Topdjdel's and Mr Bo Jangles' Chaiya Phum thread

mrbojangles

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where abouts in Chaiya Phum do you stay Topdjdel? Always looking for a fellow farang to have a beer with when we visit the relatives up there.

Mr bojojangles

It would be a pleasure to ave a beer in Chaiyaphum with you sir,when we will be back I cant say for sure tho,however we are at.....

When you come into Chaiyaphum at the main traffic lights with bangkok bank on your left you turn left as if going to Buddah,near the massage.

Failing that, the police flats opp 7/11.

Failing that, drunk at the Mrs sisters and trying to explain getting there would take a month. oh and inbetween can be found wondering tescos lol.

keep in touch

delboy

oh and inbetween can be found wondering tescos lol.

When did they open that? I haven't seen one in Chaiya Phum :o

Not too sure myself when we are going back. Hopefully, not too far off.

Ask your Mrs if she knows Ban Kai (sp), our relatives are quite near to that town but until we've built the house, i carry on staying in the Hotel in Chaiya phum

oh and inbetween can be found wondering tescos lol.

When did they open that? I haven't seen one in Chaiya Phum :o

Not too sure myself when we are going back. Hopefully, not too far off.

Ask your Mrs if she knows Ban Kai (sp), our relatives are quite near to that town but until we've built the house, i carry on staying in the Hotel in Chaiya phum

Blimey, didnt know of tesco lotus.

If my memory is correct(normally blurred whn in LOS lol)2years+ KFC also.

The building used to be Big C or D or something like that up the back of town near the staduim.Everytime I go there now I see more farangs.With my dodgy eye I do stand out a bit lol.

Hotels,which one do use,the one with the disco at the bottom or the one in town where I tend watch the footie outside(forgot the names)

Still,if you get back before me Chaiyaphum it is still very very laid back.I cannot honestly say if Id like to deveople or not,I like being there and feeling the rest of the world does not exist lol.

delboy

Blimey, didnt know of tesco lotus.

If my memory is correct(normally blurred whn in LOS lol)2years+ KFC also.

The building used to be Big C or D or something like that up the back of town near the staduim.Everytime I go there now I see more farangs.With my dodgy eye I do stand out a bit lol.

Well i mainly stay in the village during the day and go to the Hotel late at night, to get some sleep (and beers of course). So i haven't really explored Chaiya Phum town itself but i will be doing next time :D

the one in town where I tend watch the footie outside(forgot the names)

I think it's that one, where i stay. Can't remember names either. :o TV's and a kind of restaurant outside the front of the hotel. Rooms are a bit well, er, cr4ppy :D

I think it's that one, where i stay. Can't remember names either. :o TV's and a kind of restaurant outside the front of the hotel. Rooms are a bit well, er, cr4ppy :D

Thats the one Im sure,never stayed in them myself but I know what you mean tho lol.

it wont take you long to find your way in Chaiyaphum oh and Tesco is up the road from that hotel.

delboy

Mrbo,

ban kai 10kilos from Chaiyaphum so thats nearer the Mrs sisters.

A few beers me thinks :o

delboy

A few beers indeed sir. It sounds like we might be very near the same village. I'll pm you :D

Mo Bo, I can say from experience - that would be topdjdels wedding actually - that I agree with your description of the hotel rooms - ha ha, yeah cheers Del.

Jimmy

Yeah but there is also a nicer one, which is more like a holiday resort than a hotel but again i can't remember the name :D

Mo Bo, I can say from experience - that would be topdjdels wedding actually - that I agree with your description of the hotel rooms - ha ha, yeah cheers Del.

Jimmy

Jimlad

You stayed at the hotel with the disco at the bottom,remember? I know it was a blurr but youll never forget Am's driving will ya lol??

Oh nearly forgot I think Am(Lucky carousel incase your thinking who) is coming to the UK i think this week for a few days guess whos a taxi driver this week lol

:o Wow, when I saw this thread topic I thought....finally a bar/restaurant to get a beer in Chaiyaphum. Now having read thru it, things look the same...no place to grab a "pint" on a lazy afternoon. Somebody ought to open a place there...just a thought. :D

Nearest thing I see to a bar was by the bus station.

The only disco is in that hotel.

i have been pondering about a pub style place in Chaiyaphum fora long long time,Wondering would it work etc-doubt it tho it is Chayiaphum after all.

delboy

There is a big place which i found only last year. I really am bad at names but it has a bit of a seating area outside, then you go inside and it has loads of seating and tables and a big stage where it had about 5 or 6 live bands playing Issan music. The Mrs loved it but Issan music, to me anyway, is an aquired taste :o

As for a pub, i too have been thinking about it but i just don't think there are enough farang in the area just yet. The farang connection seems to do ok in Surin but i don't know how many farang are in that area.

Tesco has been open in Chaiyaphum somewhere twixt 18 & 24 months. It's not bad, but a fairly limited range. For their pricing, I still prefer the local 'mum & dad' run shops.

What to to in Chaiyaphum? Not much. It's a fairly sleepy sort of place. The daily markets start about 4AM or so & there is a chemist/general store open at that time in the main street.

Accommodation - again, not much. We're only 40km away (when we're there).

Few nice family run eateries - prices are all low, and hopefully will be that way for some time. Buses are *reasonably* reliable.

So far (3 years) I've met one Canadian there. That's it. I know there are more around, but I think maybe they hide somewhere.

So far (3 years) I've met one Canadian there. That's it. I know there are more around, but I think maybe they hide somewhere.

Yeah i haven't met any in Chaiya Phum yet. There are 2 Farang in the same village as us but we haven't met them yet as we haven't been there when they have :o

When we do all meet up(sooner or later gonna happen) IT WLL be a good jolly up me thinks.

Drink the place dry!! wahay sounds fun to me.

delboy :o

Drink Chaiyaphum dry? There's what - 5 of us? What will we do for the rest of the day?

When we do all meet up(sooner or later gonna happen) IT WLL be a good jolly up me thinks.

delboy :o

Drink Chaiyaphum dry? There's what - 5 of us? What will we do for the rest of the day?

Hey guys i just live down the road near Lam Plai Mat. You probably need a couple of Aussies to introduce a bit of couth into the company. What about an invite.

Cheers,

Bicko

Everybodies welcome lol.

Mr Bo,the ladies have spoken.

Well Im really looking forward to meeting up and having a good old p_#$ up hahaha

Jimlad,did you say 2 beers and oi,you aint that far behind in age lol

delboy

delboy :D

Hey guys i just live down the road near Lam Plai Mat. You probably need a couple of Aussies to introduce a bit of couth into the company. What about an invite.

Cheers,

Bicko

Absolutely bicko, the more the merrier :D

Yeah topdjdel, they rattled on for ages :D

And as for the age thing. By the sounds of it I'll be calling you all "Uncle's" :o:D

Topdjdel is in fact 72 but cuts a mean looking 34, I suppose getting called uncle is better than getting called Mrs!!

Lord Bigjimmy

glad you spotted it before me and you stole my thunder!! LOL

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So how many have we got in the vicinity of Chaiyaphum?

myself, topdjdel, BigJimmy, Bicko, pgs and Ken (within travelling distance)

Any more out there guys?

In my immediate village area, a couple others "fulltime" who would be willing to "pop" into Chaiyaphum on a lazy afternoon. And at least a dozen others who don't live here full time but have homes here and come for Holiday during various times of the year. Not saying that Chaiyaphum city is high on the list of daily visits, but would for sure make the short trip more often if there was a place to enjoy a beer. :o:D:D

So how many have we got in the vicinity of Chaiyaphum?

myself, topdjdel, BigJimmy, Bicko, pgs and Ken (within travelling distance)

Any more out there guys?

In my immediate village area, a couple others "fulltime" who would be willing to "pop" into Chaiyaphum on a lazy afternoon. And at least a dozen others who don't live here full time but have homes here and come for Holiday during various times of the year. Not saying that Chaiyaphum city is high on the list of daily visits, but would for sure make the short trip more often if there was a place to enjoy a beer. :o:D:D

Ken

Hope you were including me in the "immediate village area" Give me a heads up when you plan on heading north.

ThaiRanger