Jump to content
BANGKOK
webfact

Keep the calls coming - Swiss "Alien" arrested on 1,539 day overstay

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Eligius said:

Exactly, Thaidream. Some posters have misunderstood what we are saying: we are not particularly complaining about the noun 'alien' (which is indeed used to describe foreigners in other, Western, countries too): it is the use of an extra-terrestrial ('alien') face superimposed upon a Westerner's face. This is offensive, as it DOES suggest that Westerners are not really human but some sub-species or weirdo species.

I find the use of this image in this way quite bizarre and insulting. 

 

Try not to use the word "we" , as a Caucasian , I am completely unbothered and dont care about either being classified as an alien , being referred to as an alien or having alien heads put on Westerners bodies .

  You are upset and feel insulted , fair enough, but just speak for yourself and dont try to be a spokesman for everyone as not everyone cares one bit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Look up what the word "alien" means .

It means "belonging to a foreign Country"

You are getting the word mixed up with the film

Yes one can accept the meaning of the word, but cartoon of an actual alien over his face kind of proves the point otherwise.

 

Personally, i could not care less, not a politically correct snowflake, but then Thai should accept being mistreated and discriminated against instead of running to facebook to scream discrimination each and every time things do not go their way when they are overseas.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Try not to use the word "we" , as a Caucasian , I am completely unbothered and dont care about either being classified as an alien , being referred to as an alien or having alien heads put on Westerners bodies .

  You are upset and feel insulted , fair enough, but just speak for yourself and dont try to be a spokesman for everyone as not everyone cares one bit

You make a valid point, Sanemax. I stand corrected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Eligius said:

I find the use of this image in this way quite bizarre and insulting.

Don´t worry. Today they have professional consulting and help online. Just Google it and get through this problematic phase in your life. I wish you all th best. 🙂 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No, I wasnt taught that its good to have a pedophile as a neighbour (strange question, why do you ask) , we were just taught not to grass / snitch / tell tales .

  Odd that you mention nonces , as nonces and grasses are held in similar stature as each other

Ok, thanks for yuor answer. Then it was the steady percentage and the stupidity that follow that teaching that was the problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

Ok, thanks for yuor answer. Then it was the steady percentage and the stupidity that follow that teaching that was the problem.

The problem is that grasses like to grass people up and you have to watch what you say when you are in their company .

  No one likes a grass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BestB said:

Yes one can accept the meaning of the word, but cartoon of an actual alien over his face kind of proves the point otherwise.

 

Personally, i could not care less, not a politically correct snowflake, but then Thai should accept being mistreated and discriminated against instead of running to facebook to scream discrimination each and every time things do not go their way when they are overseas.

Let other people do what they want and dont worry about it , although you could always report the posts to the facebook police and get them deleted ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sanemax said:

The problem is that grasses like to grass people up and you have to watch what you say when you are in their company .

  No one likes a grass

Why would you need to watch what you say if you live on the right side and have nothing to hide? (Just to clarify. I am not talking about giving my account number and a copy of my passport)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Let other people do what they want and dont worry about it , although you could always report the posts to the facebook police and get them deleted ?

Its not about reporting to facebook but about having enough brain cells to understand what is appropriate and what is not.

 

Not expected from a hooker or a taxi driver, but you would think people with some education would have enough brain cells, but clearly not

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pilotman said:

its a problem for us all, because it reflects on us all and makes Immigration all the more eager to tighten the laws governing expats. Don't blame Immigration for the many hoops we have to jump through nowadays, blame prats like this one, and the drug dealers, pxxx poor long stayers, illegal workers and anti social drunks and miscreants. 

Agreed, but by making us do TM30 and 90 day reports, plus hours of queuing at immigration and a stack of stupid paperwork, they are encouraging farangs to say…. Sod this, I am gonna just overstay.

 

To which I would add:- I was recently at Immigration, on noticing the huge pile of paperwork and wasted time, I asked the IO what time she thought she would get home tonight? In response she just gave me that blank Thai out to lunch smile. They just do not seem to realise that all the stupid regulations are making more work for them and their own lives miserable.

Edited by DaRoadrunner
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Eligius said:

Note the disgustingly racist act of putting an 'alien' mask on the foreigner.

How low can the media Authorities stoop in their insults?!

 

And all this encouragement - incitement - to snitch on people. It's right out of Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four.

 

Abhorrent.

 

 

  We need to understand .

We are  just aliens on 90 days extensions , then you must report to the probation/ immi  officer .

  However that said some faralangs amongst us , call thailand their home ? ...

 

   

Edited by elliss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be the alien you always wanted to be!  Make your family proud!  Make mom proud!

 

Improve your alien presentation, dress for success during immigration home visits, nail those visa extension interviews!   Plan your success, by planning for success with confidence!  AS SEEN ON TV results may vary, not responsible for bodily harm caused by IO

 

image.png.53a6e77fdf53fc189340bb40fffb5a5f.png

 

 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...