Lights in series, Dim or brighten one seperately

Polarizing

15 hours ago, Polarizing said:

However, I have a new question. Today I got my dimmable leds installed with the keegook smart dimmer. The keegook dimmer needs a neutral to operate, so the technician wired a neutral from the box to the dimmer. However, my dimmable leds are connected without a neutral, The leds have two little cables connecting to the wire, the technician said one is "fai" (I think hot), one is "din" (I think ground). It is working, but I wonder... is it correctly installed? Is there some lazyness involved? Maybe lazy to pull the N to all the leds? 

I hope that I explained my situation clearly haha...

My guess is it's wired correctly, but the detail got scrambled in translation.

dimmer.jpg.175f6dd991f4338f8be25382134d547c.jpg

On 11/8/2019 at 5:23 PM, Polarizing said:

I want one dimmer to control 7 lights, and one seperate moodlight. The dimmerswitch is near my front entrance and if I press it with a button, I wish to have all the lights on (including the moodlight) However, I want to program things so I would be able to say "siri, turn off the main living room lights" with the result of the moodlight remaining ON. 

The dimmer and the moodlight is very far away and would be impractical to run a new hot and a neutral to from the dimmer. However, I would consider it if it is my only option.

Considering the replies, I think the question transformed into: Is it possible to connect a smartlight in the same circuit. As Crossy said, I cannot feed a smartlight of a dimmer, so probably not. Or is it better to connect the smart moodlight to seperate nearby outlet? And program it so when the main living room lights are on to turn the moodlight on as well (not sure if thats possible haha).

Getting Siri to switch off the lights, Good luck with that, she won’t even type what I tell her

4 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Getting Siri to switch off the lights, Good luck with that, she won’t even type what I tell her

Probably your accent.

Siri seems to understand what I’m saying.

I’ve dictated all of this to her and it’s come out perfectly.

I can also use Siri to turn on the lights, turn off the lights, dim the lights and various other operations.

21 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Siri has been tuned to the average Apple owners tone.

Stick cotton wool up your nose and she will pickup anything you say.

4 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Probably your accent.

Siri seems to understand what I’m saying.

I’ve dictated all of this to her and it’s come out perfectly.

I can also use Siri to turn on the lights, turn off the lights, dim the lights and various other operations.

It was a flippant comment. Siri typed that OK ... Except she missed the d in typed the first time.

And I just said Siri turn down the lights, but nothing happened!

3 hours ago, tifino said:

maybe she's Siri-Thai? and you try say '(Open/Close/Off/On) the Light'

haha with all the respect, siri understand what im saying too, i mean most of the time

4 hours ago, JAS21 said:

It was a flippant comment. Siri typed that OK ... Except she missed the d in typed the first time.

And I just said Siri turn down the lights, but nothing happened!

19 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

I’ve just received a few Aqara products and while the hub is required they function well in HomeKit and happily also control the single Yeelight that I have. The Hue system will not.

I thought the yeelight doesn't require a hub, so I am guessing, with the hub you can set scenes?

5 hours ago, Polarizing said:

I thought the yeelight doesn't require a hub, so I am guessing, with the hub you can set scenes?

The Yeelight does not need a hub but it can not be controlled by the Philips Hub or react to Philips accessories AFIK.

It can however through HomeKit be controlled by and react to Aqara accessories.

Archived