Traffic ticket - I'm not the driver in the scene - should I pay? where?

Yabiaomer

16 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

A pointless reply from a ThaiVisa member criticizing the responses of other ThaiVisa members... ****in very believable !!!  ????

Thinking outside the box is obviously not your strong point; never mind!

Have a nice day.

Just to add a bit of data.. I have had 10s of speeding fines by post over the last decade, I have never paid any of them. Nothing further has ever happened. In fact multiple of my vehicles are registered at addresses I am no longer at (some they wont move) so I wouldnt even see the letter. 

Each year I think it will be the year it kicks in and when I pay the por ror bor, I will get a stack of fines, and year it isnt that year.. I have also sold vehicles after using them and getting tickets, and it simply doesnt come up. 

Someday that will change, but for now, fines, especially interprovincial (mine seem to always come from road trips) dont seem to go anywhere. 

On 11/9/2019 at 6:17 PM, Moti24 said:

Twenty four replies to a post about a 400Baht ticket; ****in unbelievable!

Somebody send him the 400Baht, <deleted>!

If it's so important to you, send it yourself. Why should we?

Brilliant - certainly in the UK you'd pay very quickly and quietly before the police found out you'd let someone ride your bike probably uninsured... however in Thailand, it's not so simple. The fine goes to the owner of the vehicle - simple.

No points on your licence, nothing like that - it's a poor system that hardly holds together in any real sense.

So don't mess. The only outcomes for this are 1. Pay the fine and forget it. or 2. Don't pay it and see if it comes back to bite you in the <deleted>.

I did 2. on an accident where damage was estimated at 40,000 baht - worked well.

I wouldn't do it for a fine of this sort. I also could never imagine allowing anyone to borrow anything more than a basic scooter from me - except one time I swapped GSX-R's with a friend and went for a quick blast with him.

Archived