Keep the calls coming - Swiss "Alien" arrested on 1,539 day overstay

webfact

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

Lke, if you say to a workmate "I was in a bit late today and nobody noticed" the grass would go and tell the boss if he found out that you were late for work

No, not at all. Now you are into same childish game like other replies I´ve got.

Does the fact that a workmate comes late to work, affect your status with the boss, your salury or how he looks at you?

Does the fact there is frequent news of foreigners in Thailand, affect your status with Immigration, how the money have to be shown and how the IO looks at you?

Stop focusing on grassing. It´s not about grassing anybody up. It´s about protecting the little bit left of our value in the eyes of Thailand Immigration, and people like him are a factor dragging everybody down.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

No, not at all. Now you are into same childish game like other replies I´ve got.

Does the fact that a workmate comes late to work, affect your status with the boss, your salury or how he looks at you?

Does the fact there is drequent news of foreigners in Thailand, affect your status with Immigration, how the money have to be shown and how the IO looks at you?

Yes, workmates grassing me up for being late would effect my employment, IE , I could get sacked .

People grassing up overstayers has no effect on me .

A felang overstaying has no effect on me a

nd no one likes grasses , not even the people who you grass  to .

Even the bosses dont like grasses (in the UK ) 

6 hours ago, RedPill said:

Shake off your Western attitude ... this argument is very easy to throw in ... but it goes 2 ways, mostly as people wish.

In the West, people are pretty law abiding ... in Thailand not at all!

Thai's don't care and give a damn about the law, driving without licenses, drunk, 10 peeps on the back of a pick-up, 5 on a motorcycle ... sabai sabai, they always pay their way out. Let me re-phrase that ... they "expect to be able to always pay their way out" ... or just wai.

If I completely get rid of all Western attitude (and all values), as you stated above, and act like a Thai, I would:

- let my boy ride a motorcy without license and helmet  ... I'm acting like a Thai

Then you would post how irresponsible this is! From your western point of view/attitude ... Thais don't care or give a damn, as you know.

- I would not even care about what type of visa I have and just pay the bribes to agents and immi to get what I need - in true Thai style 

But then I break the law, and then you are going to report me ???? With your western attitude ... the law is the law, and must not be broken!

etc. etc. etc. (this could get a long list with examples Thai vs. Western attitude)

What does it really mean when you say ... shake of the Western attitude?

Do I have to become 100% Thai? But then I would do silly things you would not let pass as being correct! 

Do I have a Western attitude? Then you say you have to shake it off? No one forced me to be here

It's funny how this always get's twisted around

You got a good point with that post. ???? 

I could rephrase to too much of a western attitude, but will not. Then you would ask how much is the right amount and who decides that, so I will withdraw that statement fully.

However, I do not see it wrong to report overstayers, as they definately are one of many factors that makes it harder for us all to deal with Immigration.

Really plain and simple, want to remain in any country, abide by the immigration laws, or expect to end up before the courts and face deportation and banning.

Actions (or lack of) results in consequences, consequences you have to take responsibility for.

23 minutes ago, sanemax said:

We may get into fights and problems , but, we deal with it and dont grass others up 

We/I deal with my/our own issues , just dont be a nonce or a grass

Ok, In your mind that makes you a better person, by breaking the law instead of using the same.

Also, you have clearly stated that overstayers, persons that overstay, does not affect you. Well then, I suppose you will never make any kind of post in this forum complaining about people denied entry for various reasons, moore so called hoops to jump for getting your extension or that it´s hard to know when as well as to file TM30. That because one factor of many that contributes to Immigration changing or enforcing rules in a harscher manner is to many overstayers. Nevermind, never forget that it doesn´t affect you. 

13 hours ago, Matzzon said:

The difference is that it become my problem, your problem and all foreigners problem. That by harder rules, more stringent controls and amendments to existing rules that make the hoops all people constantly talks about in this forum. 

That is not what happens if someone park their cars incorrectly ,as long as they no park where you have rented. Or maybe you are going to accept that too.

It hasn't become my problem. Immigration is a breeze, let them create their childish hoops, very easy to jump through/walk round them.

As for traffic laws, I have breached them several times but always had a positive result when encountering the RTP. Why? Because I'm intellectually superior to them. Yes, you heard it, Intellectually superior. When I first travelled to Thailand, I realised that I was generally intellectually superior to them. Having lived here for several years, I now know that I'm intellectually superior to virtually all of them. Arrogance? No, just a fact worth remembering when dealing with Thais, particularly those in authority. I can remember having a seious ruck with an army major who was in charge of the Land and Transport Office, here in Pattaya. I tied her in knots, treat her like a child and sent her on her way. No problem.

Do I give a jot if someone with the intellect of a child calls me silly names like "alien", no, I find it amusing 555. Thais are my favourite race of people in the world. I have found them kind, generous and very welcoming. Just like my children, I love them all.

And remember, "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king". I am that king and loving my time in my Kingdom.

21 hours ago, BTB1977 said:

Another way to teach the Thais to love the farang.  Kind of like an open hunting season on farang.  Put a target on our backs and see if a Thai can bag one. 

Do you think other countries don’t encourage their citizens to report people breaching Immigration rules?

Australian certainly does there is a website dedicated to the issue you can even make reports online anonymously.

It seems to me people like yourself and others want the law to suit  themselves.

No sympathy from me I comply so should others.

10 hours ago, DannyCarlton said:

It hasn't become my problem. Immigration is a breeze, let them create their childish hoops, very easy to jump through/walk round them.

As for traffic laws, I have breached them several times but always had a positive result when encountering the RTP. Why? Because I'm intellectually superior to them. Yes, you heard it, Intellectually superior. When I first travelled to Thailand, I realised that I was generally intellectually superior to them. Having lived here for several years, I now know that I'm intellectually superior to virtually all of them. Arrogance? No, just a fact worth remembering when dealing with Thais, particularly those in authority. I can remember having a seious ruck with an army major who was in charge of the Land and Transport Office, here in Pattaya. I tied her in knots, treat her like a child and sent her on her way. No problem.

Do I give a jot if someone with the intellect of a child calls me silly names like "alien", no, I find it amusing 555. Thais are my favourite race of people in the world. I have found them kind, generous and very welcoming. Just like my children, I love them all.

And remember, "In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king". I am that king and loving my time in my Kingdom.

Thanks for not letting you hubris over shadow your true self. :cheesy: I must say, if all this is true, you must be one seriously smart <deleted>.

9 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Thanks for not letting you hubris over shadow your true self. :cheesy: I must say, if all this is true, you must be one seriously smart <deleted>.

Although it's true that my IQ is in the top 1% globally, I don't speak with arrogance, just stating facts.

"To know thyself is the beginning of wisdom" - Socrates.

"To know others is the aim of wisdom" - Danny Carlton.

I once had an ‘Farage’ neighbor who was for almost two years nursing his Thai wife who was dying of cancer.

He wasn’t working but I think had his pension and the cost of care for his wife, buying a ‘patient bed’ medicines and supplies stripped him of what money he had.

After his wife died he self reported for overstay, spent some time in the immigration prison and was deported.

While clearly broke the care he took of his wife was exemplary, I frequently saw his neighbors wai him and lower themselves as they walked past him. He clearly had earned great respect with his neighbors.

It is horrific to think one phone call would have had unimaginably tragic consequences.

It’s universal, nobody likes a snitch, and for good reason.

Overstay, look the other way.

16 hours ago, digger70 said:

How does the average Native Know if an Alien is on overstay? Ask for the Aliens Passport to check? what's this country turning into . ????

Probably the owner wanted to make the declaration to immigration and to the negative answer he knew that he could get a reward for the informing or other gratified if he was the head of the village

2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

You don´t have to worry. Got your papers clear, right?

My documents are very clear, but not nice to know snitches are being encouraged to blow the whistle on any activity that a farang might make while trying to live in a country.

15 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

My documents are very clear, but not nice to know snitches are being encouraged to blow the whistle on any activity that a farang might make while trying to live in a country.

Nope, and what you are doing is putting this under the negativity flashlight like many others.

Immigration have seen an increase in overstayers during many years, and also become aware of that many foreigners in Thailand are working illegally. They do not like that, and wish to put an end to it. They do not want people like that staying in Thailand. It´s their country, and ultimately their choice. They have chosen to take help from civilians to reach their goal. Nothing wrong with that, and nothing anybody with legal stay in Thailand have to think or worry about.

55 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Although it's true that my IQ is in the top 1% globally, I don't speak with arrogance, just stating facts.

"To know thyself is the beginning of wisdom" - Socrates.

"To know others is the aim of wisdom" - Danny Carlton.

"To speak a lot about yourself is the essence of insecurity och a fragile mind" - Matzzon

Also, to compare one self with Socrates is to live in the past.

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

Nope, and what you are doing is putting this under the negativity flashlight like many others.

Immigration have seen an increase in overstayers during many years, and also become aware of that many foreigners in Thailand are working illegally. They do not like that, and wish to put an end to it. They do not want people like that staying in Thailand. It´s their country, and ultimately their choice. They have chosen to take help from civilians to reach their goal. Nothing wrong with that, and nothing anybody with legal stay in Thailand have to think or worry about.

Still no reason, other than money, to grass on him. A grass who does it for money is a serious lowlife.

The worrying thing is that this is the apparatus of a police state. It is exactly what is done in Cuba, where Communist Party "block captains" maintain an informal network of spies, snitches, informants, and agents.

14 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Why? What harm has he done to you, me, his neighbour or Thailand?

These people don't care about laws. I never would trust such people because they might do a lot to be able stay here illegally. And perhaps he has a reason to hide here in Thailand. There were enough bad examples already. You really want to protect such people? 

What I cannot understand with some posters here is the "Get whitty attitude".  So their  overstayers,  woopy do.  Explain how this has effected you personally?  They know the risks of overstaying.   Whatever their reason for doing it I don't know but at a guess I would say part of the problem is how difficult it is to get permanent residency status.  I know it frustrates the h@11 out of me! I have my own means of support,  am married to a Thai girl and still it's probably easier for me to fly to the moon than achieve PR status.

Amazing

so many farang openly admit they avoid contact with other farang, do not see any reason to acknowledge them when passing, suddenly expect all farang to front up with 'community' values and show loyalty to each other!! 

I don't know the guy - he might as well be an alien - goodbye fella - hope you don't have dependents who suffer for your lazy inept performance immigration wise

16 minutes ago, Beggar said:

These people don't care about laws. I never would trust such people because they might do a lot to be able stay here illegally. And perhaps he has a reason to hide here in Thailand. There were enough bad examples already. You really want to protect such people? 

And what evidence is there that he wasn't supporting a Thai family and wen't off radar because he couldn't meet the visa requirements? Do you always think the worst in people?

Archived