E-Cigarettes: Thousands of illegal items seized from "delivery man" at Don Mueang airport

webfact

E-Cigarettes: Thousands of illegal items seized from "delivery man" at Don Mueang airport

7pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Police acting on a tip from an informant stopped a Thai man in a Hilux pick-up outside the cargo area of Don Mueang airport on Wednesday evening. 

In the pick-up were 563 E-cigarettes, 2,150 items for smoking electronic cigarettes and 4,323 bottles of vaping fluid. 

Such items are all illegal in Thailand in their importation, sale and use. 

Ekphisit or "Wow", 24, said he was just the delivery man - he was paid 400 baht a time and had done this four times already. 

Don Mueang police are expanding the inquiry to find out who lies behind the business. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-11-08

21 minutes ago, webfact said:

Ekphisit or "Wow", 24, said he was just the delivery man - he was paid 400 baht a time and had done this four times already. 

Don Mueang police are expanding the inquiry to find out who lies behind the business.

Obviously a smoking gun.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Police acting on a tip from an informant........

No big deal, just daily normal routine.

Police invited to pay professional snitch for news of illegal shipment. Police act on their financial investment and dispossess existing smuggler of illegal E cigs gear and facilitate change of ownership to a new "connected" owner/distributor. Another day in the life of the RTP.

1 minute ago, Destiny1990 said:

Tourists get fined 40,000 bht on the spot.

That is a convenience fee for not going to court,???? ones who refuse it, pay only 600 baht (from memory) in court but get arrested and deported immediately after the court.

In other semi normal circumstances, tourists can get away with paying 20 000 and know someone who managed to pay 2000, but lost his gear as well 

But keep in mind, there is BIG difference between possession of one for personal use in public and importation for distribution purposes in large quantities

1 minute ago, tifino said:

If the Investigators were smart; they'd copy Western practice - in letting the shipment keep moving, so they could trace it all the way to Final Destination... 

Why bother wasting time when driver has told them delivery address ???? 

On 11/12/2019 at 3:50 PM, Destiny1990 said:

Tourists get fined 40,000 bht on the spot.

No they don't!  Since when have tourists become involved and charged for the wholesale distribution of the equipment?

If, perhaps, you're referring to tourists being charged for the completely different offence of vaping, there have been no reports of tourists have been fined B40,000 for that offence.

9 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

No they don't!  Since when have tourists become involved and charged for the wholesale distribution of the equipment?

If, perhaps, you're referring to tourists being charged for the completely different offence of vaping, there have been no reports of tourists have been fined B40,000 for that offence.

Gerard Joling spent a few hours in a Thai cell. The famous singer was for a performance in the Asian country and then wanted to go into Pattaya's nightlife for a while, but because his sound engineer man was holding an e-cigarette, the nightlife was never achieved.
"At first we had no idea what was going on, but it turned out to be his e-cigarette. They are forbidden in Thailand. He had to go to the police station  and we didn't understand a thing," says the 59- year old Joling in conversation with the newspaper.
According to the two officers who took his sound man,and the whole entourage  to the police station, the sound man could face a five-year prison sentence if he didn't immediately tap 900 euros. "That seemed like a ridiculous amount to me and that is why I started to get involved, but I should not have done that. Then I was suddenly in that cage and I was not allowed to leave!"

Eventually Gerard Joling decided to pay the fine so that they were released. "When the money was there, they were indeed satisfied and we were given a whole explanation. It had to do with evading excise duties! it seems good to warn people about this who want to go to Thailand.

18 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:
18 hours ago, Just Weird said:

Gerard Joling spent a few hours in a Thai cell. The famous singer was for a performance in the Asian country and then wanted to go into Pattaya's nightlife for a while, but because his sound engineer man was holding an e-cigarette, the nightlife was never achieved.
"At first we had no idea what was going on, but it turned out to be his e-cigarette. They are forbidden in Thailand. He had to go to the police station  and we didn't understand a thing," says the 59- year old Joling in conversation with the newspaper.
According to the two officers who took his sound man,and the whole entourage  to the police station, the sound man could face a five-year prison sentence if he didn't immediately tap 900 euros. "That seemed like a ridiculous amount to me and that is why I started to get involved, but I should not have done that. Then I was suddenly in that cage and I was not allowed to leave!"

E

Thanks for confirming, albeit in immensely large font from some anonymous source, that I was correct in what I said, .

30 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Thanks for confirming, albeit in immensely large font from some anonymous source, that I was correct in what I said, .

Its not the first time that you have been exposed here for making nonsense comments. I better do like most of the other members always doing here and that’s completely ignoring You !

Archived