Jump to content
BANGKOK
primapagina

SmartVisa and driving license

Recommended Posts

I am a happy holder of a Smart Visa, category startups, sub-category Food of the Future. As you may know, the SmartVisa is a brand new Visa aimed at attracting professional and entrepreneurs and provide many benefits. https://smart-visa.boi.go.th/smart/ for details. Unfortunately, the government forgot to tell the Land Transportation Department about this new Visa. As a consequence, when you go to renew the 5 year driving license, they will not acknowledge the SmartVisa as other non imm Visa (retirement, work, business, marriage, etc). They will just give you a 2 years temporary license, no International driving license and more documents to submit. If you have a SmartVisa like me, please ask the BOI at smartvisa@boi.go.th to fix this! 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, primapagina said:

they will not acknowledge the SmartVisa as other non imm Visa

Probably because it's not a non-immigrant visa but a smart-visa 😉

 

Government agencies in Thailand usually don't talk with each other, so you might want to contact the Ministry of Transport and Department of Land Transport as well, they are the ones who would have to change their rules.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, primapagina said:

I am a happy holder of a Smart Visa, category startups, sub-category Food of the Future. As you may know, the SmartVisa is a brand new Visa aimed at attracting professional and entrepreneurs and provide many benefits. https://smart-visa.boi.go.th/smart/ for details. Unfortunately, the government forgot to tell the Land Transportation Department about this new Visa. As a consequence, when you go to renew the 5 year driving license, they will not acknowledge the SmartVisa as other non imm Visa (retirement, work, business, marriage, etc). They will just give you a 2 years temporary license, no International driving license and more documents to submit. If you have a SmartVisa like me, please ask the BOI at smartvisa@boi.go.th to fix this! 

You are probably new here

anyway good luck to you

and welcome in Thailand 

it's a very long way to accept all the nonsenses 

if you are budhist and very patient it should help a little bit

Edited by kingofthemountain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smart visa.................🤣..........🥴

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2019 at 11:32 PM, jackdd said:

Probably because it's not a non-immigrant visa but a smart-visa 😉

 

Government agencies in Thailand usually don't talk with each other, so you might want to contact the Ministry of Transport and Department of Land Transport as well, they are the ones who would have to change their rules.

@jackdd thanks. The BOI department, which is in charge of the SmartVisa, already promised they will deal with the Ministry of Department for this. I am just looking for other SmartVisa holders, so that they know what the problem is before they go for their license renewal. Also I hope they can also ask the BOI to fix this (with more pressure this might be dealt with faster).

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...