?

As well as being the generic name for extraterrestrial life forms, an alien is also a globally recognized classification of a human being that doesn't hold the nationality or rights to the nationality of the nation he's in.

Personally, I blame the Area 51 crowd for muddying this particular linguistic puddle.

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

????????That's the fun part of the English language though isn't it?

As well as being the generic name for extraterrestrial life forms, an alien is also a globally recognized classification of a human being that doesn't hold the nationality or rights to the nationality of the nation he's in.

Personally, I blame the Area 51 crowd for muddying this particular linguistic puddle.

I was classified as a "legal alien" in the USA when residing for a period time some years ago, had a stamp to prove it ????????????????????i

3 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I was classified as a "legal alien" in the USA when residing for a period time some years ago, had a stamp to prove it ????????????????????i

As was Sting in his song 'Englishman in New York.' ????????

1 hour ago, BTB1977 said:

Another way to teach the Thais to love the farang.  Kind of like an open hunting season on farang.  Put a target on our backs and see if a Thai can bag one. 

No, It´s the overstayer that are putting a target on his back all by himself. Actually, I am so tired of them, that I would report if I knew any.

1 hour ago, Eligius said:

Abhorrent.

And you can note that they are breaking the law, and deserve what is coming to them.

52 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

''''they urged the public to continue to report offenders by phoning 1178."""  ?????

Using population to spy brings nothing good for the future of farang

That positive and just maybe it can finally lead to that all get caught eventually. However, my personal opinion is that they need to bring more attention to the problem before that is going to happen.

Some people seem to think that snitching on perpetrators of (essentially) victimless crimes is noble and laudatory.

I do not.

I have never broken the law in Thailand. I have never fallen foul of Immigration. I have never been late with all the visa requirements, etc., etc.

But I do not like people who take a perverse delight in snitching on others (unless, of course, they are committing REAL crimes - assault, murder, theft - and I could say a LOT about the ultimate theft that we have all been witness to over the past few years ....).

In a land where the law is whatever the power-wielders want it to be (on a self-aggrandizing whim - nothing whatsoever to do with equity and justice), I am amazed at Westerners who think that brown-nosing their way through life is the way to go.

That is not my way.

2 hours ago, Eligius said:

Abhorrent.

Yes, they should have just made him Blackface.

Archived