Keep the calls coming - Swiss "Alien" arrested on 1,539 day overstay

webfact

6 hours ago, Eligius said:

I take your point. But it's worse than 'racist': it is actually suggesting that we foreigners are not even human!!

Look up what the word "alien" means .

It means "belonging to a foreign Country"

You are getting the word mixed up with the film

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Sonhia said:

The majority of Thai are racist.  Move on Thai, most of the civil world have / are..

I cannot tolerate racism because I was a victim of racism from Thais whilst in Thailand for 12 years, each and every day!

The overstay is illigal, but there is no need to mok the foreigner, which is very much a Thai thing and sums up the Thai, childish, mentally mind-set.  They have no respect or honour.

Not all Thai are bad, there are those few that have a mature and forward thinking attirude, but sadly the majority do not. They bite and view the hand that feeds them with contempt.

Other governments should treat Thai the way inwhich Thai treat foreigners in respect of ownership, employment, visa, double stabdard pricing and so on..

Why do people continue to visit such a negative race of people, apart from those who have dependants there, whom I feel very sorry for.

There are much better places on this planet which allow a foreigner to be part of a fair community, not treated as an ALIEN, ATM or BANK by means of fraud and extortion on a never ending daily basis.

Thailand paradise!! What a  joke...

How much did she take you for?

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

ook up what the word "alien" means .

The real issue is not about  the term alien.  It is obvious from the picture what the Immigration Police think an alien is and who it applies to.

On the surface it looks like a 'joke'  but in reality it sends a wrong message to everyone.   This kind of stuff needs to be nipped in the bud.

I can remember when Darlie toothpaste was named Darkie toothpaste and showed the image of a black man in a top hat.  It was considered humorous by the Thai public and for years went unanswered until some black tourists came to Thailand and publically complained. They were offended and rightly so. The company changed the name and profile on the box.

I don't like the image being presented by this picture and I consider it offensive.  It smacks of stereotyping people (Westerners) as people who are not of this earth.  It's not funny especially when the Immigration Bureau is asking Thais to report the 'Aliens' and the Immigration Bureau are targetting everyone as potential overstayers and criminals.

there should be a 500 baht report for reporting farang!!! and 500 baht fine if not reported!!!  then we will all get reported by everyone we see!!!  fun times.

1178   I just asked a farang to buy me a beer and he said no

1178   I just asked farang if he could drive me to BKK

1178   I just don't like this farang!!!!        

let the 1178 games begin.....

52 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

It is completely racist to stereotype any person based upon race or ethnic background.  In essence- since all  Westerrners do not have Asian features- it is only Westerners who would be targetted.    Other Asians would never be looked at.

This is the only thing need to be commented in your post of total misleading information from a person that obviously do not know at all what it´s all about. It has nothing with racism to do. What is your problem?

This is something that has to do with that an overstayer is breaking the law. Please try to deny that with your weird and deluted fantasies.

Also other Asians would never be looked at? How many from Asian countries do you read about is found by Thai Immigration almost everyday? In other words you read about burmese, cambodian, chinese and other Asian nationalities same much as you read about other foreigners. Please also try do deny that.

After that you can come back and tell me if it´s racist or if it has to do with upholding the law?

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Sure, Everything is going to be bad and dangerous. Huga! :cheesy:

The discussion is about reporting people breaking the law, not any other people are concerned. Something that all people should do like good citizens. The law is the law, and nobody have the right to decide what is more or less important regarding that book.

One can just hope this kapo mentality will get him far enough.

31 minutes ago, sanemax said:

In the UK, we are taught on a street level , not to grass anyone up .

No one likes or trusts a grass/snitch

Are you also taught, that it´s good to have a pedophile as a neighbour?

Or maybe you are just taught that we can not say anything, because we must keep the lawbreakers at a steady predicted percentage.

18 minutes ago, Thaidream said:

The real issue is not about  the term alien.  It is obvious from the picture what the Immigration Police think an alien is and who it applies to.

On the surface it looks like a 'joke'  but in reality it sends a wrong message to everyone.   This kind of stuff needs to be nipped in the bud.

I can remember when Darlie toothpaste was named Darkie toothpaste and showed the image of a black man in a top hat.  It was considered humorous by the Thai public and for years went unanswered until some black tourists came to Thailand and publically complained. They were offended and rightly so. The company changed the name and profile on the box.

I don't like the image being presented by this picture and I consider it offensive.  It smacks of stereotyping people (Westerners) as people who are not of this earth.  It's not funny especially when the Immigration Bureau is asking Thais to report the 'Aliens' and the Immigration Bureau are targetting everyone as potential overstayers and criminals.

Exactly, Thaidream. Some posters have misunderstood what we are saying: we are not particularly complaining about the noun 'alien' (which is indeed used to describe foreigners in other, Western, countries too): it is the use of an extra-terrestrial ('alien') face superimposed upon a Westerner's face. This is offensive, as it DOES suggest that Westerners are not really human but some sub-species or weirdo species.

I find the use of this image in this way quite bizarre and insulting. 

1 hour ago, Scot123 said:

The racism in Thailand really makes my blood boil and makes me so angry when other non thais flippantly defend or joke about it. This act by Thai media is sickening and so disrespectful OMG top gear had such a frenzied attack from thais when they said a rickety bridge had a slant on it. Imagine if they had went round thailand wearing Chinese hats and stupid masks dropping their "R" and replacing it with "L" the out cry but this refer to us as a white fleshed fruit "Falang" and now covering our face with a stupid cartoon alien head. OMFG! TANTRUM OVER. 

I totally agree. Everyday racism in Thailand.

Thai economy is down, people are uneducated, unhappy and struggling on daily basis. There is a lot of anger bottled up. Then comes the government and its media to present the "falang" as legitimate target for (racist) attacks.

It is particularly sad, that Thais, due to their belief of being superior, don`t take advice and don`t learn from foreigners.

I have watched and experienced the development of China during the recent 15 years. Chinese are, unlike Thais, curious and willing to learn whatever they can pick up from foreigners, that`s the reason why they are so rapidly developing.

Thais need the falang badly, more than ever. When will they hear from their government to respect and appreciate falangs? Ridicule foreigners and publish hotline numbers to call immigration police? Hunting falang as new way of appreciation of those who come to Thailand and bring skill, knowledge and in every case, money?

Something is fundamentally wrong in this country.

9 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Are you also taught, that it´s good to have a pedophile as a neighbour?

Or maybe you are just taught that we can not say anything, because we must keep the lawbreakers at a steady predicted percentage.

No, I wasnt taught that its good to have a pedophile as a neighbour (strange question, why do you ask) , we were just taught not to grass / snitch / tell tales .

Odd that you mention nonces , as nonces and grasses are held in similar stature as each other

29 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

I was a victim of racism from Thais whilst in Thailand for 12 years, each and every day!

As they say. If you say A you got to say B. can you please elaborate on that comment and tell what was so horrible? What happened to you, that gave you these scars for life?

And then comes they natural question. How did you stand that treatment for 12 years, and why did you self-inflict such enormuos pain on yourself?

11 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Exactly, Thaidream. Some posters have misunderstood what we are saying: we are not particularly complaining about the noun 'alien' (which is indeed used to describe foreigners in other, Western, countries too): it is the use of an extra-terrestrial ('alien') face superimposed upon a Westerner's face. This is offensive, as it DOES suggest that Westerners are not really human but some sub-species or weirdo species.

Try not to use the word "we" , as a Caucasian , I am completely unbothered and dont care about either being classified as an alien , being referred to as an alien or having alien heads put on Westerners bodies .

You are upset and feel insulted , fair enough, but just speak for yourself and dont try to be a spokesman for everyone as not everyone cares one bit

4 minutes ago, P100 said:

I totally agree. Everyday racism in Thailand.

Thai economy is down, people are uneducated, unhappy and struggling on daily basis. There is a lot of anger bottled up. Then comes the government and its media to present the "falang" as legitimate target for (racist) attacks.

It is particularly sad, that Thais, due to their belief of being superior, don`t take advice and don`t learn from foreigners.

I have watched and experienced the development of China during the recent 15 years. Chinese are, unlike Thais, curious and willing to learn whatever they can pick up from foreigners, that`s the reason why they are so rapidly developing.

Thais need the falang badly, more than ever. When will they hear from their government to respect and appreciate falangs? Ridicule foreigners and publish hotline numbers to call immigration police? Hunting falang as new way of appreciation of those who come to Thailand and bring skill, knowledge and in every case, money?

Something is fundamentally wrong in this country.

I agree with a lot of what you say, P100.

But in fairness to the Thais I would like to add this: generally, I find the Thais friendly and helpful (I mean, the ordinary Thais - not Officialdom). A lot of their apparent 'racism' is not really malicious, merely ignorant - and that ignorance is deliberately fostered and stoked by those who run (ruin) this country! It is that attitude - the execrable attitude of the ruling faux-elite - that I object to. The Thais are largely victims of all this xenophobia and closed-minded non-thinking too (think about how the BKK faux-elite despise and utterly look down upon fellow Thais who happen to come from Isaan!).

38 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Look up what the word "alien" means .

Yes one can accept the meaning of the word, but cartoon of an actual alien over his face kind of proves the point otherwise.

Personally, i could not care less, not a politically correct snowflake, but then Thai should accept being mistreated and discriminated against instead of running to facebook to scream discrimination each and every time things do not go their way when they are overseas.

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Try not to use the word "we" , as a Caucasian , I am completely unbothered and dont care about either being classified as an alien , being referred to as an alien or having alien heads put on Westerners bodies .

You are upset and feel insulted , fair enough, but just speak for yourself and dont try to be a spokesman for everyone as not everyone cares one bit

You make a valid point, Sanemax. I stand corrected.

8 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Don´t worry. Today they have professional consulting and help online. Just Google it and get through this problematic phase in your life. I wish you all th best. ???? 

7 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No, I wasnt taught that its good to have a pedophile as a neighbour (strange question, why do you ask) , we were just taught not to grass / snitch / tell tales .

Odd that you mention nonces , as nonces and grasses are held in similar stature as each other

Ok, thanks for yuor answer. Then it was the steady percentage and the stupidity that follow that teaching that was the problem.

8 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Ok, thanks for yuor answer. Then it was the steady percentage and the stupidity that follow that teaching that was the problem.

The problem is that grasses like to grass people up and you have to watch what you say when you are in their company .

No one likes a grass

14 minutes ago, BestB said:

Yes one can accept the meaning of the word, but cartoon of an actual alien over his face kind of proves the point otherwise.

Personally, i could not care less, not a politically correct snowflake, but then Thai should accept being mistreated and discriminated against instead of running to facebook to scream discrimination each and every time things do not go their way when they are overseas.

Let other people do what they want and dont worry about it , although you could always report the posts to the facebook police and get them deleted ?

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

The problem is that grasses like to grass people up and you have to watch what you say when you are in their company .

No one likes a grass

Why would you need to watch what you say if you live on the right side and have nothing to hide? (Just to clarify. I am not talking about giving my account number and a copy of my passport)

10 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Let other people do what they want and dont worry about it , although you could always report the posts to the facebook police and get them deleted ?

Its not about reporting to facebook but about having enough brain cells to understand what is appropriate and what is not.

Not expected from a hooker or a taxi driver, but you would think people with some education would have enough brain cells, but clearly not

3 hours ago, Pilotman said:

its a problem for us all, because it reflects on us all and makes Immigration all the more eager to tighten the laws governing expats. Don't blame Immigration for the many hoops we have to jump through nowadays, blame prats like this one, and the drug dealers, pxxx poor long stayers, illegal workers and anti social drunks and miscreants. 

Agreed, but by making us do TM30 and 90 day reports, plus hours of queuing at immigration and a stack of stupid paperwork, they are encouraging farangs to say…. Sod this, I am gonna just overstay.

To which I would add:- I was recently at Immigration, on noticing the huge pile of paperwork and wasted time, I asked the IO what time she thought she would get home tonight? In response she just gave me that blank Thai out to lunch smile. They just do not seem to realise that all the stupid regulations are making more work for them and their own lives miserable.

9 hours ago, Eligius said:

Note the disgustingly racist act of putting an 'alien' mask on the foreigner.

How low can the media Authorities stoop in their insults?!

And all this encouragement - incitement - to snitch on people. It's right out of Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four.

Abhorrent.

We need to understand .

We are  just aliens on 90 days extensions , then you must report to the probation/ immi  officer .

However that said some faralangs amongst us , call thailand their home ? ...

Be the alien you always wanted to be!  Make your family proud!  Make mom proud!

Improve your alien presentation, dress for success during immigration home visits, nail those visa extension interviews!   Plan your success, by planning for success with confidence!  AS SEEN ON TV results may vary, not responsible for bodily harm caused by IO

image.png.53a6e77fdf53fc189340bb40fffb5a5f.png

Archived